DVDVR Message Board

E3 2015

Not understanding the orgasms over Xbone backwards compatibility. Microsoft did the exact same thing with the 360/Xbox and it sucked and then they gave up on it.

They did? Cause I was playing Knights of the Old Republic on my Xbox just a couple months ago. Still rules.

"Gave up on it" = stopped doing updates

ubisoft was boring, and then they turned the Mexican Drug War into a goddamn ghost recon game. Fuck you if you buy that. Serious.

EDIT: Fuck. Fullscale, I'm done with ubisoft. forever ever. What a bunch of shitty vultures.

I'm confused. How is this more offensive than Call of Duty having you blow shit up in the favelas? Or, any war-torn country fucked over by terrorist groups or occupying military forces?

Video games have a long history of capitalizing and trivializing the horrors of reality. I'm not sure how Mexico's FUBARed state of affairs is a sacred cow. And I'm not saying that to demean the ridiculous amount of violence, corruption, and political unrest going on there.

One, I'm really straining to think of many military games set in the middle of ongoing conflicts. Someone tried to make a Fallujah game but it never made it to market.

Two, I live in San Diego. That shit is effecting people I know and people I see. So I'm not calling for anyone to run and join me in a boycott, I'm just saying I'm not going to give them any more money, because I don't want to pay people who see what's happening and think "this is an okay setting for a video game."

And yeah, there was that Call of Juarez game set in the current Drug War, and fuck that game too. That game is like Mega Horrifying, so at least the ubisoft thing can't possibly be worse, but still fuck them.

I see where you're coming from. If I lived in SoCal, I'd probably feel the same way. I'm always surprised by how little Mexico is in the mainstream media here in Canada (and the US from what I see of their news). I've had to rely on The Guardian to read about just how fucked up it is there right now. I think it's ethically questionable for Ubisoft to capitalize on it but I feel the same way (and am conflicted) about most video games/mass consumed art glorifying violence.

How many military games have been set in the Middle East the past ~15 years?

Yeah, I'm with you on that. Not sure about the world being okay but we can only hope! :)

And play video games so we don't have to worry about that shyit, amiright?! Speaking of which, fuck yeah Stick of Truth sequel! Woo woo!

Yeah, it looked really neat. I popped big time for the A-Wing or whatever its called taking out the walker. And Vader.

Rainbow Six: Siege looks like what BF: Hardline should've been.

I'm a big Tropico 4 fan so I can't say too much about games that take thinly veiled views of bad people.

Also holy shit there is a lot of nasty business in just 20th century central America they sure don't teach in schools. You start doing some reading and that's a deep goddamn rabbit hole.

EA's presser today was boring as hell.  Bethesda was the best one IMHO.  Why the fuck would you bring a dumbass Minions mobile game to E3?

Ubisoft was also kind of boring, but at least they gave us free ice cream, caramel popcorn and lemonade.