DVDVR Message Board

E3 2015

The Last Freakin' Guardian. Shenmue 3 kickstarter. FFVII remake. Uncharted 4 gameplay. Someone at Microsoft is running around yelling "Game over man!"

Eh. Honestly, today feels like a push to me. Microsoft didn't get the games at the same level, but did reverse compatability and the Oculus Rift deal, AND a special deal in place with "Best Game in Show"

If one of The Last Guardian, FFVII remake, or Shenmue III was announced, I would have flipped. All three announced together seems almost totally unlikely. Is this real life?

• Like 1

Yeah, the actual winners of E3 are, for a change, us gamers.

This is a huge step away from a couple years there with this show basically being a giant tech demo. We got some of that here too but it sounds like it was pretty cool, and it's had a LOT of huge game releases. This year's is a huge win. Everyone should be able to find something to like here.

I hate the whole "who won E3" discussion, because the only thing I can speak to is what spoke to ME personally. And Sony had a fine conference, but Microsoft had more that got me excited. But I got both consoles, so it's all good news for me.

Save your Final Fantasies and your Shenmues! Just give me THIS:

It looks like they tweaked the RNG so that misses aren't as common, and it all looks awesome.

Save your Final Fantasies and your Shenmues! Just give me THIS:

It looks like they tweaked the RNG so that misses aren't as common, and it all looks awesome.

Well, E3 demos are notoriously easier than the final games because it's tough to sell your game if you lose your own demo. So I think you may be still missing plenty of shots in the real game. But yeah, looks amazing.

What I noticed about Sony's conference is there were fewer games for 2015 and more for 2016 and beyond. Not really good, but they are relying on third party support which for the rest of the year is OK.

The only thing disappointing is no confirmation of a U.S. release date for Persona 5. Since Sony has the 'big whales' captured -- they need to revive Agent, fund a Psychonauts 2, get Ubisoft to release Rainbow Six Patriots as a PS4 exclusive, and get Mega Man Legends 3 on PS4. Oh, and they probably could publish Crackdown 3 and Black Tusk/The Coalition's abandoned original IP while we're at it. They are seriously in Microsoft's position from last gen.

Rainbow Six Patriots ain't happening....

People said the same about Yakuza 5 US release, Shenmue 3, FFVII remake and The Last Guardian. It would be completely in Sony's playbook (no pun intended) to do it at this point.

Microsoft throws millions of dollars at the NFL, Sony makes fanboys rush out day 1 to buy a game.

Shenmue is now at $1.1m. I'm a little ticked that none of the stretch goals includes ports of emulations of the first two games.

Sega's got the rights to those, unfortunately.

Rainbow Six Patriots ain't happening....

People said the same about Yakuza 5 US release, Shenmue 3, FFVII remake and The Last Guardian. It would be completely in Sony's playbook (no pun intended) to do it at this point.

Microsoft throws millions of dollars at the NFL, Sony makes fanboys rush out day 1 to buy a game.

But that game didn't just not come out, it morphed into another game that IS coming: Rainbow Six Siege.