DVDVR Message Board

E3 2015

E3 was pretty damn amazing.  While it was a lot of games for next year and beyond, it does give me something to look forward to.  If anything it proves that my PS4 was a very worthwhile purchase.

Regarding Microsoft I was very much a Xbox 360 guy and had to be reminded to get on PS3.  That all changed when they epically fumbled on the Xbone announcement a couple years back.  Since then I've been very much a PS4 guy.  While Microsoft had some good announcements and is making progress, Sony pretty much had us all kinds of excited.  Dreams, Horizon:  Zero Dawn, FF7 remake, Shenmue 3 and fucking Last Guardian are absolute must-buys for us.  And Uncharted 4 is ridiculously gorgeous, I can't wait to get my hands on that.  Shit, there's even consideration for Assassin's Creed with the industrial revolution vibe.

On the Nintendo front, there wasn't much to it for new announcements.  But the more I saw of Super Mario Maker the more I wanted it.  I'm super excited for this.

They called out Scalebound, Quantum Break, and Crackdown specifically as being shown at Gamescom.

I agree Phantom Dust probably is dead though.

Microsoft seemed to show a lot more for this year, Sony was all about 2016 (and 2017 in some cases, I bet).

Quantum Break is never coming out!  NEVER!

I wonder if that TV portion of Quantum Break is dead. Probably.

Did they even film or cast any of it?  Do they still have all those actors under contract?  I mean they can't wait around forever if other opportunities come along.  

IGN's Game of the Show is Star Wars Battlefront.

I'm assuming Fallout 4 is not eligible for any of these because it wasn't playable on the show floor.

I played Battlefront.  It's no Shadows of the Empire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...