DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-17-14

MGFanJay

I think a perfect blow off to Shield/Wyatts would be Extreme Rules. EC match, Wyatts and Shield do their own thing at Mania (not interacting with each other), and then rekindle their problems leading into ER. If WWE really wants The Shield to implode, I believe ER would be the correct environment ( Shield loses, Ambrose snaps on EVERYONE after the match).

I don't feel too bad for Christian and I'm his biggest fan on the board. He's maybe the best pure babyface in the company (maybe second after Dustin) but it's a bit of a stretch that he's playing this role now, just like it was kind of quizzical that he received the Summerslam match vs ADR. I think there's been talk about him leaving later this year when his contract runs up so this is sort of a last focused run near the top. He can work the crowd and despite the injuries can still hang as the Orton and Bryan matches have shown, not to mention that he's a top 5 in match layout pretty easily, I'd say. 

I think it's great that he's here at all. Even if he gets taken out of the chamber by Brock or Kane or what not, at least he's been focused in big matches that have gotten a lot of time this month. Last night his targeted arm offense was awesome, especially the tornado single arm DDT variation and the counter to the headbutt. 

• Like 1

Cena to Cesaro: "When you beat Randy Orton, it was the biggest win of your career. But for me...it was Monday."

Now I'm a WWE 'apologist' and all but that is some horse plop.  Like it would work if this was Triple H talking because that would fit his character but for Cena to say that?  That is totally wrong for the character and diminishes EVERYONE.  It makes Cesaro look worse (because he ONLY beat Orton).  It makes Orton look worse (because he only beat ORTON).  It even makes Cena look worse!  Because if it was so simple to beat Orton, why didn't he take the belts off him already?  Like for a RIc Flair to be all 'to be the baddest dog in the yard, you win night in and night out, one win don't make you Muhammed Ali, son" that makes sense.  Cena shouldn't be acting that way.  

Awful, awful line.

Thought it was funny that they talked about Orton having the least momentum going into the Chamber since he lost most of the "gauntlet" matches.  Um...how about the guy Orton DID beat...and who lost the fall to the Shield last Friday, lost to Bryan on Raw, and will need a minor miracle to beat Sheamus on SD?  :)

'Tis okay.  I should know better than to open my mouth any more.

Man, if only Cesaro came off the ropes after that flip out of the AA with his roaring uppercut and into the Neutralizer for the win.

If only...

...GAH WHY DIDN'T THAT HAPPEN.

My guess: they're saving it for the EC. Think of the reaction if they start the EC off and Cesaro pins him with it right away.

Funnily enough - Pete claims there was a Batista "Boo This Man" sign on RAW last night

Yep. During the Shield's entrance for Reigns/Henry.

Funnily enough - Pete claims there was a Batista "Boo This Man" sign on RAW last night

There indeed was. Right smack dab in the middle of the screen when I believe the Shield made their entrance. It was awesome.

I really can't get over how good that Cena vs Cesaro match was. The constant teasing of the giant spin was awesome. On that third try I was jumping up out of my seat and I can't count the number of times my jaw hit the floor. That may be up there with my favorite matches of all time, or at least it's in the top 10. And the finish, oh lordbers that finish. The AA has become a move where the setup is so vanilla, but that was a good twist on it.

It's so awesome to see how unbelievably hot Cesaro is right now. It ain't just the "smarks" anymore.

We're gonna see combinations of Bryan, Cesaro, Reigns, and Wyatt main eventing Wrestlemanias 32-36ish. The future looks bright.

Only if they're part timers/have summer blockbusters coming out.

• Like 2