DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

https://twitter.com/johncena/status/699194494768586752

I am not the biggest fan of John Cena, but dammit, stay out of the ring as long as possible to get as close to 100% as you can. Seeing Daniel Bryan go too soon has made me want to see other guys stick around as long as they can and not shorten their career by coming back too soon. 

It today's mind blown moment for me - I had no idea Kenneth Cameron/Bram was the same person

The worst part is, the only reason Bram showed up doing that anger mismanagement uncontrollable temper madman gimmick is because they assumed everyone knew exactly who he was and what he'd done. They even had Magnus tell him on TV, the only reason you lost your last job was because of that temper. But the beard makes him look like someone else entirely.

Gotta agree with you here Craig. The idea that John Cena's gonna try to save a dismal Wrestlemania card at the expense of his own health is just insane to me in the wake of Bryan's retirement. If he does try to come back, I hope he's put in a tag match or something and doesn't have to go crazy doing stunners off the ropes and that sort of thing.

Gotta agree with you here Craig. The idea that John Cena's gonna try to save a dismal Wrestlemania card at the expense of his own health is just insane to me in the wake of Bryan's retirement. If he does try to come back, I hope he's put in a tag match or something and doesn't have to go crazy doing stunners off the ropes and that sort of thing.

At this point just stick him with Old Man Taker in a career vs. career match.

At this point just stick him with Old Man Taker in a career vs. career match.

At least that way we know the match with be in slow motion.

The sad thing is that there is virtually nothing Cena can do to "save" or even marginally improve WM this year. The tickets are already sold, and there isn't any type of dream match for him to do either, unless you think Cena/Taker 5 years after it should've happened with no streak is still a dream match. Coming back early would be bad for so many reasons.

Comparing the pro wrestling business to any other business is always silly and comparing Vince McMahon to your boss is always silly.

The same boss who didn't respect Kofi until Kofi fought him on a plane. It's absurd.

What are you talking about? They were pretty over with the Full Sail crowd.

Gotta disagree, seems to me that people at Full Sail were behind them at first and quickly went from chanting for The Ascension to chanting at the Ascension. The distinction is a subtle one, but pretty important. In the case of the Ascension, NXT did drop the ball, in that they forgot what made the original source material (Road Warriors) work so well... Back in the day no one left Hawk and Animal out there in the ring long enough for all of their deficiencies to be exposed. By the time that NXT went back to having the Ascension do what they do well (squashes, jump guys at ringside, etc.) it was already too late and everyone had seen that not only were the Emperors naked, they were pretty much standing there with their dicks in their hands wondering what to do next.

I think the Titus opinion shouldn't be anger about Vince but asking why Titus was doing whatever it was he was doing. It was unprofessional.

It was like if you cornered your boss for some reason at a co-workers retirement party.

Please tell me why WWE only suspends a wrestler for 2 or 3 weeks when they engage in a dangerous behavior like drinking and driving, but grabbing your boss infront of the entire roster, an arena full of people and millions around the world warrants a firing (or a suspension that lasts longer than deadly behavior like a DUI). Please, tell me. If you honestly think Titus was about to deck Vince McMahon infront of everyone, you've officially lost it. You can clearly see Vince laughing and smiling, especially the close-up fancam version that's been on the internet for a few days now. This subject has been beaten to death already, but to justify Vince's irrational behavior after the fact because it's "unprofessional" is crazy. Keep him off TV for a week or two, don't let him work house shows. Dock the man's pay. But the punishment he got didn't fit the crime, especially when people like Jack Swagger get off with a few weeks suspension for an action that could have killed someone.

• Like 5

I think the Titus opinion shouldn't be anger about Vince but asking why Titus was doing whatever it was he was doing. It was unprofessional.

It was like if you cornered your boss for some reason at a co-workers retirement party.

Gregg--I have no issue with you.  I think most of your opinions are worthwhile and come from a good place.

You are way offbase with this.

Please tell me why WWE only suspends a wrestler for 2 or 3 weeks when they engage in a dangerous behavior like drinking and driving, but grabbing your boss infront of the entire roster, an arena full of people and millions around the world warrants a firing (or a suspension that lasts longer than deadly behavior like a DUI). Please, tell me. If you honestly think Titus was about to deck Vince McMahon infront of everyone, you've officially lost it. You can clearly see Vince laughing and smiling, especially the close-up fancam version that's been on the internet for a few days now. This subject has been beaten to death already, but to justify Vince's irrational behavior after the fact because it's "unprofessional" is crazy. Keep him off TV for a week or two, don't let him work house shows. Dock the man's pay. But the punishment he got didn't fit the crime, especially when people like Jack Swagger get off with a few weeks suspension for an action that could have killed someone.

Vince is like 1000 years old.  Pulling his arm hard enough might make it come off and crumble to dust

• Like 1

The sad thing is that there is virtually nothing Cena can do to "save" or even marginally improve WM this year. The tickets are already sold, and there isn't any type of dream match for him to do either, unless you think Cena/Taker 5 years after it should've happened with no streak is still a dream match. Coming back early would be bad for so many reasons.

It's still crazy that this is a match that's within the realm of the possible now, but Cena vs. Styles?