DVDVR Message Board

Raw 6-29-15

MGFanJay

The stretch from Paige/Fox through the 8 man Tag was fucking awesome

Too bad RAW had another 2 hours to fill

I started playing Destiny again after the 8 man.

BTW - I am assuming that Cadillac had some sort of deal with the WWE that they didn't want their car getting damaged.

Kinda like in the various racing video games where folks will only agree to license their trademark if they are promised their cars won't take realistic damage.

And the car model was Nise Noelle Foley

I still can't decide how I feel about MOVEZ! Cena. It's cute and all, but everything he does is so sloppy. That swinging facebuster thing was awful last night, the Code Red looks like someone's drunk aunt doing handstands at a pool party, and I don't think he's actually landed the stunner well yet.

On the other hand, that kind of makes the story better. He's a middle aged guy on the downswing of his career fighting a bunch of indie darlings, so he's just throwing a bunch of shit out there to try to keep up. Like I said, I can't decide how to feel.

Also, the funniest thing about the Cesaro hand gesture is he's not even throwing up his middle fingers - he's doing it with his ring fingers. "Come on Vince, it wasn't even really THE finger, it was just A finger!"

• Like 1

Cena kicking out of everyone's finishers = INDIE WRESTLING~! or something.

(Haven't seen the match yet, heard it was really good and Cesaro won by DQ.)

Personally I've never had a problem with finisher kick-outs. I just see it as WWE's take on Strong Style and Fighting Spirit and whatnot...

• Like 1

The Apple Watch commercial should just be a pulsating image of the watch, with Seth screaming "brand new APPLE WAAAATTTTTCCCHHESSSS" over and over.

I also now wish we could have had Monster Kane in Hawaii skits

Considering Kane is working the Japan tour and Hawaii makes for a convenient stopover, I could totally see them shooting a vignette or two along the way.

• Like 2

Cena kicking out of everyone's finishers = INDIE WRESTLING~! or something.

(Haven't seen the match yet, heard it was really good and Cesaro won by DQ.)

Personally I've never had a problem with finisher kick-outs. I just see it as WWE's take on Strong Style and Fighting Spirit and whatnot...

Yeah, but...JUST Cena?

(Yes, I accept that the matches have been really good and he's been doing stuff different than the Five Movez Of Doom formula, but he's survived a ton of otherwise well-protected finishers in the past few months.)

Man, there has been a major breakdown in communication lately between the agents laying out the matches and Vince/the announce team. First, there was the Sheamus jammed the Elimination Chamber door until he was ready to come in storyline that got completely missed on announcing, and now last might Jack Swagger and Wade Barrett re-enacted the barricade spot where Barrett suffered his last injury and that got missed completely by the announcers too. I know it was a nothing "10:40" death slot match, but I still feel like until recently someone would have made a huge deal about it on commentary - or at least it would be the type of detail someone like Jim Ross would have remembered and called on the fly.

I love this: "John Cena does the same moves all the time, he sucks!" to "John Cena is having competitive matches all the time and I don't like his new moves, he sucks"

What was that, uh, Reverse F5 he busted out?