DVDVR Message Board

Yes, yes, yes... BETA RAY BILL, MATT!

(Also, where the fuck is Fin Fang Foom already?)

I'm all on board with Avengers 3 opening with a Fin Fang Doom fight.

Actually, Fing Fang Foom was alluded to in IM3. That was the ink Killian had on his body.

• Like 1

Yes, yes, yes... BETA RAY BILL, MATT!

(Also, where the fuck is Fin Fang Foom already?)

I'm all on board with Avengers 3 opening with a Fin Fang Doom fight.

Actually, Fing Fang Foom was alluded to in IM3. That was the ink Killian had on his body.

I thought I was the only guy who noticed that.

You know who hasn't gotten a decent share of props, and who I keep coming back to in my mind? Michael Rooker's Yondu. I found myself grinning like a fool every time he'd utter a word. His flummoxing of the shopkeeper was my favorite "little thing" about the film.

• Like 1

First of all, Bald Bombshell's sig is fucking awesome (the part in spoiler tags)

I've been obsessing a bit about GOTG, but do not read comics.  I definitely feel like I'm "that guy" who all of a sudden wants to delve into the GOTG comics, but don't know where to start.  The guy at the comic shop suggested the prelude GOTG book, which could work.  But I also see comics for Starlord, Rocket and I think one other.  If I wanted to read the whole story, would I be missing out if I just go with the prelude?  Or are the other comics necessary?  And how far back do they go?  Could use some help on this.  Thanks.

For what it's worth, flippiing through the prelude I noticed Rocket apparently had/has a love interest of some sort.  I'd be up for seeing somebody play her for the second movie.  Unless of course she died and I don't know that.

If your interest is purely in the Guardians read Annihilation Conquest, Guardians of the Galaxy by Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning, & Thanos Imperative. If you want to read more (which I would suggest as its all pretty damn good) check out Annihilation, Nova, & War of Kings as well.

I think it's best I keep it mainly with Guardians.  If I can get through everything then I can see going further, but it's best to keep with Guardians.  I'll see how I fare with them first (and how my wallet fares as well)  Thanks.

EDIT:  Saw the picture above.  Awwwwwwwwww, that's just adorable!  Not even going to hide it, I love that.  Speaking of which, Tumblr had a field day with Groot and there's some lovely gems.  And then there's this:  http://www.slashgear.com/dancing-groot-potted-plant-toy-a-real-possibility-04339704/

Tell me you wouldn't want this.  Make it in time for Christmas and they'll sell like nobody's business:

tumblr_n9sukh6TMW1ra0hj3o1_1280-1-600x45

Make it move in response to music, I'll buy 100.

According to the article they're hoping that's the case.  Either way, I will gladly part with my money for that.

How the fuck have I only seen this once in a week?  I need to see this again ASAP.  I definitely get how people say this is the new Star Wars.  I like the Star Wars franchise, but I am gravitating much more to GOTG than anything else.  I will buy damn near anything that looks good from it.

Speaking of Star Wars:

guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-wars-poster

Went to see it last night. I went in with no expectations and have absolutely no knowledge of the characters and thought it was pretty damn entertaining. Its not my favorite comic book movie ever but it is one of the most enjoyable. Add me to the list of people who thought it would pull average at best numbers but is pleasantly surprised. In the past 2 movies Marvel have taken characters i didn't really care for (Captain America) and ones I've never even heard of (Guardians) and turned out 2 of their best films.

I love a good list, and i'll adopt the tier system too since there's so many of these damn films now.

The Great:

1. Avengers Assemble

2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

3. Guardians of the Galaxy

The Good:

4. Iron Man

The Decent:

5. Thor: The Dark World

6. Thor

7. The Incredible Hulk

8. Iron Man 2

The Bad:

9. Captain America: The First Avenger

10. Iron Man 3

Son, just don't. Don't act like Captain America would have won that battle.

He would have. Quite handidly. That's why WB blinked.

Can we get a wager on domestic gross? There needs to be something I can look forward to for the next year and a half. I want some sort of resolution to whatever is going on here.

Son, just don't. Don't act like Captain America would have won that battle.

He would have. Quite handidly. That's why WB blinked.

There's no way Captain America would have beat Batman and Superman.

Maybe took a slice of the pie but won? Nah.

People have been waiting to see Batman and Superman on screen forever. What was everyone talking about post Comic Con?