DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 9-29-14 - Raw is Komen

MGFanJay

Some questions brought up tonight-

Is Seth Rollins so cheap or so destitute that he can't afford luggage and has to haul his personal effects around in the MITB case?  Or does he just do that to avoid having to pay baggage fees on the airlines?

He owns one shirt and one suit so....

There was Nickelodeon slime used in a feud that had guys stomping each others heads through concrete a dated movie reference is nothing. I don't even know if Seth and Dean's booking has been all that great or if I just enjoy their feud because of how good they are. It feels like they've been making chicken salad out of chicken shit more often than not. Having said that it's still probably the best booked feud right now.

• Like 3

Is Seth Rollins so cheap or so destitute that he can't afford luggage and has to haul his personal effects around in the MITB case?  Or does he just do that to avoid having to pay baggage fees on the airlines?

When Ambrose is unable or unwilling to hitchhike, steal vehicles, or stow away in the back of farm trucks carrying livestock to get from town to town does he just hide out in the truck that carries the merch supplies from town to town?  I could see him bedding down on a pile of clothes and getting his funk all over them only for them to be sold the next night.  Some little kid gets a new Cena shirt only to ask his mom why it smells like stale donuts and mustard.  As evidenced tonight he probably absconds with a bag full of merch to hawk on his own in order to buy a few gas station hot dogs after the show.  He probably lurks in the shady sections of town with a trench coat bartering or selling what he can.  That quarter he got for a Sheamus shirt probably kept him in ramen noodles for a week.

I'm sure WWE just gives him entire bags filled of unsold merchandise of people they've released. That's why he's got an endless supply of John Morrison "We're gonna eat your lunch" and Alberto Del Rio "Born in Mexico, Made in the USA" tshirts.

Another YELP Review I was able to pull for "AAADean Ambrose Home - Car - Personal security devices!"

I went to Mr. Ambrose office, or what I thought was his office.  It was an upside-down "log" from an old flume ride that I think washed into town during Hurricane Katrina.  It had a sign saying "free food to steal" and there was a small pile of I want to say it was some kind of nugget, Arbys maybe, inside a little loop of rope that led under the flume log.  I didn't reach into it and I never found the guy.  I think he was under there because he started whispering something about people taking his food.  I ran away pretty fast.

• Like 2

Yeah but how is he getting a dildo and a futuristic wet suit through security check in is my question  -_-

Is Seth Rollins so cheap or so destitute that he can't afford luggage and has to haul his personal effects around in the MITB case? Or does he just do that to avoid having to pay baggage fees on the airlines?

The Authority doesn't pay that well. Shit, Kane doesn't even get a shirt. Randy doesn't get pants and has to wear his own shitty t-shirt.

• Like 2

There are only a few reviews  on YELP for "AAADean Ambrose Home - Car - Personal security devices!"

Here is one of the last two I was able to find:

Mr. Ambrose promised to make my locker at school "bully proof."  I paid him $14.  He painted an arrow pointing to my locker in this green stuff and then I think he just hid a few lockers down for like three days (it was a long weekend and I don't think he knew how school works).  When the girl whose locker he was in opened it, he bit her....pretty bad...and ran away.  When I got home that night all my shirts were gone and he left a note that said "We wil be a part on eacothrs life now we ar fourevere!"  Anyway we moved away the next month.

• Like 5

There are only a few reviews on YELP for "AAADean Ambrose Home - Car - Personal security devices!"

Here is one of the last two I was able to find:

Mr. Ambrose promised to make my locker at school "bully proof." I paid him $14. He painted an arrow pointing to my locker in this green stuff and then I think he just hid a few lockers down for like three days (it was a long weekend and I don't think he knew how school works). When the girl whose locker he was in opened it, he bit her....pretty bad...and ran away. When I got home that night all my shirts were gone and he left a note that said "We wil be a part on eacothrs life now we ar fourevere!" Anyway we moved away the next month.

The shit that Piranesi comes up with is world's better than what we actually get on Raw.

The final surviving YELP review for "AAADean Ambrose Home - Car - Personal security devices!"

After this one was posted, the business seems to have closed.  This one is a little suspicious.  I don't know, I'll leave it up to you to judge:

I AM NOT  DEAD BEACUASE I BYE THIS pROTECTIUN!!!  THEY WILL TAKE FUUD OFF YU'R PLATE IF YOUDO"T GET DEAN TO HELP!  I AM NOT  DEAN AMBROSE IF YOU THINK I AM YOU RE DUMMER THAN SETH ORLLINS an HHH.  ALSO T_SHIRTSS HE HAS FOR $1 IF GUY IS OVER  oR 24 CENTS FOR SHEAMUS (PRICE REDUCD FROM 25 CENTS!!!!)  HE CAN ALSO LIVE IN YORU CAR OR HOUS TO PORTECT YOU!!!  HE WILL PORTECT YOU FOUREVERE!!!!

• Like 4

Big Show's promo was basically a bingo card of shitty WWE writing team habits. Seriously, it was like one of them had written a rough draft for one of Cena's promos for when he feud's with Rusev, and then they ran out of time to write Big Show his own so they handed him that garbage.

I had to laugh when one of the biggest crowd reactions was the Wyatt video quick cut right after diva match number 3.

Oh yeah, those vids... I'm all in on a Harper push but I'll be kinda sad if Bray ends up being a glorified manager which seemed to me the direction that was going.

I think Bray works best as a mouthpiece who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty in the ring. So that when he steps into the ring, it's the equivalent of "the strap coming down" for his stable.

• Like 1

When was the last time WWE had 3 divas matches on 1 show? That Rosa match was brutal and the Brie match wasn't much better. Brie has the best music though.

I want to see Luke Harper turn babyface and retire Kane. I hope that happens soon.

To those that had 2014 pegged as the year that an episode of WWE RAW featured a segment where the Rev. Jesse Jackson raised the hand of a dude in a bunny suit after a post-match beatdoiwn...ah fuck it, I doubt even the feveriest of fever dreams ever saw a vision like that coming.

Though it seemed like a wasted opportunity to try to get another Titus O'Neil push going...do a segment for the Komen foundation that might theoretically start a face push if handled right, followed by putting him over as a friend of the Rev. Jesse Jackson...and then letting his partner get a fluke win and then the segment ends with Los Matadores and Adam Rose/Rosebuds reigning supreme.

That said, Luke Harper singles push on the horizon...I'm on-board with whatever else I need to be on-board with to witness that.

And it's stunning how Dean Ambrose's awesomeness even raises WWE's attempts at "prank comedy" to a new level.

Based on tonight, I have to assume that every time Rusev gets knocked out, Lana is given one square foot less of material out of which to make  her skirts.

Pity Lana wasn't around during the Attitude era because that would've been a brilliant gimmick. Every time her man wins, they cut a swatch of fabric from her outfit like Rachel Phelps in Major League. Then just when the guy has won like his 35th match in a row and all she's left with are the tattered remnants of a bikini, some heel could get nuclear heat by cheating to win and deny us all that final piece of the puzzle.

Rusev missed his chance for epic glory by not coming along in the 80s, Lana missed her's by not coming along in the 90s... Man, the two of them really would've ruled big time in other eras.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, those vids... I'm all in on a Harper push but I'll be kinda sad if Bray ends up being a glorified manager which seemed to me the direction that was going.

I think Bray works best as a mouthpiece who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty in the ring. So that when he steps into the ring, it's the equivalent of "the strap coming down" for his stable.

Those videos were great. I'm a huge Harper fan so I hope he get the push he deserves. I would just show these videos every week and only have them show up once a month or so. They need to be special, not a weekly occurrence.

When was the last time WWE had 3 divas matches on 1 show? That Rosa match was brutal and the Brie match wasn't much better. Brie has the best music though.

Other than it being super basic, that Brie match wasn't that horrible. Eva got to look faster than running molasses for once, Brie kept the flow going and Cameron didn't screw up. If that had been someone like Mickie or Beth in there, they would've tried to forced Eva ans Cameron to do spots that they have no business doing. Mickie esp had a formula that she would work against anyone be they a Trish or Rosa. And that latter match was some ugly shit.

Brie may not ever be a super worker, but her matches do try to work for the weaker girl's skills... Something you can't say a lot about a lot of the other divas.

Speaking of Brie, the Bellas got a Komen shirt that reads 'support the twins.' I got a chuckle seeing Brie in it when her twins are smalls. Lol

• Like 1

Another great moment: Seeing Mark Henry coming up from behind Bo Dallas during his interview.  I need a Gif of that somehow has, like, INCEPTION horns blaring along with it as he gets closer and closer and bigger and bigger.

God yes. The beatdown itself was great and Bo sold it like a champ, but the way they shot it with Mark slowly materializing in the distance and bearing down like a tornado was 1000 times more effective and foreboding than the usual "guy runs into the shot to attack his enemy" deal. Sometimes getting there really is half the fun.

Not sure why people would shit on Rusev's promo- he was intense and his broken English word salad was fun. I WILL KICK YOU IN THE GRO-IN~!