DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

You guys should read the observer part about Dbrine crying and crying on the radio about how he was used and then saying the company was moving forward with something called the Yes! Movement

And that it was an idea the Bellas had.

You're all getting worked by a Bella twin idea.

Time to reevaluate some shit, gents

You should actually listen to the radio interview before making up stuff about how he was behaving.  I don't think any single moment can be construed as "crying."  He does his job the best that he can, and if he gets the glory, great.  If he doesn't, oh well.  I don't think he gives nearly the shit that 90% of us bitching about it do.

But yeah, he mentioned that his fiancee came up with the YesMovement, then was surprised that his merchandise suddenly had that hashtag on it.  So it's definitely a WWE-supported campaign.

Shit, it just occurred to me that this is how WWE is finally going to kill Bryan off once and for all. Bad booking won't do it, so they're going to start co-signing the YES stuff with their "YES Movement" merchandise and whatnot. Probably make a YES MOVEMENT Facebook page and push it on TV every other segment where kids can sign up and "join the movement." Generally just  make it uncool to keep doing that stuff. It's fun to do stuff like that and that Fandango dance when it's organic and fan-made, but when WWE starts pushing it down your throat and giving you t-shirts and saying "Hey guys, come on, chant YES along with us! Isn't this great?!!?" it gets to be like, "ehh.. we'll pass."

Genius.

What works better, Stephanie turning on HHH to back Daniel Bryan and be in his corner, or HHH backing Bryan? Or, to put it another way, who would make it less cool to chant along if they tried leading "Yes" chants?

You guys should read the observer part about Dbrine crying and crying on the radio about how he was used and then saying the company was moving forward with something called the Yes! Movement

And that it was an idea the Bellas had.

You're all getting worked by a Bella twin idea.

Time to reevaluate some shit, gents

You should actually listen to the radio interview before making up stuff about how he was behaving.  I don't think any single moment can be construed as "crying."  He does his job the best that he can, and if he gets the glory, great.  If he doesn't, oh well.  I don't think he gives nearly the shit that 90% of us bitching about it do.

But yeah, he mentioned that his fiancee came up with the YesMovement, then was surprised that his merchandise suddenly had that hashtag on it.  So it's definitely a WWE-supported campaign.

Shit, it just occurred to me that this is how WWE is finally going to kill Bryan off once and for all. Bad booking won't do it, so they're going to start co-signing the YES stuff with their "YES Movement" merchandise and whatnot. Probably make a YES MOVEMENT Facebook page and push it on TV every other segment where kids can sign up and "join the movement." Generally just  make it uncool to keep doing that stuff. It's fun to do stuff like that and that Fandango dance when it's organic and fan-made, but when WWE starts pushing it down your throat and giving you t-shirts and saying "Hey guys, come on, chant YES along with us! Isn't this great?!!?" it gets to be like, "ehh.. we'll pass."

Genius.

What works better, Stephanie turning on HHH to back Daniel Bryan and be in his corner, or HHH backing Bryan? Or, to put it another way, who would make it less cool to chant along if they tried leading "Yes" chants?

There will be a RAW segment within the next calender year where either Stephanie or Vince are in the ring leading the YES chants with Daniel Bryan. I would bet my life on this.

Stephanie would make it less cool. No doubt.

So now our official position is to root against Bryan to facilitate the rioting and destruction of the rapture?

We're like Kirk Cameron.

Maybe you are. *hiss*

There will be a RAW segment within the next calender year where either Stephanie or Vince are in the ring leading the YES chants with Daniel Bryan. I would bet my life on this.

well, it wouldn't totally floor me if they just turn Punk heel again and put him against Bryan for awhile

Man, Cleveland has got to be the worst fucking city ever at trying to chant in unison during a wrestling show. I think out of about 20 attempts, the only chants they've been able to execute all together tonight have been "YES" (and they screwed up half of those) and "JBL".

• Like 2

well, it wouldn't totally floor me if they just turn Punk heel again and put him against Bryan for awhile

One of my Wrestlemania ending ideas is CM Punk, having defeated HHH earlier in the show, coming out to congratulate champion Daniel Bryan, raising arms triumphantly and hugging before Punk turns on Bryan and beats him down.

One of my Wrestlemania ending ideas is CM Punk, having defeated HHH earlier in the show, coming out to congratulate champion Daniel Bryan, raising arms triumphantly and hugging before Punk turns on Bryan and beats him down.

i'm down for this. the best feel-good moment was WM XX, so a decade later works very well time-wise.

i'm down for this. the best feel-good moment was WM XX, so a decade later works very well time-wise.

But I'm not sure if WWE wants to remind people of the WMXX ending...

• Like 1