DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEASON 8 THREAD

RIPPA

Guys, we are so close to a reality where Enzo and Cass captain a Survivor Series team where Enzo gets to explain facts about his teammates that you can't teach... 

And this is Hideo Itami and he kicks people in the face and you can't teach that

And this is Finn Balor and he's painted to look like Venom and you can't teach that

And these are the Mechanics and they learned how to fix cars at a technical college, and those are actually skills that can be taught

badda boom realest guys in the room

HOWUDOIN.

• Like 3

Such a fun, fun episode. Neville is such a smarmy dick heel. And finally, Finn Balor debuts! I already watched the YouTube video of it from a month ago or so, but it was just as awesome to watch it again last night.

Sometimes there are guys that I look at and see how they perform and see their presence and I can tell they're going to be a future world champion. Finn is one of the best examples of those guys AND he has the music that you know you'll hear over and over again as Raw goes off the air or as he holds the WWE Title up high.

One thing I absolutely love about the buildup to Zayn/Neville has been that the booking has been very clever about not showing the cards. Normally, when there's a heel turn, it's either out of nowhere, and the newly-minted heel has to cut a 10-minute promo explaining everything, or it's foreshadowed with all the subtlety of a brick through a window (e.g. Mark Henry turning on Show) and it becomes a question of when-not-if.

With Zayn and Neville, I feel like either one of them could turn, (Neville by disrespecting Zayn and cheating to win, Zayn by acting holier-than-thou and losing his shit if he doesn't win,) and it would make sense. I think it'll probably be Neville, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

I had never seen Hideo or Finn before NXT but was well aware of their reputations.  After the last month of TV I am completely invested in them as wrestlers.  A simple, yet well executed story.  

Bayley continues to make me want to watch tv.  There's something about her that I just love...and I don't mean that in the creepy way at all.  I'm not one of those "WWE creative can't do nothin'" type guys, but I have my doubts that she'll be given the opportunity to be this character on the main roster.  I hope I'm wrong, because like so many others have said, it could be an absolute gold mine for them if she is given that opportunity.  

NXT is quite frankly like a throwback to wrestling from the 80s.  One hour a week, you don't see everyone every single week, and the stories play out over several weeks/months and make sense.  Every episode ends with me looking forward to next week.  It is my favorite tv show by far right now and alone is worth $9.99 (except for new subscribers in November).

• Like 1

I agree with you, but it's hard to not think it's going to be Neville turning. Such a smug prick. Every time he mentions Zayn not being able to win the big one, I want to see him get smashed.

Regardless, Zayn vs. Neville is going to be off the charts. I think the build to this, combined with each guy in the match, along with that crowd, will make for the match of the year.

I'll do Craig's point one better. Sometimes when top flight indy guys get the call to WWE they seem a little smaller in that they're just engulfed by their surroundings. He wasn't. Forget the part about beating down The Ascension. Finn carried himself like he was a 10-time WWE champion even before that point.

But great show all around this week, too.

• Like 1

June 26 2014 NXT: Vaudevillians 2nd match was as fun as their debut match and Bull Dempsey was a big time Hoss in his debut this week. Summer Rae vs. Becky Lynch I see what people were warning me about with the constant Irish Jig they made Rebecca Knox do. I know she is very talented and look forward to see how they change her gimmick. As for the match it wasn't much with the BFFs turning their backs on summer and Becky does a Irish Jig because some agent probably tell her every second to do a jig. Neville vs. RVD was good but the highlight of the match was Breeze on commentary.

Having like a job and kids and shot, I also haven't seen much if any KENTA or Devitt before the past couple of weeks. I'm starting to think that makes me a bad wrestling fan. I've literally seen a 3 minute run in by Finn Bālor and now can't wait to see him squash the midget Road Warriors at the next Takeover. This dude carries himself like a star.

Also, if God is a wrestling fan, he'll make Bayley the Sting of NXT and have Charlotte turn on her. I would much rather those to go against each other than team up.

NXT is such a good show.

If they turn Neville and not Zayn I think it'll be a lost opportunity. I really really want to see them try Zayn out as a heel before he goes to the main roster, I think he has it in him to be an incredible heel. It'd be even better if they use Steen as the devil on his shoulder or something to facilitate the heel turn at the next special. Maybe have Steen be a Kevin Sullivan type figure or something like that.

I think either guy would do well as a heel, and I'd love to see both of them get a shot at it at some point. I love it when guys can use cool moves and still be hated heels, as Seth Rollins has done recently.

This time around, I think it'll be Neville, since he's pretty much exhausted as a face. He's been dominant all year with an upstanding "take on all comers" attitude, booking that is actually becoming of a champion. There's not much left for him to do except fight Sami, whereas Sami's face run still has a lot left. He still needs a major triumphant victory, then he can go into the ace phase Neville has been in without feeling stale at all.

The more you guys talk about it, the more I see Zayn turning heel by cheating to win and Neville winds up being shocked because he didn't see that coming.

That's exactly how Hennig-Bockwinkel played out. Bockwinkel knew the kid was a legit threat but the last thing he expected was Curt to sock him with a roll of quarters. 

Yep. Corbin should just totally rip off Sid and fist bump people for 5 minutes before squashing someone with a powerbomb.

Assuming Itami has reclaimed the Busaiku*, what moves should we expect from Balor? Is he more submission, strike or grapple based?

I really hope he isnt using the top rope foot stomp. I hate that move with a passion.

*IF Itami is going to use it full time it's another nail in the "Bryan won't be coming back" coffin. Dammit...

Devitt's mostly a grappler/kicks guy with some high flying too. The foot stomp was one of his signature moves, so it may end up being his finisher. As a near fall spot, he also used the reverse lifting DDT that Golddust/Dvon used to do. I can see that being his finisher. I can't see the WWE letting him use his Bloody Sunday finish. It's a cross between a DDT and a Brainbuster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZGknIsXWwQ