DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEASON 8 THREAD

RIPPA

Yeah Bayley or Alexa Bliss could be reading this thread.

If they were, they'd be creeped out by us long before they got to page 28.

I'd like to believe Bayley is so naive that she wouldn't get most of references and be unable to be creeped out

August 14th 2014 NXT episode: Mojo done fucked up and now Bull is going to kill him. Sasha vs. Bayley for the #1 contender to the NXT women's title this two have really great chemistry and this is there best one on one match against each other so far. I would love to see a even longer match in the future maybe with some gold on the line. Neville vs. Breeze was really good with Neville taking a sick bump on the tornado ddt and sets up the four way nicely. Honestly this might be the best episode in ring wise outside of the specials on the WWE network that I seen so far for NXT.

I wish that Vaudevillains skit from last week was available on Youtube or even WWE.com. That was tremendous, and the type of video that would go viral if it were easily accessible. 

That main event was really good even for how short it was. Kinda marked when I thought Bálor was going for the Bloody Sunday. The Brainbuster was still really great to see though. "HUGE SUPLEX!" 

Judging from the Kevin Owens video, it seems as if they might let him keep that Pumphandle Neckbreaker. Would suck if they don't after revealing it in that video (but I wouldn't be surprised). Always looked super deadly, yet he would use it as a regular mid-match move.

Owens hype vid was awesome. Neville and Zayn continue to shine in their ability to verbally build up this feud which quite frankly has surprised me in the way they(especially Neville) have been knocking all the non wrestling stuff out of the park.  Neville vs Zayn is easily the best non podcast related thing going on in WWE right now.

Went to the NXT house show tonight in Orlando. The only trial run match they ran for R Evolution was the tag match. Lucha Dragons won a non title match which was weird as I thought the challengers usually win those matches. Main event was a really good fatal 4 way between Zayn/Neville/Viktor and Finn Balor. Seeing Finn in with Sami and Neville was so great. Viktor really held his own too. Other notable matches were Team Bae over Carmella/Bayley and Baron Corbin beating Tyler Breeze Tyler took most of the match till the finish. Also sitting in the crowd was Mad Man Pondo and Crazy Mary Dobson. That was cool.

Sami's a dark horse WOTY candidate at this point. Not sure there's anyone in the WWE that makes me care for him or her like he does. Just fantastic stuff.

I can't wait for Owens' debut. I'm a huge Steen fan and think he has a lot that he can bring to the table.

Balor is definitely getting the star treatment, but he's overshadowing Itami now. I'm wondering what he'll have to do to get on Finn's level just from a presence standpoint.

The Vaudevillians are awesome.

Sami Zayn is learning how life works in front of our eyes. He's becoming cynical. After he slapped Neville, the crowd really should have chanted ONE OF US! ONE OF US

Owens pretty much comes off as a badass in those vignettes. More people need to go with "angry dude that likes to fight people" as a gimmick.

Sasha Banks is a terrible person.  

Other notable matches were Team Bae over Carmella/Bayley and Baron Corbin beating Tyler Breeze Tyler took most of the match till the finish.

How does Corbin look when he has to go longer than 20 seconds?

It depends on the opponent. I've seen him have long matches 3 times( vs Dillinger, Breeze and Elias Sampson) He looked good in the Breeze match but he didn't do much. I'm interested in how he does vs Bull. Bull had a good match vs Solomon Crowe where a lot of the match was built around a bearhug.

Sami's the best storyteller in wrestling. EVERYONE comes off better working with him. It's absolutely ridiculous. I think he's the best in the world right now. His interviews and out-of-ring work coincide amazingly well with his in-ring stories. I can't remember the last time someone was able to really parallel those two together.