DVDVR Message Board

NXT SEASON 8 THREAD

RIPPA

Sami's the best storyteller in wrestling. EVERYONE comes off better working with him. It's absolutely ridiculous. I think he's the best in the world right now. His interviews and out-of-ring work coincide amazingly well with his in-ring stories. I can't remember the last time someone was able to really parallel those two together.

Eddie Guerrero?

Ive said it before and ill say it again: Its mind blowing how good Zayn is when you remember that he spent almost all of his indy career under a mask.

Eddie's the right answer.

Even with all this build up would it be surprising if Neville won clean? If Sami is just the every man, wouldn't it be fitting if the every man finds out that no matter what there's still someone better than him.

Then the Sami heel turn comes when he doesn't live up to his own stipulation

Great thing about this upcoming title match is that it could REALISTICALLY go in any one of several different directions:  Neville wins clean, Zayn wins clean, Neville wins dirty, Zayn wins dirty, Kevin Owens interferes one way or the other, etc.

Sure beats the usual format of all the buildup pointing to one outcome, then SWERVE~! it goes in the other direction because YOU SMARKZ DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING~!, followed by a week of "I don't owe you an explanation" promos while the crack writing team figures out an explanation.

• Like 2

I asked around and that was just a tryout for Yim.  I was kinda excited to see her.  That Zayn promo was out of the fuckin park.  Can't wait for the special next week.

A few female wrestlers from around the Florida area have had matches on NXT lately. Pretty cool. Gives the women enhancement matches.

Yeah, they're kind of fucking up Bayley's big sympathy angle by trying to get themselves over.

Goddamn that Kevin Owens vignette was beautiful.

I think this is the first show with a main event interview that I felt like the show ended the right way

You people need to stop using the IE when talking about EDDY. FUCK.

• Like 4

Bull Dempsey needs an 80s WWF style gimmick STAT.  My pitch is an overweight disgruntled IT guy who just lost his job due to downsizing and relocation of tech support to India.  He tried to work on the Geek Squad at Best Buy, but his anger management issues made it a bad fit.  He has been job hunting for a while, but his temper always gets in the way.  The last headhunter he used suggested he become a pro wrestle.  Bull became even more disgruntled when he found out that was not a profession that existed anymore and became a sports entertainer.  

Those Kevin Owens videos are amazing. Maybe 4 minutes of total running time and we know everything we need to know about him coming in. He does this for his family. He does this because it's all he's good at. He came up with this current crop of stars and is finally getting his shot. He has no back up plan. I'm on board and it didn't like 35 minutes of Raw promo time. 

• Like 1

Bull's singlet is a tribute to Taz according to some interview on WWE.com a while back.  It looks really shitty on him though.  I kind of want him and Mojo to come up to Raw and just get destroyed by the crowd.

They would be a fantastic jobber team for the Steiners to eat in 1993.

• Like 1

Shoot, you could put a black mask with red trim on Bull and then stick another big dude with long hair and rough features with him and call them Tex Slazenger Jr. and Shanghai Pierce's bastard son, Laredo Pierce.

That would immediately be my favorite tag team in the company.