DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 3/13 - 3/19/2024 - Takin' Care of Business

taking-care-of-business-no-talking.gif

Okay fine... 

GIeNCRoWAAAs96E?format=jpg&name=large

...and workin' over time... work out....  *Bachman guitar solo*

Also, if someone debuts, as expected... next week's title is already decided.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I would have gone with Mighty Mighty Bo$$Time.

*I like their music. I don't share the same views as Dickey Barrett. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would have gone with Mighty Mighty Bo$$Time.

*I like their music. I don't share the same views as Dickey Barrett. 

There's still like a 2% chance she shows up in April to put Bayley over the top.  Until she's on TV, she's not officially in.  

And hoo boy do I regret Googling Mr. Barrett.  But I guess giving up his friends and bandmates over something, like that,  is his idea of being punk or at least that's the impression that I get.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

taking-care-of-business-no-talking.gif

Okay fine... 

GIeNCRoWAAAs96E?format=jpg&name=large

...and workin' over time... work out....  *Bachman guitar solo*

Also, if someone debuts, as expected... next week's title is already decided.

I hope you’re still feeling Randy come Winnipeg. The catalog is deep especially when you bring Cummings into the mix. That said, a Guy Maddin reference, that wouldn’t likely have even semi-wide appeal, would be pretty outstanding.

I love this card. I’m feeling like somebody sets their sights on the Mone. I suspect the Doctor might be in. Hoping and wishing for a Rebel by her side. 

Terribly interested to see how Joe defeats Wardy. What a great line-up!

• Like 1

I'd pay good money to be in the same room with @Just Dave and @The Natural for the Penta & co. vs. Elite match tonight.

It'd really make it fun if it was one of those rage rooms where they could break stuff as they match goes on.

(Hope both fellas know I got nothing but love for them!)

Edited by Log
  • Haha 5

58 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

But I guess giving up his friends and bandmates over something, like that,  is his idea of being punk or at least that's the impression that I get.  

I feel like that's a lot of aging Punks' idea of punk.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I feel like that's a lot of aging Punks' idea of punk.

“Punk is about thinking for yourself, not being a sheep, and fuck the government!” leads to “There is a secret cabal trafficking children for Satan hiding in the deep state”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Log said:

I'd pay good money to be in the same room with @Just Dave and @The Natural for the Penta & co. vs. Elite match tonight.

It'd really make it fun if it was one of those rage rooms where they could break stuff as they match goes on.

The presence of Okada & the 3 guys on the other team cancel out the Jackson’s for me. Rage rooms are dope, though. I’m fully expecting some shenanigans. A heel turn from PAC or something. 

I would like to see the Bucks turn up the stooging in their work. One of my biggest issues with them is their inability to vary their work at all based on their character. Same w Omega & Cole & a lot of those pwg/ROH guys. “Getting their shit in” is what matters most to them, storytelling be damned.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Just Dave said:

m fully expecting some shenanigans. A heel turn from PAC or something. 

Took the words out of my mouth! Great built in "unfinished business" story there with the Death Triangle/Elite Best of 7 last year, and PAC walking out on em during B&G because of his nose bone (obviously that was more geared toward Omega, but they can pivot it to just being 'the Elite' since they've now split per last week's promo).

It would be a lot easier to guess at if we knew Omega's current health status - I'm still not convinced we aren't getting Omega/Hangman vs Bucks III in this tag tourney

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

love this card. I’m feeling like somebody sets their sights on the Mone. I suspect the Doctor might be in. Hoping and wishing for a Rebel by her side. 

Seconded on the card as a whole, but I could go for a Britt return here. I think she's probably one of the most qualified women in terms of being able to go toe to toe with Mercedes on the mic - with that said, I *do* think you kind of have to go Willow as a first bout. Pardon my French but "You broke my ankle, stole my belt, and ruined the Japan run I've dreamed of since I was a little girl" absolutely fucking books itself.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Log said:

Love you too, mate.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Seconded on the card as a whole, but I could go for a Britt return here. I think she's probably one of the most qualified women in terms of being able to go toe to toe with Mercedes on the mic - with that said, I *do* think you kind of have to go Willow as a first bout. Pardon my French but "You broke my ankle, stole my belt, and ruined the Japan run I've dreamed of since I was a little girl" absolutely fucking books itself.

I’m hoping that somehow leads to Mercedes respecting Willow and giving her the rub and a new partner (after Stat’s sorta surprising heel turn). Not that a babyface match with that history is a bad idea. I just don’t want a heated feud with Willow that messes with her heat nor do I want her losing to anybody even the former NJPW champean. If you wanna book another loss to the lady in between wwe stints, as somebody that sees Willow as a potentially huge drawing star, I’d be good with that, but a loss is not even a booking sheet consideration. And for good reason$. I want a union that leads to a Mercedes turn well down the road. When Willowmania is fully established and there’s no chance of her being booed against MM. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@HarryArchieGusWell put, and I cannot disagree whatsoever.

Though, interesting thought experiment: I'm sure it largely would depend on the town, but part of me wonders if the AEW crowd would actually boo the homegrown, fun-loving, super hot (settle me gently) Willow against Mercedes.

Obviously that seems kind of nuts on the surface, but in all seriousness, youve got an audience who was already kind of torched by an ex-WWE star or two on the male side, and has already been semi-trained by that Outcasts angle to boo any "invading" women - you're right in that maybe it's not a good idea to chance at this juncture, but I'm not entirely convinced the crowd wouldn't be (let's say) 70 Willow/30 Sasha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

It’s also a rich person’s idea of punk

See also:

People who claim to be punk but aren't, TERF edition. : r/punk

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

@HarryArchieGusWell put, and I cannot disagree whatsoever.

Though, interesting thought experiment: I'm sure it largely would depend on the town, but part of me wonders if the AEW crowd would actually boo the homegrown, fun-loving, super hot (settle me gently) Willow against Mercedes.

Obviously that seems kind of nuts on the surface, but in all seriousness, youve got an audience who was already kind of torched by an ex-WWE star or two on the male side, and has already been semi-trained by that Outcasts angle to boo any "invading" women - you're right in that maybe it's not a good idea to chance at this juncture, but I'm not entirely convinced the crowd wouldn't be (let's say) 70 Willow/30 Sasha

Which is perfectly fine, because Mercedes excels as a heel and honestly their women’s division doesn’t have that huge heel. Toni is slowly turning face, and with this All About Eve story, will be face anyway before it’s over with. The biggest heel is… Julia & Skye? Saraya? That’s not good.

• Like 3

I imagine the timeline will work a little like Danielson. He was a face for his first feud and then right into bullying the Dark Order to get at Hangman Page. They'll have a couple of months of celebratory Mercedes and then things will work their way naturally.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Yo Coach Tony, please let Okada do the Rainmaker pose = camera zoom out everytime Penta does his stupid hand gimmick. 

For a more annoying effect it should zoom out on Okada's pose and zoom back in during Penta's for like three minutes straight.

• Haha 2

Just now, Casey said:

Which is perfectly fine, because Mercedes excels as a heel and honestly their women’s division doesn’t have that huge heel. Toni is slowly turning face, and with this All About Eve story, will be face anyway before it’s over with. The biggest heel is… Julia & Skye? Saraya? That’s not good.

Exactly where I was heading, but kinda uh, forgot to write (it's almost like I have a job I should be doing right now, or something!)

Mega-face Willow vs. heel Mercedes is where we gotta end up. I've made the comparison before, but handled right, I think Willow could be a huge "underdog" type star, like Danielson in the lead up to WM XXX.

• Like 1