DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-17-14

MGFanJay

I wanted Cesaro to win, but there is a reason that beating Cena clean is so special. I am happy to see Cesaro's star presence really take off in the last few weeks. He has always had the in-ring ability, but seemed to lack the "it" factor that top of the card guys possess. He has found that, and major credit to Zeb for helping Cesaro find his voice while staying himself.

Seriously, doing that superplexesque spot on a guy Cena's size is just fucking insane.

And Cena was all "hey, you fuckers all forget I'm absurdly strong too?" and then he nearly murdered Claudio with the hardest clothesline he's thrown since the first Rock match, and then we got another insanely awesome finish just like we did Friday and...

God damn that was great.

Cesaro couldn't have done it without Cena's help, but you're out of your mind if you think every bit of that lift was Cena. If you've still got the footage stored, you can see that when he initially does the move you can see the full shot from behind Cena on the Titantron between Cesaro's legs. Cena doesn't even get a full knee-bend in before leaping. Quite a bit of Cena's weight was on Cesaro's shoulders via Cena's left arm.

Cena also used the ropes to propel himself up, but I was thinking about this and even with Cena's limited help, he's still lifting a 250lb? guy over the top rope, over his head, from the floor - WHILE STANDING ON THE ROPES HIMSELF. Think of the balancing act. I don't think I could lift Cena above my head if he had handles and was lying on the floor.

A few months ago someone on here pitched the idea of an aging superstar gimmick. Someone who could job to lower guys some nights, but also might win the big one from time to time. I think that is Christian's current role. 

He's basically been in Tito Santana's '90s role since returning, albeit with way more upward mobility, and an occasional main event run. It's probably the best role for him now since he's been on the DL a lot since his 2009 return - all of those TLC and ladder matches are definitely catching up with him.

A few months ago someone on here pitched the idea of an aging superstar gimmick. Someone who could job to lower guys some nights, but also might win the big one from time to time. I think that is Christian's current role. 

He's basically been in Tito Santana's '90s role since returning, albeit with way more upward mobility, and an occasional main event run. It's probably the best role for him now since he's been on the DL a lot since his 2009 return - all of those TLC and ladder matches are definitely catching up with him.

I still think he'd be good in a tag role.

Well, I've come to the party late as I recorded Raw and only sat down with it last night. While there was a lot of fast forward material, the pay offs were still there.

Bryan vs. Christian was a fun opener. Christian really seems to be working his ass off to make his last (probably) major run good and he's doing it where he has opportunity to do so.

Batista, just go home. You're not the Rock, you're not in ring shape, and all the HHH buddy time in the world is making anyone give a shit about you.

Strangley, I don't hate seeing Sheamus in the ring. He does need to shut up, but working snug with Randy "the least interestiing" Orton is entertaining enough.

The Shield continues to entertain the shit out of me and, in a world where the WWE was good at booking teams breaking up, all three would be positioned to be the leaders of the company.

Cesaro vs. Cena was off the hook great. Cesaro and Reigns or Ambrose at Mania 32 or 33 is a delightful thought.

I think Christian isn't going to stick around whenever his contract is up. Everything I ever read about him says the creative team doesn't like him because he always complains when they don't have anything for him. Which is like...always.

With all of the Cesaro and Miz talk, it isn't surprising that Miz had his last really good matches with Cesaro. Before Cesaro, it was Jerry Lawler. You can have a top to bottom awesome roster and still have some useless guys sticking around like Miz. Even 1986 NWA had guys like Teijo Khan. 

• Like 2

Enjoy:

Antonio_Cesaro_vs_John_Cena_1.gif

Antonio_Cesaro_vs_John_Cena__2.gif

The best setup for the AA ever. I took it as Cena needing to bust out something different to trick Cesaro since everything else was scouted.

That oklahoma roll AA might have been the first time I ever legit popped for Cena.

Enjoy:

Antonio_Cesaro_vs_John_Cena__2.gif

The best setup for the AA ever. I took it as Cena needing to bust out something different to trick Cesaro since everything else was scouted.

That oklahoma roll AA might have been the first time I ever legit popped for Cena.

Imagine you saw that happen and the first thing you did was get on twitter and whine about Cena winning?

Wrestling fans are an abomination.

• Like 2