DVDVR Message Board
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

FYI --

On 2/22/2024 at 1:55 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Folks have asked me how they can help with the show, we are looking for people to sponsor matches! So if you have something you want to promote reach out to Matt at [email protected]. Just let him know what you want to promote!!

I was also thinking that we could have the board as a whole sponsor a match, if folks have some cash to spare we could all pool it and have a match be a "brought to you by the DVDVR board." One of the things I am excited about for this show is that we are bringing in folks who aren't the typical "Mania weekend guys working 10 shows" Demus and Slim J aren't working anywhere else Mania weekend, Thatcher is only working us and Bloodsport, and we have one more wild name like that we are working on, but could use some help with the plane tickets and hotel room. 

If you want to contribute to the group sponsorship, you can PayPal Matt at [email protected] or use Venmo or Cashapp, just put DVDVR Board DEAN~! sponsorship in the tag line. If we could raise a couple hundred bucks it would make it a lot easier to pull the trigger on this name we are working on 🙂

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

I bet everyone would LOVE it if Tonga came in to give a big kick, a throat thrust, and subbed somebody with the NERVE HOLD OF INESCAPABLE DOOM. No matter how much crap DEAN used to give about THE MONSTER MENG~! in those ancient workrate reports. Have him do it to Rockin' Rebel! 

• Like 2

The ICW NHB show in the same building 24 hours later looks pretty good too. International Death Summit!

• Tara Zep vs Shazza McKenzie
  • Eric Ryan vs Yusaku Ito
  • Danny Demanto vs Mikey Whipwreck

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

When I saw the announcement of Gringo Loco I thought "who is the oldest living luchador that can fly into the states for WM weekend and do a match"    I mean not even talking Dr Wagner Jr level old either.  

Satanico would be up there. 

• Like 1

I mean... is there a a match that says "DEAN~!" more than booking Satanico v. Rey Mysterio Sr ?

Unless you can book El Dandy and make it a 3-way match with El Dandy

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 7:57 AM, Big Rob said:

Lineup looks cool as hell so far, wish I could attend but will definitely be grabbing an IWTV subscription for it.

When you do, please use code "ACTION" when signing up.  It helps a lot

• Like 2

I'm actually stunned Survival Tobita isn't booked. The man helped save Ultraman ROBIN's life along with Bat-Sasuke!

How quicklyvleople forget

James

• Like 2

On 1/30/2024 at 9:57 PM, J.H. said:

I mean... is there a a match that says "DEAN~!" more than booking Satanico v. Rey Mysterio Sr ?

Unless you can book El Dandy and make it a 3-way match with El Dandy

James

Wait a second. No issue with the names, but DEAN was a great ambassador of how shitty Multi-way matches are. Something I always appreciated about his keen eye for Pro Wrestling.

I so want to be at the DEAN. Such a neat looking card. The talent booked for this show feels like a great reminder of how big and interesting a talent pool there is across the US Indies. And how good the Indies could still be. Or maybe are in your local area?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That was GREAT.

Totally. That ruled. I'm willing to bet none of us at DEAN~!!! are gonna be sitting there with our arms crossed though. That match ruled but how fucking bananas is it that the crowd on camera is just sitting there, and the crowd sitting behind the camera is loud? I get it at WWE shows. All the noise at those is coming from above as people who can afford 300 dollar seats are sitting at ringside just watching. 
But what was the deal here? Were those seats the expensive ones? 🙂

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 1