DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEASON 8 THREAD

RIPPA

July 3 2014 episode of NXT: Bayley/Becky vs. Sasha/Charlotte was a good match and Bayley stood up for becky after the match when Sasha attacked her. Sami vs. Gabriel was a great 10 minute match and the aftermath set up a potential great tag team match.

Loved the whole introduction of Finn Bálor last week. (hold down alt key and press 0225 on the numberpad)

One bit I didnt like. The cutaway from his lazy pele kick. It's an "new" move...one that is rarely seen on WWE tv. Why cut away to an obscure angle?

• Like 1

It could be as simple as the NXT camera crew not being in the perfect position they needed to be in so that the shot is maximized.

It's an incredibly difficult thing to do well, and the WWE camera crew is so consistantly good at it that it sticks out when something less than good happens.

OH MY GOD WHAT A PERFECT ENDING TO THE MATCH. Holy shit was that a great main event, and the show as a whole was quite good.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/11/wwe-nxt-11-13-14.html

Screens -

1bb46f364200781.jpg

c57dd3364200900.jpg

4b9c66364200933.jpg

We've got bored Charlotte Fan, TWO shocked Zayn fans, the person with the salad bowl haircut making some kind of face, the NO NO NO person in shock, and someone in a faux-mayor sash CHECKING HIS DAMNED PHONE while a guy in a tuxedo shirt is not amused!

96c29d364201058.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/oxffdplu39tzzxvebcup6hqdkbo9rzaf

I have to start this post by saying that Sasha Banks is really fucking good at pro wrestling, guys. Her offense is nasty. That double-stomp in the corner always looks like it hurts, she had Alexa Bliss all wrapped up on that bow-and-arrow, and the Bank Statement is a sick finish. Also, she's pretty great with her facial expressions and shit-talking in the ring. 

Murphy/Blake and the Lucha Dragons have really nice chemistry together. I'd love to see them get twenty minutes on an NXT special at some point in the future. Also, Sin Cara one-arm powerbombing the fuck out of Blake (or Murphy, they look alike) was sweet as hell.

At the end of Neville/Zayn, I was like C'MON, ZAYN, THIS IS CLEARLY ANALOGOUS TO BRET HART PLAYING POSSUM AGAINST DIESEL, KNOW YOUR HISTORY AND DON'T GET SUCKED IN. 

Also, Neville's pissed face after Zayn outsmarted him in the first few minutes and that one kid, in a sea of boos, mimicking Neville's Red Arrow signal when he came out were both awesome. 

• Like 1

I haven't even gotten to the main event yet and this is one of my favorite hours of wrestling television ever. The Itami/Balor vs. Kidd/Gabriel match was an awesome debut. Itami/Balor look like TOTAL world beaters. Sasha Banks/Alexa was really good. Is Sasha the best WWE woman's wrestler right now? I think she might be. I love Charlotte but Sasha is just KILLING it right now. The Lucha Dragons vs. Blake/Murphy match was awesome. Blake/Murphy looked really, really great in this.

Okay, just got to the main event. Another MOTYC or Sami. Oh my god. That was awesome. The end was just fantastic. Neville is such a great toolbag doing the slow heel burn with his injury. Man, I'm thinking Sami might be the best worker in the WWE right now. He's so awesome at the little things -- the acting component -- that makes wrestling fun.

Zayn is just perfect in that he really makes you feel like absolutely every win and loss matters. Like it's world ending if he can't pull off the victory.  Absolutely no one else in wrestling today can pull that off like him.  Excellent show this week.

Great hour of TV. I hate that both Itami and Balor have used the Double Stomp off the top, though. I have this feeling Itami hasn't asked for the Go 2 Sleep yet. It's just not a great finish. It doesn't even look that impressive.

Heels actually looked like heels on this show, which is great, and Neville's subtle heeling is great, too. The build for the eventual title change at the next big live event is going to be terrific.

Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy are kind of awesome, aren't they?

I was more confused than anything else. They come out to a country-western sounding music, and I'm thinking Beer Money knock-off. Then they're dressed in the Edgeheads' old tights, and they do some weird grade-school secret high-five shit. Then their music turns to dubstep and I'm just like what is this?

Then there was that double team from the backbreaker where the guy giving it faceplanted way harder than Kallisto did. I was not left with a super-positive impression.

I'm not gonna clamor for them to be put on the main roster, but I really do not see Itami and Bálor staying on NXT very long. You don't get readier than these two.