DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 7/18/14

victor

Doesn't seem like much of a show.

* SmackDown kicks off with Dean Ambrose in the ring. He's pissed off and talks about Randy Orton, Kane and Seth Rollins beating him down on RAW. Ambrose wants revenge tonight. 

* Alberto Del Rio defeated Kofi Kingston. 

* Alicia Fox vs. Eva Marie with Nikki Bella as special referee ends in a no contest when they both attack Nikki. 

* Chris Jericho comes out and cuts a promo on The Wyatt Family. Jericho vs. Luke Harper is next. This was said to be a great back and forth match. Harper nailed a big powerbomb at one point but Jericho kicked out. Jericho put Harper in the Walls of Jericho but Erick Rowan interfered and then Bray Wyatt interfered. The Usos ran out to make the save. 

* Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter come out to a nice reception for an in-ring segment. They're interrupted by Lana and Rusev for another anti-American promo. 

* Dolph Ziggler and Sheamus vs. Fandango and The Miz is next. Ziggler and Sheamus get the win after a solid tag team match. 

* AJ Lee and Paige defeated Layla and Summer Rae when AJ made Summer tap. 

* Dean Ambrose vs. Kane is the main event. It ends when Seth Rollins attacks Ambrose. Kane brings in steel steps and chokeslams Ambrose. Rollins hits a stomp on top of the steps. This is apparently where SmackDown ended. Roman Reigns ran out for the save but we're not sure if it was part of the dark main event or not.

It's only bad if Ambrose doesn't beat Rollins at Battleground, which I'm sure he will since Rollins is due for some post-MITB jobs.

Although realistically, it's only marginally worse if Ambrose loses, because I doubt there's any significant plans for him after the Rollins feud is done either way. Best case scenario, he's probably feuding with Cesaro over the IC.

It's only bad if Ambrose doesn't beat Rollins at Battleground, which I'm sure he will since Rollins is due for some post-MITB jobs.

Although realistically, it's only marginally worse if Ambrose loses, because I doubt there's any significant plans for him after the Rollins feud is done either way. Best case scenario, he's probably feuding with Cesaro over the IC.

Knowing the WWE, Rollins will win at Battleground. Basically they'll have Ambrose spin his tires in the mud for a few months like they've done with so many others in the last few years.

What's that definition of insanity again?

Being a wrestling fan.

You're thinking of Narcissistic Dissociative Disorder.

Yes I'm binge-watching HANNIBAL.

And No I don't know what any of those words mean.

Wait.....Shouldn't Dean be more pissed that Cena and Roman held hands and watched his ass kicking.

For some reason, this made me think of The Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe. Oh God, what I wouldn't give to have Dean take on everybody.

Harper-Jericho and the wacky mid-card tag match were fun and given time, but the rest of the show was just kinda there. I do love Seth-Dean being positioned as a big match - with the IC Title deal feeling like the A story on Raw, the WWE Title match actually feels secondary on the PPV.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/07/wwe-sd-7-18-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/hhv39jpsez3opriw1ig78bq7t1gtbn8s

Couldn't help but notice Jericho's nasty facial bruising had all gone by the end of his match. Who knew just touching Luke Harper could cure this?

I also enjoyed how the Swagger/Rusev segment degenerated to "which of us can wave our flag most aggressively"

• Like 1

I have zero interest in Jericho and the reek of the late '90s he brings with him. And Kofi just needs to go join Circue du Soleil already. Because there's a replay the next day or two on Mun2, I fell asleep before the main voluntarily this time.

Harper is great. I still wish the "Family" would expand a little bit. I listened to Austin's podcast a little while ago (pretty much catching up to his podcasts while commuting to work) and the fact he suggested Chris Hero to be part of The Wyatts. It made so much sense...

• Like 1

Harper is great. I still wish the "Family" would expand a little bit. I listened to Austin's podcast a little while ago (pretty much catching up to his podcasts while commuting to work) and the fact he suggested Chris Hero to be part of The Wyatts. It made so much sense...

I definitely recall seeing it mentioned here about Hero being added to the Wyatts and I've said it as well. I feel like an additional member or two would freshen the act up a bit. I was disappointed Audrey Marie was released before the Wyatts were called up. I'd like to see a female member of the family. Maybe have Emma be lured in by Bray's charisma and listen to his message as Bray feeds her massive quantities of LSD, as she also is used a sex object by Bray, Harper, and Rowan.

They're not worried about the TV standards of PG programming that's the issue, it's Hasbro's standards of what they want from their licensees.

Heh, I wish it were Hasbro doing the WWE toys. Mattel are terrible and have generally always been.

Though the Intellivision had some fine games once you got past the crap controller...

I too miss the Hasbro figures. Simple and to the point. I feel like the figures they make now are too over complicated . With the removable knee pads and shirts and the like. Gimme a guy with spring loaded punching and an inability to bend his legs