DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Corey Graves....concussion magnet. Is he strong enough on the mic or charismatic enough to work as a manager/stable leader/mouth piece? I say yes. The dude has a unique look. Sort of a sleazy cross between Jake Roberts and Raven. I could see him as sort of a cult leader type.

Speaking of managers, word is Luke Harper is splitting from the Wyatt Family (no word yet on Rowan's status) and that Waytt may end up managing The Ascension.

If they go with this plan, they have to repackage The Ascension, right?  I mean I know they're HHH's favorites and he's into the whole Frazetta look but that's like oil and water with Wyatt's grimy southern gothic thing.  Or will the gimmick be that Wyatt discovered these two dudes at a fantasy con and brainwashed them?

While we're at it, can I just mention how unimpressive the Ascension is?  The taller one just looks like generic 80s big guy #148 who'd be at home on some Road Warrior ripoff team like The Master Blasters.  The smaller one looks like Chris Daniels was finally able to afford a decent hairpiece.  They come off like two leather daddies cosplaying what they think wrestling is supposed to look like and they're just cartoony as fuck.

• Like 2

Speaking of managers, word is Luke Harper is splitting from the Wyatt Family (no word yet on Rowan's status) and that Waytt may end up managing The Ascension.

I didn't get that vibe based on the new Wyatt video packages...What's our source on this one?

I don't know about the Bray with Ascension part but...

By Mike Johnson on 2014-10-01 10:33:52

As I discussed in my PWInsider.com Elite audio yesterday, the vignettes featuring Bray Wyatt telling Luke Harper that he has been set free is the start of the Wyatt Family splitting up.

The plan is to have Wyatt, Harper and Erick Rowan go their separate ways. The trio has been together since their run in WWE NXT.

Right.  The videos allude to Harper leaving.  The Ascension as possible new family members comes from Da Meltz.

Seriously, they look like two guys who met at the gym down the street and decided to give their local indy a shot.  If this were 15 years ago, I'd be watching them at a converted grocery store battling Duane Gill and Barry Hardy, maybe Neil "The Power" Superior and Hollywood Bob Starr if they were lucky.

• Like 4

I just watched Roddy Piper prove a point by dropping his pants and ranting in front of Bill Maher. 

Wrestling is odd. 

These days I'd just pay to watch Piper nuke Maher again and again.  But that's just me.

• Like 1

I see the Wyatt Family going down as one of the bigger missed opportunities in WWE history. So much potential there.

Windham Rotunda handed WWE gold with Bray Wyatt and they fucking piss it away by making them just another group of heels and feeding them to Super Cena. The things this company does is so frustrating. How could you possibly fuck up the evil cult leader and his brainwashed followers?

The Ascension are the fucking pits. If the smaller one didn't have a Danzig tattoo, they'd have no redeeming qualities.

• Like 2

I see the Wyatt Family going down as one of the bigger missed opportunities in WWE history. So much potential there.

Windham Rotunda handed WWE gold with Bray Wyatt and they fucking piss it away by making them just another group of heels and feeding them to Super Cena. The things this company does is so frustrating. How could you possibly fuck up the evil cult leader and his brainwashed followers?

You get Don Callis to lead it?

Harper is going to be huge.  Hopefully they don't change him up too much for the singles run.  I think he will be at the top of the card for years.  Vince and HHH love big, burly guys who can work.  Vince always wanted another monster, i mean he was going to give Roadkill a push.  Fuck yes...strap a rocket on Harpers back and make him the fucking man.  

• Like 3

You get Don Callis to lead it?

The Ministry with The Jackal as the Higher Power would have been infinitely better than what actually happened.

Windham Rotunda handed WWE gold with Bray Wyatt and they fucking piss it away by making them just another group of heels and feeding them to Super Cena. 

Eating losses in a big feud against John Cena never hurt anyone. It's all about where they go from there. What killed Bray was letting him fall into relative obscurity and become just another guy working a series of matches with Sheamus. 

Cena doesn't kill careers. Creative not knowing how to book a compelling midcard kills careers. 

• Like 2