DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Rick Steiner's kid (and thus Scott's nephew) won the Georgia State Wrestling Title

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/son-of-former-pro-wrestling-star-rick-steiner-wins-georgia-state-title

And side note - if you live in Atlanta, I expect you to buy your house from Rick

I'm more interested in the idea of Rick Steiner on a school board.

And disappointed that it isn't Scott doing that.

Someone posted the Rick Steiner in the school board photo on the board (I am assuming it was the Photo thread but who knows)

Actually, I think I posted it in the GIF thread to be honest.

But here it is again in case anyone missed it

BOE2016.jpg

http://www.cherokee.k12.ga.us/board/BOA%20Documents/Meet_The_Board.aspx

Can you imagine running against Rick Steiner for the school board and losing? "C'mon people, he barked in the ring!  For the last 2-3 years of his career he just repeatedly said "If you want some come get some, if you don't like me, bite me" as if he didn't know any other English words!  He once got into an argument with Chucky from 'Child's Play'! How am I losing to this guy?!"

I wonder if they give her the title this Sunday as a little farewell gift, then have her drop it back either at WM or before it.  Then again, if she's retiring, as the article says, because she's worried about the impact on her long-term health, WWE likely won't want to put a spotlight on that aspect, so maybe she doesn't.

This man needs a huge push when he gets back. He's already super over with the foreign crowds, why twiddle your thumbs when it comes to making him a big deal in your home base? Cesaro just reeks of super mega star, come on WWE.

• Like 1

This man needs a huge push when he gets back. He's already super over with the foreign crowds, why twiddle your thumbs when it comes to making him a big deal in your home base? Cesaro just reeks of super mega star, come on WWE.

Cesaro's deserved better in WWE for a while. Terrific in the ring, has a great look and can speak different languages. Glad I got to see Cesaro at both wrestling events I went to last year. I've a signed Cesaro shirt from the last one : ).

• Like 2

It's still crazy that this is a match that's within the realm of the possible now, but Cena vs. Styles?

I'd like to see this match, but I don't think it's worth Cena rushing back from injury. Styles will be around past Mania, and AJ vs. Cena could be a featured match on any ppv. Plus AJ vs. anyone besides Jericho or Miz is a fresh, worthwhile matchup at this point. I'm kinda hoping for Styles/Owens myself.

So Titus O'Neil put on Instagram that he would be returning to the Florida Gators "very soon"

So of course everyone is immediately reading into that that he is done with the WWE

• Like 1

Rick Steiner moving up in the political world would be amazing. Say first Mayor of his city and then into Congress. Who knows someday we could get Scott Steiner Press Secretary out of this.

So I guess Titus won't be winning the First Annual Vincent J. McMahon Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence award.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if Mike Johnson considers Wade Barrett not signing a new contract "interesting" news. Meltzer already reported on a current WWE star wanting to get into MMA when his contract is up, so once again, if that's the news, PWInsider is behind the times.

So Titus O'Neil put on Instagram that he would be returning to the Florida Gators "very soon"

So of course everyone is immediately reading into that that he is done with the WWE

He may not be done with WWE, but Wade Barrett is.

Barrett is going to make himself a nice living going the Drew Galloway route (minus signing with TNA of course)