DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION... Last Try

RIPPA

By Mike Johnson on 2016-01-29 14:07:22

Yet another top WWE talent is dealing with an injury, PWInsider.com has learned.

The injury bug has bit former WWE champion Alberto Del Rio, who is dealing with an issue with his lower back, sources tell PWInsider.com.

Del Rio wrestled at the 2016 Royal Rumble, losing the U.S. championship to Kalisto in a singles bout before performing in the Rumble match. During the Rumble, ADR was involved in the League of Nations' beat-down of Roman Reigns before officially entering the match at #26.

Del Rio did not wrestle on this week's Raw taping, instead appearing in the corner of Sheamus and Rusev during the main event. He did not appear on Smackdown and PWInsider.com is told he was not backstage at the Smackdown taping this past Tuesday. It should be interesting to see whether he works this weekend's live events. He is one of the top talents advertised for the Chattanooga, TN and Tupelo, MS dates.

Del Rio, 38, returned to WWE in October 2015 as a surprise to win the WWE United States championship from John Cena at the Hell in A Cell PPV.

Poor poor cursed League of Nations

Yet another top WWE talent is dealing with an injury, PWInsider.com has learned.

The injury bug has bit former WWE champion Alberto Del Rio, who is dealing with an issue with his lower back, sources tell PWInsider.com.

Del Rio wrestled at the 2016 Royal Rumble, losing the U.S. championship to Kalisto in a singles bout before performing in the Rumble match. During the Rumble, ADR was involved in the League of Nations' beat-down of Roman Reigns before officially entering the match at #26.

Del Rio did not wrestle on this week's Raw taping, instead appearing in the corner of Sheamus and Rusev during the main event. He did not appear on Smackdown and PWInsider.com is told he was not backstage at the Smackdown taping this past Tuesday. It should be interesting to see whether he works this weekend's live events. He is one of the top talents advertised for the Chattanooga, TN and Tupelo, MS dates.

Del Rio, 38, returned to WWE in October 2015 as a surprise to win the WWE United States championship from John Cena at the Hell in A Cell PPV.

Poor poor cursed League of Nations WWE roster in general.

There, that's better.

I think Disco only works for that answer if you put a lot of weight on maintaining a silly gimmick. As far as guys who could go in the ring, make anyone look better, and/or were more over, there's Malenko, Regal, and Christian just off the top of my head. They're so far ahead of Disco in those categories, I don't think Disco's ability to work with bad gimmicks keeps him in the discussion.

Does Arn count as a midcarder?

Arn is even better as a midcarder. Could do all those things and it meant much more to beat him than it ever did to beat Disco (and I really do like Disco quite a bit). 

• Like 1

I think Disco only works for that answer if you put a lot of weight on maintaining a silly gimmick. As far as guys who could go in the ring, make anyone look better, and/or were more over, there's Malenko, Regal, and Christian just off the top of my head. They're so far ahead of Disco in those categories, I don't think Disco's ability to work with bad gimmicks keeps him in the discussion.

Does Arn count as a midcarder?

I actually wanna say yes, although his association with Flair did get him near a lot of main event angles, especially during Wargames season.

Poor poor cursed League of Nations

Man, at this rate, they're getting to be more snakebit that the Nexus.

Random thought: One of my favorite things about pro wrestling is a kid urgently yelling "Behind you!" at a face as the heel comes up for a sneak attack.

Random thought: One of my favorite things about pro wrestling is a kid urgently yelling "Behind you!" at a face as the heel comes up for a sneak attack.

When they were on the UK tour last year, some kid kept saying "That's what you get for messing with Dolph Ziggler!" to Tyler Breeze.  The microphone picked it up loud and clear.  It was hilarious.

My all time favorite thing ever said by a kid was when a friend of mine and I took his nephews to a WWE house show in 2013. We were right on the aisle where The Shield came down from, and they had this exchange: "They were so close I could smell them!" "I TOUCHED ROMAN. I TOUCHED...ROMAN." It melted my cold dead heart a little.

• Like 1

There's a Network Special on March 12th called "Road to Wrestlemania: Toronto" and it appears Brock Lesnar vs. Luke Harper has been booked.

I can't wait to see these two throw bombs at each other. Looking credible against Brock could help build Harper as a main event guy; if WWE had any intention of building anyone other than one person.

Oh Harper is totally gonna beat the shit out of Brock. Did you see the Sheamus house show match? Brock will have it no other way; it's gonna be suplexes and stiffness galore.

Yeah going light on Brock would warrant a worse receipt that being stiff. Brock isn't selling a strike unless it draws blood.

I'm happy for you, Disco, and I'm a let ya finish, but Tito was the greatest midcarder of all time.

And by the way, it's not even fucking CLOSE.

Tito?

tito-jackson-net-worth2.jpg

Personally I think Jermaine was way overrated, though Jackie and Marlon never get any love.

Tito was Arn Anderson to Michael's Rey Mysterio Jr.

James

• Like 2

Jermaine was so totally the Matt Hardy of the Jackson 5. Good run, but completely overinflated sense of self worth, dropped the ball every time it was handed to him and will forever be in his brother's shadow.

Although Matt may be even sweatier.

• Like 2