DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers - 13 Dec 2013

Dolfan in NYC

These come from Cageside Seats - I apologize in advance.

- Daniel Bryan opened the show by defeating Erick Rowan via disqualification thanks to a run-in from Bray Wyatt. In the end, Bryan stood tall after laying Wyatt out with his flying knee, which could be a bad sign considering go home history and what not.

- Real Americans def. Cody Rhodes & Goldust in a non-title match, making them the second team in a few weeks to do that. I suppose that's the way WWE likes to establish contenders to titles but it's awful.

- Mark Henry def. Damien Sandow via count out when Sandow did the heel walkout finish.

- AJ Lee & Tamina Snuka def. Bella Twins with Natalya on commentary. The Divas division has no clear direction despite having its own show on the E! channel. That says so much.

- John Cena got some promo time but he couldn't come close to matching what he did onRaw.

- The Shield def. The Usos in a straight tag team match. After, CM Punk cut a promo from the Titantron promising the same thing he has for a couple weeks now: he knows he'll be going down at TLC, but he's taking some Shield members with him.

- Big Show def. Ryback in a squash. Rey Mysterio was alongside Show and he took out Curtis Axel. So it appears Show and Mysterio are a team now.

- Alberto Del Rio was set to work a match with Kofi Kingston but to protect him, The Miz was booked to run out and hit Kofi with the Skull Crushing Finale.

- The last segment before TLC features Randy Orton apologizing to Triple H. The apology is accepted, but just this once. Condescending attitude from "The Game" to "The Viper" and Orton played up how much he hated being in his position.

So the advertised TLC card is just 

Orton v. Cena TLC

The Shield v. CM Punk

The Wyatts v. Daniel Bryan

Big E. Langston v. Damien Sandow

AJ v. Natalya

And that's it.  No other gimmick matches?  I remember TLC always having a TLC match, a ladder match, a table match, and a chair match.  And the  gimmicks will be wasted on Orton and Cena, who we know won't take any big bumps.  

I guess they might have a tag match added -- Goldust and Cody v. Cesaro / Swagger.  

I guess we're talking about a one-match show.

• Like 1

Orton v. Cena TLC

The Shield v. CM Punk

AJ v. Natalya

And that's it.  No other gimmick matches?  I remember TLC always having a TLC match, a ladder match, a table match, and a chair match.  And the  gimmicks will be wasted on Orton and Cena, who we know won't take any big bumps.  

I guess they might have a tag match added -- Goldust and Cody v. Cesaro / Swagger.  

This card and my butt, AMIRITE?

• Like 2

I was there live last night. I had a fun time. Daniel Bryan was super over two Yes chants broke out before the tapings even began. And there was a Yes chant and a Daniel Bryan chant during the final segment but both Trips and Orton no sold it.

Orton v. Cena TLC

The Shield v. CM Punk

AJ v. Natalya

Don't forget the pre-show, Ziggler vs. Fandango.

I do not get emotionally drawn into things like some of you guys do, still, but I am wary about this fatal four way tag match. It's like this: so long as Dustin is a tag champ, he almost has to be featured. The second he loses that belt, his presence on weekly TV is in jeopardy. In a fatal four way, his team doesn't even need to get pinned!

• Like 1

- Real Americans def. Cody Rhodes & Goldust in a non-title match, making them the second team in a few weeks to do that. I suppose that's the way WWE likes to establish contenders to titles but it's awful.

Wait, was this supposed to be a secret?  Oh noes!  The WWE's booking strategy has been uncovered!  To throw off the marks, the company is going to have to do something radical like.... I dunno.... consistently put contenders over so fans think they might win when they're put into title feuds.

Wait, was this supposed to be a secret?  Oh noes!  The WWE's booking strategy has been uncovered!  To throw off the marks, the company is going to have to do something radical like.... I dunno.... consistently put contenders over so fans think they might win when they're put into title feuds.

The non title matches are stupid. It devalues the belts and makes the champions look weak. 

The fact they do not declare them non title until the match is over does not help. That is deathbed WCW shit. 

• Like 2

The most impressive thing about Tazz was how over he was no matter how he was pushed. It is more note worthy now after seeing so many guys destroyed by terrible booking. 

Ryback never got the reactions Bryan has on average. He was really over at one point and I think Punk really helped him along. Both as a character and an in ring work guy. 

The possible Warrior spot you guys are saying Ryback should have is reserved for Roman Reigns and Big E Langston, thank you.

As well it should be.

Ran out of likes but always thought that Punk/Vince segment was really well done and the peak of Ryback's momentum.. surprisingly strong follow up to the initial staring down Punk after saving Foley bit. Totally got a face Nikita Koloff vibe at the time. Even thought HIAC was okay with the post-match stuff, great closing visual of Ryback standing tall atop the cell.

Some monsters are going to be Berserker and Warlord, and some of them are going to be Yokozuna and Goldberg.

Ryback is our Warlord. I'm pretty ok with that.

The Warlord had a staff with a W and a Phantom of the Opera mask. Ryback has nothing on that.

• Like 1

Some monsters are going to be Berserker and Warlord, and some of them are going to be Yokozuna and Goldberg.

Ryback is our Warlord. I'm pretty ok with that.

The Warlord had a staff with a W and a Phantom of the Opera mask. Ryback has nothing on that.

BIG GUY/BIG TRAPS/BIG CHECKS text on his singlet comes close.

Perfectly fine show. None of the matches were bad, although the ending deal with Orton and HHH can be thankfully skipped over without losing anything.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/12/wwe-sd-12-13-13.html

Screens -

141ab7294843171.jpg

9a58ef294843189.jpg

9da439294843212.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/wmdjxnm225nn3ydo7h7lijzlqn1acm08