DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-2-15

MGFanJay

They ran down THE CONTROVERSY. No Rusev in this at all. Lots of talking. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO CARRY ON A LEGACY EXCEPT FOR STEPH! AFTER 21 MINUTES Seth told Bryan Brock would eat him alive. Loved him saying the deep end is "where the big boys play"  After 5 more minutes, HHH makes Seth vs. Bryan tonight for a match to face Roman at Fastlane and the winner of that goes onto WM for the title shot. HHH says it's tough for Roman, but HE CAN END THE CONTROVERSY AND END THE BOOING. The balls on them for that. "The most defining moment of your career" is everyone chanting for Daniel Bryan. Then we got the announcement of Show vs. Reigns again - they're trying to kill Roman. That's the only logical explanation here. And then Show beat Reigns after a case shot and interference.

He's doomed - there is nothing they can do with the path he's on now to save him. They've outright said the goal is to do this to end the boos, but him winning at Fastlane will make those worse since Bryan is now directly in the mix. The best bet is to have Bryan beat him, put Roman with Dean in a Shield-ish faction, have them dominate for a long time and then redo Roman's push in a year.

Loved Axel being delusional and pointing to the WM sign. Not a fan of it leading to Ambrose killing him and then wanting to be IC Champion, even if his "I take a good mugshot!" line ruled. The guy's done enough jobs without having that albatross around his neck. Ascension killed the Dusts. Stardust rambled to himself backstage before Goldust slapped CODY and then Stardust hissed. EVERY. SINGLE. PART. OF STARDUST. CAN FUCK OFF!

Cena's eye's fucked up and now they're playing up that NXT is just HHH's way to replace Cena - so are the NXT guys defacto heels? Sting on Raw recap. WE MADE HISTORY AND NOW WE'RE GONNA DO IT AGAIN...with the return of Dolph, Ryback, and Erick Rowan. They all get some sub-par matches next. Harper-Ryback wasn't exciting in theory, but was pretty good in execution thanks to Harper. Cesaro-Jey was a backdrop to an app angle, but had a great finish. BRAY-DOLPH SUCKED. 

Bray can't even have a good match with Dolph, who is super-fast. I can't believe how bad Bray-Taker will be. Paige-Alicia was nothing. Miz-Sin Cara was a showcase for Mizdow's angle and his titties. Cara won with a distraction cradle. Bray talked about HOW THEY FEARED YOU but now he's the new face of fear. Bray-Taker is a fun video game match, it will not be a fun match unless Bray figures out how to have exciting matches. Rusev-Rowan was an excuse for an awesome Rusev video package and THE FLAG FAILING TO FALL. That ruled! Then Roman was a cock to Bryan backstage.

Main event was fantastic. Loved the goons getting laid out with the dive and then Seth taking an amazing bump on the table. Finish was a bit too wacky though, with THE BIG DOG helping Bryan win. Good post-match promo from Bryan, but it seems like they're either still set on Roman main eventing or deciding on the night of Fast Lane what to do.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/02/wwe-raw-2-2-15.html

Screens - 

1c12b6386775476.jpg 

979357386783342.jpg

110a31386783355.jpg

#demtitties
05c6be386802542.jpg

STUPID AMERICAN EQUIPMENT FAILURE!

cd5a05386805181.jpg

73e637386800845.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/dzblal92cn58l5cx4w8ytbao6q8u5bgi

Awesome show tonight.   Rollins and Bryan was great. That spear from Roman Reigns, he fucking flew! 

I enjoyed Bray and Ziggler too. 

Plus, I don't know if they botched the flag thing on purpose or what. I assume they didn't.  Lana and Rusev's improv was great.  Those two are a great fucking act.

I guess we are on to FASTLANE~!

• Like 1

Wow, I completely disagree on the Reigns reclamation project...I think they're on the right track there...the crowd didn't hate him tonight, although it was a lively crowd all together...

I'ma laugh my ass off though when Taker says, "no thanks" and this monster build for Bray is all for nothing...

Happy Birthday Genichiro Choshu...

After the tale Heyman weaved last week about Reigns and the Samoans, that's the story I wanted to see play out.  Throwing Bryan into the story (unless its a road block on the Road to Wrestlemania~!) muddles it up.

Is there a more valuable guy from a pure workhorse standpoint than Seth Rollins on the roster?  The guy's been putting on great matches every show while avoiding falling into the trap of being the "cool heel".

Did he really say Choshu? I was busy figuring how he pronounced "Genichiro". A good line from him Re: Mizdow: "He is ate up with stupid." I didn't catch it but a friend mentioned on Facebook that he called Harper "a zombie version of Eddy Guerrero". Stay classy, John. 

Axel getting wrecked was funny; I wonder what happened to his nose. The flag not coming down literally made me cry from laughter. Reigns' disappointment face was Beast Mode level in the open. Matchwise, Zigs and Bray got a lot of time but I didn't pay a lot of attention (brutal lariat though, and afterwards they build towards a Taker match -- nice); Cesaro finally picked up a fucking win with a mean mean European; Rollins/Bryan was awesome of course with Bryan busting out some cool armwork like the butterfly into cross-armbreaker and that weird leg twist thing. I'm having a problem watching him sell the neck though because I'm afraid he really IS hurt anymore. At least he's better at not dumping himself on his own head with the dropkick. No problem with the interference and maybe they're finally giving us what we want... maybe...

Am I insane, or did Reigns seem way more over as a face tonight than Bryan? When DB was cutting his promo, it sounded like he was getting a lot of push back from the crowd when he said he would beat Reigns.

Great show tonight. No bad matches, no bad segments.

I tuned in about a half hour in, so I missed most of the opening promo. A mock fantasy baseball draft is more important than the opening of Raw. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I see Bryan beating Reigns at Fast Lane. I have a feeling we're going to get the Shield triple threat at WM for the IC title. I have no desire to see Bray/Undertaker. The streak is over. There's no point in trotting the Undertaker out once a year anymore. I guess the build will be Bray and Taker going back and forth doing a whole bunch of supernatural bullshit to fuck with the others head. I enjoyed Ryback/Luke Harper. I'd like to watch them throw bombs at each other more. Erick Rowan has to be turning on Cena, right? The guy tells you how much you helped him and you can't even run out to save him from Rusev. John Cena really is the worst friend anybody could have. At least Hogan was a shitty friend to Savage because he was trying to get into Elizabeth's panties. There's no reason for Cena not save Rowan. John Cena deserves whatever evil a genius, swamp monster can come up with.

If the FlagFail wasn't a plan spotted, it's kinda sad the funniest moment - and one of the biggest pops on the show - was something a room full of genius writers couldn't come up with.

I actually liked Reigns tonight. Best Spear he's ever done and he finally showed some charisma in the locker room segment with Bryan. They totally messed up making him Samoan John Cena because all his best attributes play into him being a meathead jock heel ala Batista.

Actually watching that epic Rollins-Bryan match, it struck me how badly they've mismanaged the entire roster. There are so many good pieces there but they've spent so much time trying to hammer square pegs into round holes it's all a mess. Just do Bryan-Brock at Mania for crying out loud and let Seth make Roman look like a million dollars. Then let Seth cash in, give us 2-3 insanely awesome Seth-Bryan title matches then move on to Reigns era at Summerslam. I have no idea why this is so complicated for them to see.

• Like 1

It looks like we might be getting Reigns/Rollins at WrestleMania instead. They have to be building to something with those two.

I'm assuming Rollins is going to cost Reigns the match against Bryan at Fastlane which sets up Bryan/Brock and Rollins/Reigns at Mania.  Rollins cashes in either right after Bryan wins the match or the next night or whatever, and we get a Bryan/Rollins feud for the belt over spring and summer which should be awesome.

Really solid show overall.  There is such a sharp contrast between when the WWE is really on and can put together a show like this versus when they throw up some total crap.

• Like 1

It looks like we might be getting Reigns/Rollins at WrestleMania instead. They have to be building to something with those two.

I'm assuming Rollins is going to cost Reigns the match against Bryan at Fastlane which sets up Bryan/Brock and Rollins/Reigns at Mania.  Rollins cashes in either right after Bryan wins the match or the next night or whatever, and we get a Bryan/Rollins feud for the belt over spring and summer which should be awesome.

Really solid show overall.  There is such a sharp contrast between when the WWE is really on and can put together a show like this versus when they throw up some total crap.

That seems to be the logical extension of the current storytelling and would honestly be an awesome way to set up everything post-Mania. Bryan shines when he's chasing and Reigns isn't quite ready to carry the mantle as a top face. They should just be thankful that they have Daniel Bryan there to be the top face while Reigns is getting ready. 

It's amazing how much better Roman is when he only says a couple lines.

True and Hunter just said on the podcast that in some towns it is nearly impossible to get a face over and keep him over and that is absolutely true..   Reigns is better off being a "I don't give a fuck"  character than some bullshit pandering.

I totally believe Hunter when he says Reigns was super over on the house show circuit also. Different fans at those shows. It's incredibly difficult to decide between Reigns and Bryan because the Reigns backlash didn't start until Bryan came back into the picture.