DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I'm not sure Ryan failing in TNA is entirely down to the promotion actually. He didn't do himself any favours with how he carried himself, and the crowd turned on him pretty much organically. They wanted him over as the big babyface going into the "Beat Al Snoe and you get a contact" match, but by the time it happened the people wanted him to lose.

So that Joey Ryan video has gone viral and is actually trending on Facebook.  Certain folks (including Jimmy Korderas) are of the opinion that anyone who likes that video shouldn't criticize WWE, though what a comedy spot in a Japanese indy match has to do with WWE's current woes is anybody's guess.

They showed it on Highly Questionable on ESPN yesterday and everyone was laughing their asses off. High point for Joey Ryan. Low point probably for the other guy. I see Joey Ryan and think TNA had this guy and they had no idea what to do with him just like so many others they had.

You don't know much about Danshoku Dino, do you?

• Like 3

Low point was their comment on the show.

The way the question was phrased was "Was this a new high or a new low for Joey Ryan's career?"... they'd previously showed a clip of Joey getting slammed on some legos in PWG a few weeks back.

I'm not sure Ryan failing in TNA is entirely down to the promotion actually. He didn't do himself any favours with how he carried himself, and the crowd turned on him pretty much organically. They wanted him over as the big babyface going into the "Beat Al Snoe and you get a contact" match, but by the time it happened the people wanted him to lose.

I haven't seen a great deal of Ryan but his character seems pretty heelish to me.

The only problem with that theory is that happening for 18 year olds today means the kid would have to admit that his mother was willing to sleep with "The Blue Chipper" Rocky Maivia.

Is that better or worse than sleeping with Flex Kavana?

Also, it's going to suck for Joey when guys start using penis moves mid-match and the crowd stops buying them as finishers.

• Like 1

Honestly, why should I give a fuck what they'll do for Mania?  That's their fucking problem, let them figure it out for themselves.

So you can set your expectations really high and be even more disappointed once the card is actually announced?

• Like 1

Maybe WWE should put this much effort into improving their main shows instead of taking legal action against a former employee. Yes, the Brad Maddox name is their property, but have they honestly gotten anything out of that name?

• Like 1

Maybe WWE should put this much effort into improving their main shows instead of taking legal action against a former employee.

"Ok, good job pulling together, team. I think we've got the framework for a great plan here. We just need to-"

"Mr. McMahon, apparently a talent we let go is using a name very similar to the one he used here."

"WHAT? Alright screw it, have a tournament, Roman wins, Sheamus cashes in, the heels all make some stable. The Foreign Legion. Whatever. I don't give a fuck. THERE'S BIGGER FISH TO FRY, AND YOU WILL BURN, MAD BRADDOX!"

• Like 5

Maybe WWE should put this much effort into improving their main shows instead of taking legal action against a former employee.

"Ok, good job pulling together, team. I think we've got the framework for a great plan here. We just need to-"

"Mr. McMahon, apparently a talent we let go is using a name very similar to the one he used here."

"WHAT? Alright screw it, have a tournament, Roman wins, Sheamus cashes in, the heels all make some stable. The Foreign Legion. Whatever. I don't give a fuck. THERE'S BIGGER FISH TO FRY, AND YOU WILL BURN, MAD BRADDOX!"

Out of likes again. This is hilarious, but would Vince remember his name? I like to think that Vince doesn't even bother remembering everyone's name, so he just calls them or refers to them by names of wrestlers he does remember.

Tyler Reks just has a shoebox full of Christmas and birthday cards where he's referred to as Man Mountain Rock, Chris Masters, Adam Bomb, Test, etc.

• Like 1

Legendary Football manager Bobby Robson legit had that problem. When he was England manager he once greeted (then-England & Man United captain) Bryan Robson by saying "Hello Bobby". The response was "I'm Bryan, you're Bobby."

He used to call Shola Ameobi 'Carl Cort' as well. Carl Cort having played for Newcastle a few years earlier. 

• Like 1