DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Also - someone put on the Takeover wiki page that the name of it will be "Revenge"

But their "source" for that makes no mention of the word revenge so who knows

Well also (per Meltzer) the plan was always to have Bayley go on another redemption run and be the one to get the title off of Asuka and hand her her first loss

That would fit a "revenge" motif (though that angle would be better served for Summerslam again)

And per Tim - Takeover sold out in less than a minute

Of course - I am assuming that yet again, a lot of those ended up in the hands of scalpers

I don't get why they would have Bayley beat Asuka unless she isn't getting called up until next year. That would be a way to really make someone down the road by being the first to beat Asuka. Bayley doesn't need the win, and if she was going to beat Asuka it should've been the first match with Asuka playing nice because Bayley didn't disrespect her like other opponents before they got murdered. Then have Asuka be way more aggressive after her first loss.

I like the Revenge name because there's two title rematches coming, but I really hope we get a Joe/Nakamura match instead of another Joe/Balor match.

I think Alpha and the Revival have a better match in them than the really good one they had in Dallas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well also (per Meltzer) the plan was always to have Bayley go on another redemption run and be the one to get the title off of Asuka and hand her her first loss

That would fit a "revenge" motif (though that angle would be better served for Summerslam again)

I thought about it being Bayley, but at this point I feel like Redemption works better for her than Revenge.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Has there ever been a 2x NXT title holder? Putting the title back on Bayley in June would be counterproductive as she's as ready as she'll ever be and clearly over with the main audience without even stepping foot in a WWE event. Hotshotting the title to Bayley for a month before she gets called up goes against the grain.

12 hours ago, nofuture said:

I wouldn't see why they'd have Asuka drop the title before the Japan tour either. 

Asuka drops the title, goes to the main roster, kills Charlotte, and defends the WWE Women's Title in Japan.

If the next Takeover is Revenge and is about Bayley's revenge, I'd like to have Asuka get one more successful clean win over Bayley during the tapings, which then forces Bayley to do something she dreads doing to get back her title. Have Bayley join forces with Nia Jax and Eva Marie. Heel Bayley, obsessed with being the first 2x champion in NXT, could be lots of fun

1 hour ago, Brysynner said:

Have Bayley join forces with Nia Jax and Eva Marie. Heel Bayley, obsessed with being the first 2x champion in NXT, could be lots of fun

NOOOOOOOO

God no, no, no, no. Some people should never turn heel. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Both people booking Bayley to be a heel is going to be like people booking Cena to be a heel

Never gonna happen

Sadly I agree, but I think her turning heel would be better for her unless she's making main roster bucks in NXT. Then you could have Emma/Charlotte/Bayley on the heel side and Becky/Sasha/Nattie on the face side

24 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Izzy would be in therapy for years

That would make for an interesting episode of Breaking Ground. How one woman's turn to the dark side sent a child to therapy.

I hope that Izzy has friends that are supportive of her interest in the biz. Seriously, a young fan who is the occasional subject of internet conversation needs allies that are all, "Been there, done that, got free t-shirts." Friends like Angry Miz Girl and HHH & Steph's kids.

Jesus fuck the last thing Izzy needs is to hang around the Levesque/McMahon kids. Granted Trips, Steph, and Shane all seem demonstrably less fucked-in-the-head than Vince is and you can hope their kids reflect that, but that's still an awfully low bar.

• Like 2

On 16/04/2016 at 0:04 AM, Godfrey said:

They should get this lady to play Nak's theme when he headlines Wrestlemania.

On 17/04/2016 at 2:22 AM, Rev Ray said:

They've got a version of his NJPW theme too.

Brilliant. Two quality themes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

NOOOOOOOO

God no, no, no, no. Some people should never turn heel. 

This. x 47 or so.  

If Ricky Steamboat came along 30 years later, people would be booking him to set John Cena on fire and join the Wyatts.  Ugh.

• Like 1