DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On the quote box - the upper left corner should have what looks kinda like crosshairs on it (at a minimum when you more your mouse there)

That SHOULD select the box and then just delete or backspace as normal 

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and speaking of Joey Styles

Apparently the WWE released him

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/joey-styles-released-wwe/#.V6jMntArJE4?platform=hootsuite

I'm confused as to why they'd release him.  If they pulled his Facebook video and it led to his release, that just seems awfully stupid.  He's been a supremely strong defender of WWE, yet God forbid he has an opinion that differs from what should be said.  I wonder if he got the okay to do that video in the first place.

14 minutes ago, NickMD said:

I'm confused as to why they'd release him.  If they pulled his Facebook video and it led to his release, that just seems awfully stupid.  He's been a supremely strong defender of WWE, yet God forbid he has an opinion that differs from what should be said.  I wonder if he got the okay to do that video in the first place.

WWE was plugging the Facebook Q&A on their own page days before it happened. He had the okay to do the Q&A, but the content was more like a shoot interview.

On to more important things:

• Like 4

Plus it's been established that the digital team isn't necessarily on the same page with other areas in WWE.  If he was in charge of digital then who would he go to for approval?  I heard that Steph has a role in managing that but I doubt he went to her.

51 minutes ago, (BP) said:

If anyone could be trusted to do something safe and compelling with Foley given all of his limitations now it's Owens. 

I for one look forward to Foley taking apron powerbombs from Owens, yup.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

What was on the Q&A that would have pissed them off?

From Wrestling Observer:

Styles was outspoken in the session, and even jokingly speculated that it would be the reason he would be fired. During the Q&A, Styles spoke candidly about why WWE Chairman Vince McMahon has felt the need to push Roman Reigns as a babyface, not liking the name of the WWE Universal Championship, and other topics. Video of the Q&A was later taken down.

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

What was on the Q&A that would have pissed them off?

From article

Styles was extremely open during the chat and talked about not liking the name of the Universal Championship, hating the 3-man commentary booth and why Vince loves Roman Reigns.

And the Reigns stuff was

“Bottom line is, if our chairman thinks he sees a future star as a babyface, that’s how things are gonna play out … But the answer is Vince thinks it can work. He’s been right much, much, much, much, much more than wrong over the course of the last 40 years. I’m sorry, but I’m not gonna second-guess the chairman.”

It does suck, but thinking about it I wonder if it was the aftermath that led to his firing.  Was it the actual video, or him being a proud man maybe he got into a huge argument with some top people there.  It'd be fucked up if it was just the video that led to this, but can't rule out other possibilities.

Speaking of said video, anybody know if it's up elsewhere that WWE hasn't touched?  If I have to a transcript would do.