DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

Carrying over from the PPV.  Is anyone else getting constant shockwave crashes whenever they try to watch anything on the network?

I have the latest version installed and it's driving me crazy.  Live stream, VOD whatever.  It's pretty constant.

I was having them. I installed Adobe Flash for chrome manually, then typed "chrome://plugins/" into the address bar and disabled the flash player that says "PepperFlash" in the location (make sure to click on "details at the top to see which is which). It worked flawlessly after that. Very annoying though.

ha. Did that.  That leads to a really specific new problem that I can't figure out.  Once I disable that "Pepper" thing, when I try to use chromecast, there is no sound from the t.v.  Somehow that plugin is needed or you only get sound from the laptop.

Fucking bizarre.  But maybe this will at least make it stable to just watch on my laptop.

• 2 weeks later...

How much WWF TV from 1989-1994 is available on the Network?   I know they haven't put up much territory footage and apparently not a lot of WCW apart from the PPV and Clashes.  I'm mostly interested in tv from 1988-1994 or so.  The early RAW eps are up, obviously.  What about Primetime and Superstars of Wrestling?

Until they got hired by WCW, how many people were even aware Russo and Ferrara existed? I'm legitimately asking since I wasn't really too deep into internet wrestling news at the time. From stuff that I've read, didn't people seem to (incorrectly) think Shane McMahon was a major catalyst behind the Attitude Era? That angle with Bagwell seems like just another example of Russo assuming people were 'smarter' than they actually were, similar to how he purposefully wore his SF Giants jersey when he cut the Bash at the Beach 2000 promo so that people would know it was a shoot, bro.

Russo was definitely known and talked up as the main force behind the Attitude era stuff among us smarky types. Ferrara to a lesser extent. He was the Boo Boo to Russo's Yogi if you wiiiill.

I assume, given what we know now about Russo, that much of that talk was being leaked by him.

Russo was definitely known and talked up as the main force behind the Attitude era stuff among us smarky types. Ferrara to a lesser extent. He was the Boo Boo to Russo's Yogi if you wiiiill.

I assume, given what we know now about Russo, that much of that talk was being leaked by him.

I'll take your word for it, but I'm old enough to have watched both WCW and WWF all through the 90's and I had no idea who Russo was until he went to WCW and the "he booked the Attitude Era.  He will save WCW!" stuff started.  I don't recall being aware of Ferrara until he went onscreen as "Oklahoma".

To be fair, I don't remember if I visited any wrestling websites back then,  Probably not.  Even today, I get almost all current wrestling news from this site (the only other wrestling site i visit is Kayfabe Memories).

Rogers apparently signed a new 10 year tv/multimedia deal wih wwe in canada

When Rogers made their tv deal with the NHL, the Rogers-owned sports radio station was talking about virtually nothing all day other than that deal.  Wondering if this one will get anywhere near that level of coverage.

I presume tim and sid will be only show that discusses it.

But sid is filling in for mccown so maybe he brings it up on PTS., esp if Ken Reid is co-host, since Reid is always dropping wrestling references.

Also wondering if that deal means the days of being able to watch WWE PPVs in movie theatres in Ontario are over.

I presume tim and sid will be only show that discusses it.

But sid is filling in for mccown so maybe he brings it up on PTS., esp if Ken Reid is co-host, since Reid is always dropping wrestling references.

I doubt I'll be able to tolerate Jeff Blair long enough to find out whether he's talking about it.

The partnership facilitates the launch of WWE Network as a traditional a-la-carte Pay-TV channel in Rogers’ cable systems with a preview beginning August 12 and thereafter through other Pay-TV providers outside Rogers’ footprint.

This implies that eventually the Network will be offered by providers other than Rogers.

Still shitty news for cord cutters though. 

128K cancelled, with 161K new subscriptions.

It's below where they wanted to be, but stock market people are dumb, so the WWE beating the loss prediction by a drop in the bucket means the stock is now up around 10% this morning.

Far as retention rate for a new service, 87% is pretty damn good.  Course, since its not in that Million range, stockholders are gonna shit, and the people that want to see the Network fail for whatever reason are gonna do dances and start a deathpool.

But 700k for a new service after 6 months  is pretty damn good, looking realistically.

I think the 161K add is good and would have put them at about 825K which is about where they should have been if they were realistically going to make their year-end projection.

Losing 128K when technically you signed a commitment and you're not even supposed to be allowed to cancel for another month or so is bad.  And it could be even worse when the actual six months come up as to how many more then leave.

The fact that the international launch is soon, they're addressing issues with the Network pricing, and that the stock price didn't collapse (in fact it went up,) I think WWE is coming out of this fine.

The 128K loss would be the people not ticking the auto-renew box since the 6 months from launch ends this week (if you count people that went for the free week first).  So that's fine, and somewhat expected.  And out of those 128K, I'd say half are people dissastified with the current product, the rest are being entitled children pissed that everything they want hasn't been put up yet (Nitro's, more WCCW, more ECW TV, etc).  So all and all, the number is about right for something with a 6 month commitment.