DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

In other non-Destination America news, apparently Rusev was injured at the Smackdown taping.

Clearly that too is the fault of feuding with John Cena

Booking-wise, it'd probably be best for Rusev to take some time off anyway. This laughably-acted love triangle isn't going to do anything for him, especially if he ended up jobbing to Ziggler. He's better off coming back in a few weeks with a fresh start, maybe even as a face.

Maybe after Rollins drops the belt, he can reform DIFH with Rusev. Jacobs is writing, after all.

\/\/\/\/

In other non-Destination America news, apparently Rusev was injured at the Smackdown taping.

They should cover it by having him come out and say he is refusing to wrestle because he has a broken heart. Emo-Rusev.

I think DA has found a way to reach a happy medium with having wrestling draw good ratings but not get good money in ad rates. They have to pay paying ROH pennies on the dollar of what they are paying TNA, because they are paying TNA enough (theoretically) to produce the show.

With ROH they are just using the same show that's already airing on Sinclair networks. So ROH probably isn't getting a whole lot of money for this but it is increased exposure, some extra income and no added costs at all.

They should cover it by having him come out and say he is refusing to wrestle because he has a broken heart. Emo-Rusev.

We need Jimmy Jacobs to pen the Ballad of Lana.

• Like 1

Clearly that too is the fault of feuding with John Cena

Incredibly, Daniel Bryan managed to re-reinjure himself in the process despite not even being in the building.

Ok so the odds of this being true are slim to none, but food for thought in regard to the TNA/ROH/DA situation: with Billy Corgan claiming that Meltzer and everyone else were being worked by a sloppy angle, is it possible the whole cancellation is a work and this is leading to an interpromotional feud?? I mean, whoever planted the Dixie email story is a genius, cause who WOULDNT buy that after the whole Russo/Spike/Mike Johnson email debacle??

If I was going to fantasy book, I would take the Impact and ROH titles and throw in a NJPW belt and a CMLL belt and make a Triple/Quad Crown. Hell throw in a few NWA belts and make a Super Crown. I mean come on, Adam Cole coming out with eight belts? Buys.

Random speculation on the DA/TNA situation:

DA told TNA they were bringing ROH to the network, TNA tried to fight it even though they didn't bother to negotiate exclusivity, DA pushed back and let TNA know the door is that way if there is a problem. 

Some minor updates from Meltzer & Alvarez:

• Right now, it's uncertain where Samoa Joe stands. ROH is checking with WWE to see if they're allowed to use him on TV tapings. They have a plan with him involved, and one without.
  • This makes ROH the undisputed #2 company in the US, as they're already getting comparable numbers of viewers to TNA on their syndicated show.
  • Alvarez seems to be the first person to know about this, as somebody from ROH texted him before the announcement.
  • ROH recently got a new lighting rig, so their production values should be on par with TNA.