DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEBRUARY 2024

There's unfortunately no way I can see to put a Sting pun in the word February, but this is it for the old man.  In 31 days, he'll have his final match. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952spke85k0ma15m7gai32

That and the rest of the build to REVOLUTION will happen this month! 

• Sad 2

vEhPdgU.jpg

I quite like it. Particularly the ersatz PWI-ish nature of the presentation, including the couple of "Wait! What? Really?" rankings. 

Hopefully it generates some enjoyably spirited discussion.

Hopefully the rankings don't lead to wrestlers and fans caring overmuch about wins and losses. 

Looking forward to someone completely losing their shit because (for example) Dragon isn't ranked as a male singles wrestler.

Curious how the usual doomsayers will parse this to continue forecasting doom for the promotion.

A lot to like here. An interesting condiment on the buffet table that is AEW.

Edited by Gordi the former AEW fan
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Gordi the former AEW fan said:

vEhPdgU.jpg

I quite like it. Particularly the ersatz PWI-ish nature of the presentation, including the couple of "Wait! What? Really?" rankings. 

Hopefully the rankings don't lead to wrestlers and fans caring overmuch about wins and losses. 

Looking forward to someone completely losing their shit because (for example) Dragon isn't ranked as a male singles wrestler.

Curious how the usual doomsayers will parse this to continue forecasting doom for the promotion.

C0-DB8296-A965-43-D8-A290-CDA86-C4-F0245
So is a Cown a Cow Gown and was Danielson responsible for this misspelling?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

39 minutes ago, Octopus said:

C0-DB8296-A965-43-D8-A290-CDA86-C4-F0245
So is a Cown a Cow Gown and was Danielson responsible for this misspelling?

If it said Continental Clown Champion then I would suspect Danielson was behind it!

• Like 2

Sad that Jericho doesn't have anyone in his life that cares about him enough to tell him his goofy ass looked like Ronald McDonald before he went on stage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Also, I like how Danielson is like the secret final boss/final form of Dr. Wily or the Red Falcon alien at the end of a Contra game that you have to beat, since he fights all the time and never loses yet STILL isn't on the list.

I'm shocked that Jericho decided to cover something so recent. His guitar player is the dude from Stuck Mojo, a total of-their-era crap '90s band. I would doubt any of them listen to anything made past the turn of the century. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Sad that Jericho doesn't have anyone in his life that cares about him enough to tell him his goofy ass looked like Ronald McDonald before he went on stage.

I'm into a lot of the same old dad metal as Jericho (relevant username!) and I have no earthly idea what this fit is supposed to be. It's like Bowie fucked the Wendy's logo

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm into a lot of the same old dad metal as Jericho (relevant username!) and I have no earthly idea what this fit is supposed to be. It's like Bowie fucked the Wendy's logo

I was thinking Ronald McDonald, but yeah...Bowie fucking Wendy works as well. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was thinking Ronald McDonald, but yeah...Bowie fucking Wendy works as well. 

Hey, it's a wrestling board - if anyone is qualified to speak on various clowns running around in red-and-yellow, it's probably us, brother. Take your pick!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

They should have waited another month to do the rankings, closer to Revolution. Because it’s just fucking dumb right now - look at the women’s division.

Rosa is higher than Shida, but both beat Queen Aminata (Rosa def Red Velvet, Shida def Anna Jay). For singles matches, that’s it for 2024 so far. Skye Blue being on there is even worse, because she’s only beat Keira Hogan and some jobber in a dark match. I’ve only looked at Shida, Rosa, Skye and Mariah but 3 out of 4 have beaten Aminata + someone else. 😂

I like the rankings, I really do. But they needed to let more time happen before releasing them. Silver & Reynolds being ranked at all is insane, given they’ve only won in comedy dark matches and lost everything else.

7 hours ago, Gordi the former AEW fan said:

vEhPdgU.jpg

I can't believe the ratings aren't the ppl I thought would be in the Top 5.

Unbelievable.

Epic fail AEW!

*fart sound

• Like 1
  • Haha 2