DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Legendary Football manager Bobby Robson legit had that problem. When he was England manager he once greeted (then-England & Man United captain) Bryan Robson by saying "Hello Bobby". The response was "I'm Bryan, you're Bobby."

He used to call Shola Ameobi 'Carl Cort' as well. Carl Cort having played for Newcastle a few years earlier.

"Ameobi, like."

"Shut up, Dave."

• Like 2

They dug themselves into a deeper hole this year with AT&T Stadium. 

The issue there is that they sort of need this to be a rebuilding Mania and they can't afford for it to be.

I thought about this and I think WWE can still do it. THE RIGHT PEOPLE just need to go over. Rollins, Cesaro, Sting, and Orton will be out, so we cannot fantasy book them into anything. Batista is most likely not going to be there and its a toss up if The Rock can even perform. Angle will be free, but I HIGHLY doubt WWE brings him in even if its for one match. Jericho and/or RVD making an apperance is a possibly.

Cena/Taker and Brock/Reigns II are likely to happen and I wouldn't have an issue with either. I would like to see WM32 be the last hoorah for a lot of acts and so I would book it accordingly (with the eye to the future):

Dudley Boys vs. Harlem Heat

Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho

IC Title: Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

Tag Team TLC II: Usos vs. Dragons vs. New Day

Divas Title: Sasha vs. Charlotte vs. Paige vs. Becky

US Title: Neville vs. Alberto Del Rio

Tyler Breeze vs. RVD

I think people might be overestimating the impact individual matches have on Wrestlemania ticket sales. Look at last year's card. Brock/Roman wasn't generating that much interest, Sting/HHH wasn't any better, Rock and Rousey weren't advertised, and I doubt Bray/Taker sold a single ticket.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like the big draw for Mania is Mania.

What might be a problem is if the product we get stays so shitty that people just start tuning out completely.

Yeah the draw is definitely the name and thats part of the problem. Maina is going to do a 50-60% sellout before even ONE MATCH is announced. Thats good for the company, but it also sends the message that the 50/50 booking is fine, making faces look like chumps is fine, etc. Because DESPITE all of that....WM sold 50-60K seats within a week.

Its the first time in ages that I've got to see shows (Raw & Smackdown) in full, i usually just watch the PPVs,NXT specials and the TOP 10s on YouTube. And a lot of things bother me;

Why is King still commentating?

Why do they play a talents music before a run in?

Why does every promo/segment have to be so perfectly laid out and clear cut? Stuff works better when its rough and on the fly.

The piped in crowd noise for SD is just awful.

Ambrose needs new offence.

Charlotte is easily the most overrated talent on the roster. And that fucking strut!!!

There's no spontaneity anymore.

EDIT: Bray Wyatt has no credibility anymore. I find him annoying to watch anyway but he's lost every major feud he's been in. And the "fireflies Maggle" entrance is awful

Yes. WWE was right to shut down the Mad Braddox gimmick, because the "Brad Maddox" IP is the path to all the gold and pussy.

It's all about setting precedent. Don't shut this down next thing you know you got Rack Zyder and Zolph Diggler running around the Indie scene.

• Like 2

Stumbled upon this on youtube. Had to share.

Dope capes. Dope sunglasses. Dope fro.

I have no idea how this connects to the professional wrestlings.

"That is why you fail."

It's Stan the man Hansen's theme song for All Japan but with lyrics.

mind the quality

• Like 3

Yes. WWE was right to shut down the Mad Braddox gimmick, because the "Brad Maddox" IP is the path to all the gold and pussy.

It's all about setting precedent. Don't shut this down next thing you know you got Rack Zyder and Zolph Diggler running around the Indie scene.

Exactly, I'd hate to have Doc Gallows and Lance Archer running around Japan.

I'm starting to think I'm higher then Bray Wyatt then anyone else on this board. Or anywhere, maybe. I still think that guy screams Wrestlemania Main Eventer, the company just has to stop being dumb to make it happen.

I think he's been miscast as a heel. Turn him face, drop the supernatural mumbo-jumbo, and let him be a hillbilly shitkicker who cuts Dusty Rhodes/Southern preacher style promos. I bet he could pull it off.

I'm starting to think I'm higher then Bray Wyatt then anyone else on this board. Or anywhere, maybe. I still think that guy screams Wrestlemania Main Eventer, the company just has to stop being dumb to make it happen.

I think he's been miscast as a heel. Turn him face, drop the supernatural mumbo-jumbo, and let him be a hillbilly shitkicker who cuts Dusty Rhodes/Southern preacher style promos. I bet he could pull it off.

Before anyone laughs at this, it's exactly what they did with The Undertaker - his original heel run was barely a year before he was popular enough to be turned babyface.  You don't have to change a thing about Bray, just change his targets.

Watching that Hansen video (which I will never get enough of), I will forever believe the WWE missed the boat on Ryback and the Meathook being the American version of the Lariat. Instead of setting up for it, he just clubs people with it like Hansen. Probably less chance he kills someone with a Meathook than the shellshock. Though to his credit he vastly improved doing that.

They missed that chance though. I could see JBL screaming MEATHOOK OUTTA NOWHERE MAGGLE!!!