DVDVR Message Board

E3 2015

At some point, everyone dropping their pants for "backwards compatible" is gonna realize that its just that they're not gonna charge you for XBMarketplace Classics that you can prove you already own, right?

Now if this get Nintendo to stop gouging for their back cataloge on every damn system, and I can get a Wii game for under $40 again, then awesome.

I really don't get the love for Shenmue. It's a stupid game that was ambitious, but really rough. The campiest dialogue, a story that went...somewhere...QTEs, etc. There have been a bunch of games that have done what Shenmue did, but way better. 

When did you get such hatred in your heart?

• Like 2

Microsoft has a poll for what games you want getting backwards compatibility first

Of course - they will probably ignore it and most people have terrible taste

The Borderlands and Halo games have to be near the top of the pile. 

Someone's probably started a thread already at the Bioware website to urge voting for ME 1-3.

When I went to vote - Red Dead Redemption was #1 and Skyrim was either #2 or #3

ME3 was in the Top 10 and I think ME2 was in the Top 20

Of course there were games being voted on that are already available via the One (like Tomb Raider or will be like Fallout 3)

At some point, everyone dropping their pants for "backwards compatible" is gonna realize that its just that they're not gonna charge you for XBMarketplace Classics that you can prove you already own, right?

But the fact that I can play my pile of shame still after my 360 kicks the bucket is what is appealing to me

• Like 4

But the fact that I can play my pile of shame still after my 360 kicks the bucket is what is appealing to me

My Steam backlog is at the point where realistically I am never going to finish it on this actual computer. Maybe the next one if I stopped now. But probably not.

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly.

That's if they release everything in your pile of shame onto the Marketplace. I would imagine stuff that already got "Difinitive Editions" aren't getting "Backwards Compatible" 

Someone (Fresh possibly) mentioned this but the thing I definitely want is for stuff that was only on the 360 Marketplace to be available on the One

(To be fair - it already could be - I haven't explored yet)

So, I should be happy we get a new StarFox, and not mention that it looks like they just remade the N64 version, right?

Well you are never happy so yes :-P

Man, I love StarFox and am willing to be open to mecha levels, but it looked rough. Still, eff it, don't care, it's StarFox (mostly) in the Arwing.

Please announce a price drop for the WiiU at the end of this so I can justify getting one for some StarFox, Nintendo. 

Someone (Fresh possibly) mentioned this but the thing I definitely want is for stuff that was only on the 360 Marketplace to be available on the One

(To be fair - it already could be - I haven't explored yet)

Yeah, it was me.

And no, they aren't available yet. But they will be (as long as the publishers approve it).

So, I should be happy we get a new StarFox, and not mention that it looks like they just remade the N64 version, right?

If people get to be happy about them remaking the Final fantasy game that comes after the good Final Fantasy game, then we should definitely be happy about remaking Star Fox 64.

If people get to be happy about them remaking the Final fantasy game that comes after the good Final Fantasy game, then we should definitely be happy about remaking Star Fox 64.

But FF at least got a graphics overhaul, Starfox looks like its still on N64.

• Like 1