DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R1: DAVE MASTIFF vs. THE BIG SHOW

DAVE MASTIFF vs. THE BIG SHOW  

94 members have voted

1. 1. DO NOT FUCK THIS UP

Y'all pissed me off yesterday. Please don't do it again.

No one - NO ONE - had a better "year" than Dave Mastiff.

If you clearly only voted based on people you have heard of then fine...

I've heard about Mastiff, but haven't seen his matches (yet)  But no way am I voting for Big Show.  He's good on the mic, and that's about it.  His matches are a chore to watch anymore.

I tend to vote straight WWE ticket to irk the puro/lucha crowd

So it's you!  And you have like around 25 accounts here, right?

*raises hand*

Be that as it may, I will at least consider checking out Mastiff, but I don't need to do that to know he had a better year than Big Show.

The Big Show is one of the greatest big men to ever wrestle

You could make the argument. But I've yet to see anyone make it for the time period in this thread, and there's a reason for that.

• Like 1

I don't think Big Show has been in many AWESOME matches in the last year I can think of (other than Survivor Series, but that wasn't because of him)...but I appreciate his willingness to put people over in the past year and still bump like a maniac.  He's not at the "having 5 star matches" stage of his career, he's at the "what's best for business" stage and done his best to get over guys like Rusev, Reigns, and Rowan.

Mastiff is great and all, or he's a fat boy who can do a few kip-ups and stole some Michael Elgin moves....but either way he wins here so it's a moot point.

I just wanted to point out how much I love Big Show bumping around like HBK in the past year.

Are there any solid Mastiff matches from the past year that are in the 10-15 minute range? I did see the Joe match, which I liked. Mastiff is a guy I've read about for a couple of years now but have never really seen. This tourny will change that. I just don't want to dedicate 30 minutes to a single match as I'm already procrastinating a deadline enough as it is. Gonna have to look through Youtube.

I don't dislike Show but I don't remember a single match of his this year outside of the Rumble. Obviously not a good year for him.

EDIT: I think I'll watch this one!

Double EDIT: Upload date threw me off. It's apparently from 2013 :(