DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Ted Levine is my favorite actor at the moment and often use him as a comparison as to why wrestling fans for some fucking reason think just because a character did something in one fed means it will translate to another fed. Characters and shit, you know.

Maybe, but I'd be fine if he shoehorned "would you fuck me?" into all of his roles.

• Like 1

Ted Levine is my favorite actor at the moment and often use him as a comparison as to why wrestling fans for some fucking reason think just because a character did something in one fed means it will translate to another fed. Characters and shit, you know.

You do not get wrestling. 

Man, I miss John Morrison.

There is a delightful man named Johnny Mundo you should look in to.
They should have just kept calling him JoMo but pronouncing it in Spanish and have everyone wonder why he got offended

"But I've got a girlfriend! You even fucked her!"

• Like 2

You do not get wrestling. 

Is that why WWF Hogan work so well in WCW?

Also that hour long match between HBK and Hart is a total waste of time until the last 5-10 minutes. Which typical for a HBK match tbh. But I have a distain for long matches for the stake of having a long match.

• Like 1

At RR '92, the crowd doesn't really HATE him until he screws the guy that they liked more in Sid Justice. They're nuts for him eliminating 'Taker in particular beforehand. 

The problem is that the RR '92 booking was meant to make Sid Justice a heel for being mad at Hogan somehow, which is simply stupid on the part of whoever thought that would really work effectively. 

'92 Rumble is a great match even without commentary.  It's Ric Flair vs. The World.  Heenan's commentary just enhanced it.

The only reason to watch that Hart/Michaels match before you die is if you really want to go in your sleep.

That list is fucking bullshit, man.  No Alicia Fox vs. Melina?  How you gonna have a list without the match that inspired Cameron to become the 17th best female wrestler in the world...

http://ringbellesonline.com/2014/11/13/paige-scores-top-spot-in-the-pwi-female-50/

• Like 4

'92 Rumble rules. It's one of the seminal matches in wrestling history.

That Shawn/Bret match is a perfectly fine match but they didn't use the gimmick. It's like having a cage match without someone getting thrown into the wiring. Ironman matches are my favorite types of match, too.

Was that Cena/Michaels match from Raw on the list? Or is it not on the Network yet?

Rock vs. Triple H at Judgment Day 2000 was the better Iron Man match because it actually featured Iron Man strategy, like beating your opponent with a chair and then pinning him so you nullify the DQ that you just got for beating him with the chair. The finish and the resulting controversy kind of killed the match but it was a solid match where both guys KNEW they were going an hour so they just used it as an opportunity to beat the crap out of each other. 

The problem with just booking Bret and Shawn to go an hour is that without the gimmick, you would have to explain why the main event is starting early AND you'd have to book matches that would clearly not happen because of the "longer than expected" WWF Title match. There's no way to do that though because the WWF Title match IS the main event. They had to make it an Iron Man Match if they wanted a full hour. 

I finally decided to order the WWE Network last night.  The first thing I saw when I signed in was Regal piledriving Finlay on top of a car from some episode of Nitro that was playing on the regular schedule stream.  I'm pretty sure that's a guarantee this was a good purchase, or the sign that it's going to be a total car wreck.  So far it's great though, there's so much stuff I plan to go back and re-visit.

Anyways, this conversation about the 92 Rumble prompted me go to watch it.  I had no recollection (or maybe I hadn't started watching wrestling yet) that Neidhart and Owen teamed as The New Foundation wearing High Energy's old gear.  I take it this was pretty short lived?

Weird thing about that ugly ass checkered gear is that Neidhart stated wearing it after the Foundation broke up, Owen picked it up when they started teaming, then when Anvil got fired, Koko started wearing it to for High Energy, and when they stopped being a team, somehow Koko kept the look.

Steamboat/Rude is the best Iron Man match, though the very next year, Rude and Dustin Rhodes have a kind of terrible Iron Man match together, which I still don't believe because both of those guys are amazing.

It's only thirty, but Steamboat/Rude is right fucking there guys.

I don't know if it that's a direct apples to apples comparison though. It takes a lot more work to keep a crowd interested for 60 minutes. Their match was good but the guys who had to go an hour had a larger task ahead of them.