DVDVR Message Board

Who Would You Like To See Have Another Run In WWE?

Web Conn

I've dug a lot of Gangrel's smaller recent Indy stuff, plus it would be pretty awesome watching a super fat dude working a really dated gimmick wrestling Sheamus on superstars and shit.

i couldn't decide if suggesting Gangrel would be a joke or not so i didn't post it. but i agree.

is Jim Ross the best answer here? i mean, everybody's better than Michael Cole.

First name that popped into my head was Chris Masters and then the picture of Drew was another "yep definitely that guy." Other than those 2, I don't think they let go of anyone that was a sure fire main eventer. Although they could get some mileage out of a Kozlov vs. Rusev: Ukraine vs. Russia feud.

Bring back Shelton Benjamin and re-form the WGTT with Swagger taking Haas's place

I kind of want to see a John Morrison/Tyler Breeze feud, sort of reminiscent of the feud Rick Martel and Shawn Michaels had

Marty Janetty gets the surgery he needs and goes to rehab, then takes a similar manager who occasionally wrestles role that Hayes had with the Hardys for some up and coming tag team.

JR and any other commentator who isn't on the current rotation.

Masters is 31 and he's probably the best selling babyface in the country not named Goldust. Who's better? 

Bayley and possibly Zayn.

I want to see the Hardys back under a RVD/Jericho type deal. I'd love to see Hardys vs Usos or Gold and Stardust.  Hell even Jeff vs Harper. Also Maryse should come back and manage the Miz. Like WWE's version of Maria and Mike Bennett.

• Like 1

Agreed with McIntyre & Masters, they'd be my top two choices. Lance Hoyt is another as I feel he could've been real good if ever given a chance in his first run. One to add is Ivelisse Velez as she's just the best.

Gangrel rules. Was bummed that he didn't get to stick around after his one time return in 2004 while Viscera ended up getting a good run following it. Good call on the Hardyz if it were ever possible. Two of my favorite runs ever were both Hardys work in the 06-10 timeframe.

Masters coming back would be good. If we are allowed to pick people who have never been in WWE before, I want a Beer Money run in WWE.

TImes a million. If I were runnin' things, I would have already poached Storm, Roode, Joe and AJ.

Who am I to disagree on Masters? No more Dudleys, no thanks. The Hardys would be good on occasion, but not with a serious push.

I think Cabana got the shaft before he could really get entrenched as a comedy guy. Matt Classic would've been over like Rover in the WWE.

I always wondered why they didn't do more with Drew McIntyre. Harry Smith would be good if handled correctly.

The Hardys would be great for a quick one-two shot whenever they show up in North Carolina for a week or so. A couple of tag matches with whoever is around the tag division at a time. 

I'd like to see MVP back. From what I've seen of TNA this year, he's been one of the few bright spots, cutting good promos and having fun matches. I don't know how he's holding up physically with regards to a full house show schedule but he'd be great, in and around the top guys and you could plug him back in no problem.

Masters is 31 and he's probably the best selling babyface in the country not named Goldust. Who's better? 

Bayley and possibly Zayn.

I want to see the Hardys back under a RVD/Jericho type deal. I'd love to see Hardys vs Usos or Gold and Stardust.  Hell even Jeff vs Harper. Also Maryse should come back and manage the Miz. Like WWE's version of Maria and Mike Bennett.

Zayn is way more apt to drop selling in order to get some of his shit in during a comeback. Masters would do that shit with one arm.

Yeah, have to agree that Masters would be good. I've always wondered why they couldn't figure out what to do with Drew McIntyre. He's got the look, he's decent in ring, and doesn't seem lost on the rare occasions that he got to talk. A tag-team with Sheamus could be gold. (You know that the Scot and the Irish guy are gonna fight sooner or later), but the suspense as to when it all breaks down is the fun part, in the meantime you have a great tagteam comprised of two big asskickers, dare I suggest "Gael Force"* ?

*Yeah, that was the name of one of my championship dart teams, (we were all Irish), but what the heck, I don't mind sharing.

Paul London, X Pac and Hurricane. I'm honestly shocked X Pac isn't already there. Matt Hardy also, and Jeff if they're both clean.

Waltman has Hep C. He won't ever be cleared to wrestle in the WWE again. That said I think he'd be an awesome agent.

I was going to say Monty Brown but after doing some quick checking he looks like a 44 year old retired wrestler. I think right now I would prefer them to start making good use of what they have before bringing anyone in. I just don't think it is a good sign moving forward when you can't make someone with Alberto Del Rio's tools work.

• Like 1

are both Godwinns still alive? not that i'd want to see another run by them, but i'm surprised that they never had any one-off appearances after their contracts were up. none that i can remember, anyway.

Both are still alive. Henry actually was resigned to a deal in late 2006 and did some work in development with Ray Gordy prior to Jesse & Festus, but he got released about 8 months later without getting brought up again. Actually that whole all at once resigning is something I wish they'd do again and actually use. At that time in 06, they had signed Henry Godwinn, Rodney Mack, Marty Jannetty, Brad Armstrong, & 2 Cold Scorpio but never ended up using any of them on TV and released them 6-8 months later, aside from Armstrong getting a guest commentator spot on ECW a couple times.

WWE needs more 40+ veteran midcarders. Glad Billy Gunn got one more run, now I definitely co-sign the Bob Holly mention.