DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I read an interview with Ed Wiskowski talking about how Buddy Rose would routinely beat Rick Martel in foot races. Does that make him Flash? 

Billy Gunn also claimed he beat the Rock in a foot race while wearing cowboy boots. Given his friendship with HHH, I'd say he's a better Flash.

Barry Allen Flash. Xpac can be Wally West.

I read an interview with Ed Wiskowski talking about how Buddy Rose would routinely beat Rick Martel in foot races. Does that make him Flash? 

In the words of Tommy Lee Jones from the movie Cobb...

He ran well for a fat man.

I'm not sure that this is the right thread for this, but I was thinking about this at work earlier, and wanted to run it by you guys. It might even be too early for this kind of thinking, but:

Years from now, does this WM get overshadowed by Warrior's death? Granted, it was a couple days afterward, but I can't help but feel that the two things will be forever associated. But on the other hand, we got some HUGE moments with Hogan/Rock/Austin's promo, Bryan's wins, the streak ending, Cesaro's possible ascension, and some of the further events on Monday.

Based off the reaction in some parts of the internet, WMXXX will always be remembered for the end of The Streak. Usually that is what some of the dumbass wrestling fans said before mentioning Warrior's death. The stock drop 5 dollars, Warrior's death, and anything else that happens during this week will all be considered as the fallout from Mania XXX and interesting side stories while talking about Mania XXX.

Am I wrong in thinking a biopic of Warrior would make a great movie?

I've always thought several wrestlers' life stories would make great movies and was kinda hoping the critical success of The Wrestler would've convinced Hollywood to greenlight one or two. Warrior and Sting, Foley, Andre, Hogan, Bruno...

Heck, even a Flair biopic would be great as long as it was done in the same style as The Wolf Of Wall Street  

• Like 2