DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

When something like TIME reports on your paying customers' dissatisfaction, you have a problem and you need to control it. Because WWE has never released embelished press releases before that almost got them into hot water. LOL at believing everything you're spoon fed.

Its not outside the realm of possibility that the number of people pissy enough to cancel is less than the people that aren't Wrestling Message Board Posters or the City of Philadelphia.

• Like 1

I realize that, and I actually agree with you. In the short term, it's not going to cause any real damage to their numbers. If they continue to piss all over their customers, yeah, it could become a problem. All I'm saying is this - They might be at 1mil right now. That's cool, I don't really care if they are or not. But it's very clear it's a PR move to manage their brand perception at this moment, when MAINSTREAM MEDIA is reporting on that hashtag (that probably doesn't mean jackshit, truth be told).

The bolded is the point.  A near irrelevant magazine's web edition is reporting on a hashtag.  TIME is the only one that did.  That's not speaking much to the movement.

• Like 1

Oddly quiet on my area's indy front for the last two weeks of January.  Nothing this past weekend and nothing this coming weekend except for Metro Pro in Kansas City (Christopher Daniels vs. Jeremy Wyatt).  Have heard good things about their shows but haven't made the cross-state drive to see them yet.  The closest I came to driving to KC for an indy show was when an event had A.J. Styles vs. Dingo.

Anywho, here's February as I know it:

-Friday 2/6:  3XW in Des Moines, IA (Jeremy Wyatt vs. Rory Fox for the title)
-Saturday 2/7:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO (Mike Outlaw vs. Brandon Espinosa for the title, Jake Dirden & Jackal vs. Guns
                           & Beer for the tag titles)
                         Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance at the South Broadway Athletic Club in St. Louis, MO (Da'Marius Jones vs. Brian
                           James for the title, plus Bobby Eaton appearing)
-Sunday 2/8:  Wrestling Invades America in Edwardsville, IL in the Meridian Ballroom at SIUE (Jonathan Napier vs. Christian Rose vs.
                           Paco Gonzalez vs. Mallaki Matthews for the title, Brandon Espinosa vs. Matt Cage, Hooligans vs. Viking War Party)
-Sunday 2/15:  High Risk Wrestling in Belleville, IL (Tommaso Ciampa vs. Moose, Cedric Alexander vs. Jonathan Gresham, Bolt Brady
                          vs. Mike Sydal, Trevor Murdoch vs. Caleb Konley vs. Blake Belakis, Bravado Brothers vs. New Midnight Express w/
                          Bobby Eaton, Tony Kozina vs. Silas Young)
-Saturday 2/21:  Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in East Carondelet, IL (Flash Flanagan vs. Gary Jackson for the title, Red
                             River Jack vs. Attila Khan, plus appearance by J.J. Dillon)
                          World League Wrestling in Troy, MO
                          World Powerhouse Wrestling in Collinsville, IL (Xavier Frost vs. Scar for the title)
-Saturday 2/28:  World League Wrestling in Excelsior Springs, MO

I guess I should have said DAMAGE CONTROL, but then I would get laughed at for having an unpopular opinion. Jokes on me!

:rolleyes:

Weirdly enough, that Blizzard Raw might have stopped the bleeding a little and might even be a turning point best-case.

I mentioned in the Rumble thread how I cancelled my subscription. I know many are going to make fun of me that I did, but I have to stick to my guns on this one. The Network is the only money WWE gets from me, so how else am I supposed to show my dissatisfaction with the product? Count on other subscription cancellations? Stop watching Raw? (which doesn't matter, I'm not a Nielsen family).

For me, it's not a matter of "I'm gonna stick it to 'em by stealing the PPVs and RAW" it's more the fact that I just want something different, and need time to cool out

I mentioned in the Rumble thread how I cancelled my subscription. I know many are going to make fun of me that I did, but I have to stick to my guns on this one. 

I never understand this. Not necessarily here, but in some places, people insult consumers that don't like the Thanksgiving dinner sides they are consuming as whiny or entitled or whatever. 

As a consumer, if I don't like the Thanksgiving dinner sides that I'm consuming, it only makes sense that I shouldn't put money into it personally. Some people seem to think that the producer of content is owed the consumer's money. 

Personally, I'm sticking with the Network because I like old PPVs easily at hand instead of having to deal with bad video or missing video on YouTube/Daily Motion and because NXT is the best, but anyone who can't stand the current Thanksgiving dinner sides and sees that as the central purpose for having the Network is right to cancel.

Now complaining about the current Thanksgiving dinner sides and not caring about the other stuff on the Network, but still paying for it? Yeah, that makes no sense. Vote with your wallet and wait to hear if the current Thanksgiving dinner sides get better before rewarding Vince McMahon with your money. 

I mentioned in the Rumble thread how I cancelled my subscription. I know many are going to make fun of me that I did, but I have to stick to my guns on this one. The Network is the only money WWE gets from me, so how else am I supposed to show my dissatisfaction with stuffing instead of potatoes? Count on other subscription cancellations? Stop watching Raw? (which doesn't matter, I'm not a Nielsen family).

For me, it's not a matter of "I'm gonna stick it to 'em by stealing the PPVs and RAW" it's more the fact that I just want something different, and need time to cool out

Same here. I really don't feel the need to see Fast Lane as I've been greatly disppointed by the last 2 PPVs. If the mania card is good, I'll re-sub at that time and give it another shot but I'm taking at least a month off.

*edit*

Is Thanksgiving dinner sides a framistan?

I guess I should have said DAMAGE CONTROL, but then I would get laughed at for having an unpopular opinion. Jokes on me!

:rolleyes:

Weirdly enough, that Blizzard Raw might have stopped the bleeding a little and might even be a turning point best-case.

I dunno, given the crowd that Mania usually draws, Roman Reigns is going to be booed out of the building and it'll carry over the next night to RAW. So when the most eyeballs are on the "new guy" he'll be seen as a reject.

I haven't cancelled my subscription. I've only just got it (UK). I'm not particularly interested in Roman Reigns as the guy and was disappointed by the Rumble.

Having said that, I did enjoy the fan reaction at the arena because I don't believe just because we're fans of pro wrestling that we have to enjoy whatever it is we're spoon-fed.

So even though I didn't cancel my subscription I fully support those who chose to and I ended up arguing with those on twitter that said "you're not a true fan if you cancel" or "cancelling is dumb". Because if I'm a consumer and I'm dissatisfied with a pro-duct (I'm English I don't do thanksgiving), I no longer give my money to that company. That's business. And no company is owed any loyalty in that respect, it's earned.

2/24/14: I subscribed to the Network.

1/25/15: I cancelled my subscription. Billing cycles being what they are, my subscription will end 2/24/15.

If you think WWE isn't counting me in their "1 million", you are kidding yourself. If you aren't kidding yourself, you can do the math and recognize that the impact of #CancelWWENetwork, whatever it is, could not possibly be determined from that press release.

• Like 2