DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Just put Harper with Cesaro and everyone's happy.

(...except Tyson Kidd and Rowan)

Or, shit, just have them feud.

Note: I didn't realize how much I wanted that to happen until I just wrote it.

Do both, by remaking the famed Scott Norton/Ice Train angle.

Dolph in PWG would be awesome. So would Dolph in Lucha Va Voom. If I was Dolph, and I'm not I would leave the WWE, set up shop in LA work on my stand up and comedy, work indie shows like PWG, Lucha Va Voom and Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, get a job in New Japan as the one gaijin who isnt in Bullet Club, try to get a part time gig in ROH similar to AJ and Young Bucks and watch my stock rise. Then in three years when the WWE calls offering a better deal I'd take it. I think Dolphs best chance at getting a run on top is to leave and have a run on top somewhere else. 

• Like 2

It's one of those things that just happens. There's nothing wrong with Dolph as a worker. Some people just don't like him. Everyone has guys like that. I think Seth Rollins blows goats. To each his own...

• Like 1

I like Dolph and a few years back before they brought up a lot of the current roster he was one of the few bright spots. He still sells really well and can garner sympathy. But I'm waiting for him to take it to the next level. I think criticism of his offense is overblown. That being said, I'm watching Owens and Cena whip out all sorts of cool looking offense. Dolph is an athletic freak and calls himself the "show off." Gimme some movez

Dolph has the potential to be great. He just needs to iron out a few things in his game. Unfortunately, I think those flaws are so entrenched in him now he might be able to.

Edit: I also think he could benefit from a really nasty submission finish. Something he could work a match towards.

Not a lot of Dolph love on this board. I like him sue me.

For what it's worth, I don't think he's terrible by any means.  On the contrary, he's very good.  But something doesn't quite click to where I would consider him a top shelf guy.

His current look probably plays a part in that belief.  What a mess, his hair looks like a mildewed string mop.  And he's approaching Hogan status on the fake bake scale.

Dolph has the potential to be great. He just needs to iron out a few things in his game. Unfortunately, I think those flaws are so entrenched in him now he might be able to.

Edit: I also think he could benefit from a really nasty submission finish. Something he could work a match towards.

Isn't the story that he's the guy on the roster least likely to listen to advice and to what the back wants out of him? They tell him to slow down and make things mean something and he just dashes out fast as can be. Repeatedly. And that's why he's never had a real persistent top push.

I suspect that if Dolph did leave WWE, the moveset problem could be solved. I mean, the same "his offense sucks" complaints people make about Dolph here also get made about Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Wyatt, Miz, etc... so at some point maybe you figure its not all those guys' fault, its WWE's.

I think as a guy who only knows the WWE style like Dolph should venture out and travel the world and acquire other wrestling styles. I think he should leave the WWE one so he can showcase his talents on the indies and maybe have a stand up career and also cuz I'm anti-corporations and think you should make your money independently without the machine telling you what to do. And on the whole move set lack of offense argument. He can go to Japan and learn some new moves get a striking and submission move set over there. Dolph periodically in CHIKARA would be fun too.