DVDVR Message Board

E3 2015

The problem with Just Cause to me is you are jumping into a war with GTA, Far Cry, and Saints Row. I don't think you can win that war. It's a genre that is over done.

That may have been somewhat true at the beginning but none of the current incarnations of those titles are anything alike other than they are all open world games.

If any of those titles are similar, they are Saints Row and Just Cause since both reward over the top gameplay.  Saints Row wants you to be a master criminal turned super anti-hero while Just Cause wants you to be James Bond as played by Antonio Banderas that travels across the country by windsurfing from any vehicle.

The problem with Just Cause to me is you are jumping into a war with GTA, Far Cry, and Saints Row. I don't think you can win that war. It's a genre that is over done.

That may have been somewhat true at the beginning but none of the current incarnations of those titles are anything alike other than they are all open world games.

There open world games were you shoot a ton of people, use a bunch of different vehicles, and generally just wreck shit up. They are still very very alike, and pretending they aren't is silly.

Maybe not send up the guy who clearly doesn't want to have his face shown

Jesus Christ dude, that's not a nice thing to say about someone in his condition. Just because his face looks ALITTLE different than yours and mine doesn't mean he should hide!

There open world games were you shoot a ton of people, use a bunch of different vehicles, and generally just wreck shit up. They are still very very alike, and pretending they aren't is silly.

Since when have you killed someone in GTA5 via a giving someone a verticle suplex in the street?  Ignoring their differences is silly.

Just Cause 1 is honestly not that good. It gives you a giant world but you basically do the same 5 things 8000 times in that world, and it has a couple of strange bug and/or design issues.

Apparently Just Cause 2 is a much better game, I haven't played it though.

Since when have you killed someone in GTA5 via a giving someone a verticle suplex in the street?  Ignoring their differences is silly.

As cool as that is, it's also completely minor aspect to the style of game. Of course the games are different. They are not different enough for them not to be in the same ballpark as the others, and it's why they are always compared. And if any of those games IS different, it's Far Cry that's closer to do doing there own thing then Just Cause.