DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

This might seem a weird question, but is anyone excited for the Royal Rumble specifically to see if they'll once again book it in a way that the crowd vocally hates? I'm hoping that they figured out that all the super-smark types show up to RR in droves as it's the first PPV on the Road to WrestleMania, and instead of trying to please them, they just go full on troll. Bryan returns as #1 in the Rumble, tossed out by #2 The Miz in thirty seconds. Cena tosses all of New Day, Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Owens, Cesaro, and Sami Zayn in his RR debut. Reigns throws out Lesnar to win it. 

This might seem a weird question, but is anyone excited for the Royal Rumble specifically to see if they'll once again book it in a way that the crowd vocally hates? I'm hoping that they figured out that all the super-smark types show up to RR in droves as it's the first PPV on the Road to WrestleMania, and instead of trying to please them, they just go full on troll. Bryan returns as #1 in the Rumble, tossed out by #2 The Miz in thirty seconds. Cena tosses all of New Day, Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Owens, Cesaro, and Sami Zayn in his RR debut. Reigns throws out Lesnar to win it. 

That would be some epic trolling.

I saw this on NODQ earlier. Is this for real? I guess it explains why Coach asked Seth if the WWE should have a minimum age for superstars like the NBA/NFL have. Seth said there's no reason a 16-17 year old couldn't be one. This though would be way younger.

WWE is planning to add another wrestling show to it's current lineup. At this time it's unknown if it will broadcast on television or be a show featured on the WWE Network.

A pilot for a WWE NXT Show that is aimed towards kids is being shot in conjunction with the TV tapings at Full Sail University. The concept of the show is children from ages 7 to 14, as the talent. The company is searching for both girls and boys and multiple ethnicities for the show. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that this may be a vehicle for Izzy and even if it doesn’t end up being that way, that it was inspired by her.

So am I reading this right and it would be a wrestling show with kids?

I reaaaaaally don't think we're gonna be seeing WWE Ice Ribbon any time soon.

I'm excited for the Rumble just to see what they do. Two years in a row with rejected winners is pretty bad. Do they kowtow to the fans or force another "can't miss" through? Guys, it's gonna be great.

Who would you even have win it right now? Try again with Reigns? Is there any belief in Owens' potential as a top guy? In Rusev? Give up completely and have Cena try for #16 at Mania?

Oh man, could you imagine a wrestling version of a stage mom?

Cinch it harder, Joey!  I said CINCH IT IN SNUG!  Choke him out!  Finish him! Make that punk regret he was born.  Kick him in the nuts! Rake his eyes!  WTF?  WHAT ARE YOU DOING, NO!

*Joey loses clean to a 65-pound kid with major allergies*

WHY DO I EVEN FUCKING BOTHER WITH YOU!  All the money I've spent on private trainers, ring gear, your growth hormones.  And THAT'S what I get for my trouble?  Ugh, why do I care when you clearly don't by losing to that bedwetter!  He pisses his Iron Man cosplay pajamas every night, and you can't beat him!  Ugh.

Mom, may I have a juice box?

Juice boxes are for blue-chippers, Joey.  And that's not YOU, now is it?

• Like 8

I saw this on NODQ earlier. Is this for real? I guess it explains why Coach asked Seth if the WWE should have a minimum age for superstars like the NBA/NFL have. Seth said there's no reason a 16-17 year old couldn't be one. This though would be way younger.

WWE is planning to add another wrestling show to it's current lineup. At this time it's unknown if it will broadcast on television or be a show featured on the WWE Network.

A pilot for a WWE NXT Show that is aimed towards kids is being shot in conjunction with the TV tapings at Full Sail University. The concept of the show is children from ages 7 to 14, as the talent. The company is searching for both girls and boys and multiple ethnicities for the show. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that this may be a vehicle for Izzy and even if it doesn’t end up being that way, that it was inspired by her.

So am I reading this right and it would be a wrestling show with kids?

I reaaaaaally don't think we're gonna be seeing WWE Ice Ribbon any time soon.

I'm excited for the Rumble just to see what they do. Two years in a row with rejected winners is pretty bad. Do they kowtow to the fans or force another "can't miss" through? Guys, it's gonna be great.

Who would you even have win it right now? Try again with Reigns? Is there any belief in Owens' potential as a top guy? In Rusev? Give up completely and have Cena try for #16 at Mania?

Well, if Rusev and Owens hadn't been fed to Cena; if Cesaro hadn't been buried; if Ambrose hadn't been buried, maybe WWE would have some viable options for the Royal Rumble winner.

Who should win the Rumble.... well, see how Cena's going on hiatus next month? If they do an injury angle and keep him off until January, he could be the obvious surprise entrant and winner. But really, they don't have anyone not established who could get themselves over enough in time, and they don't really have anyone who is established where them winning the rumble wouldn't feel like a step backwards.

Except Daniel Bryan.Who won't be entered, obviously. So... bring someone back? Rey? Del Rio? Angle?

But if I'm a betting man, I'd bet on the 2016 Rumble winner being someone who is not on WWE tv right now (but possibly is on WWE network, one way or another).

Sheamus cashes in the MitB.

Orton wins the Rumble.

Situation normal.

Also, they should start a month or two in advance hyping "a superstar returning from injury" will be entering the Rumble, drop hints that it'll be Bryan, and then bring in Alex Riley instead.

She's the most over baby face in the company so...sure.

Well in the impact zone.

Yet despite being in the impact zone as you call it she still gets a better reaction than almost anyone in a 10,000 seat arena.

How many times has she wrestled outside of the Impact Zone, much less 10,000 people? She is big with the NXT bronies, but her fan base will be the same size after a few months on the main roster.

I say this with no malice toward Baley. But we know how this movie ends.

It could just be me, but I'm pretty sure she got the same mega reaction in front of 13k in Brooklyn as she gets in front of the Full Sail crowd. 

She won't get over on the main roster, but it won't be because she has limited appeal. It's because Vince McMahon hates money. 

• Like 1