DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 12/13 - 12/19/2023 - Winter is Coming... Quick, Look Busy!

Dolfan in NYC

The wrestling was good the other stuff not so much.

It feels like the CC scratches Tony K's itch to book like a super indy, yet we still have creative holes.

Was Big Billy Starks just an attempt to see PPVs? Certainly a weird insult.

I hope this devil stuff gets wrapped up by the end of the month

Fun to think of a bizarro CC where its guys like JD Drake, Bear Bronson, JJ, Uno and Serpentico 

3 hours ago, Casey said:

I still think the best way to go is with the Devil being Britt Baker, with Wardlow, Sammy Guevara, Jack Perry & Kyle O’Reilly as the goons or whatever you want to call them. Or maybe just have it as Britt and the goons are just nameless and faceless because that’s not the important part.

Either way, we need her far away from the women’s division soon because I’m pretty sure Jamie Hayter is nearing a return date surely. And nobody wants face Jamie versus heel Britt hogging time on TV.

I really, really like your idea a lot, but I kinda think KOR/Wardlow are the odd men out on it. Unless I'm confusing you with someone else who posted a similar lineup, I remember one time you posted this, you made mention of there being a 'four pillar' connection between Perry, Guevara, and Baker (in referencing the Punk promo ages ago where he said Baker replaced MJF in the pillars). What if we go FULL PILLAR, and the big Devil reveal is a heel Darby Allin? I think it'd be cool to see him vs MJF again but with the dynamics fully switched, and it's the perfect jumping off point to eventually get to Darby vs. Sting at Revolution.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

yeah, Hobbs slammed very large person Paul Wight on a car like a month ago and Hobbs been on TV like twice since then?

God dammit, preach. Why was he not out there the next Wednesday or Saturday as "True Giant" Will Hobbs or "Showstopper" Will Hobbs, challenging someone for one of the 32 titles? Like yeah, you can still do it, but it loses it's 'oomph' when it's a month or two after. The Jericho/Omega/Callis thing it was built around is already over (or at least back burnered while they challenge Big Bill and Starks)!!

• Like 3

I think it's difficult to find a happy medium between an all star goon squad (it took all four of them to take down Joe, Hangman, or MJF? Who takes the falls in matches?) and a really underwhelming reveal of one big name and like....The Kingdom, which just isn't going to work for a Blood and Guts program.

I think the Patriarchry is probably the closest to the pin in that respect.

• Like 2

Just now, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

think the Patriarchry is probably the closest to the pin in that respect.

I hate to address the WWE rumors, but if they're gonna be off WBD TV at some point, now actually would be a good time to unify the TNT title with the AEW WHC, and bump the International or new Triple Crown up to the #2 slot for the men. You could make B&G the big Luchasaurus babyface turn on Christian and have him toss him thru the cage or something, too

• Like 2

So, I think I figured out part of the problem; for much of his career, Chris Jericho had a gift for getting just about anything over. The more asinine, the more he was able to nail it. But that "Big Billy Starks" shit was "Rooty Tooty Booty" levels of cringe, and it might be time for either Danielson or Khan to have a talk with folks doing segments with Ricky Starks that going off script is a terrible idea. He served MJF, Copeland, Jericho (2x), and now Omega too. For the record, I don't think there's been some prerogative to bury Starks. I think guys get flustered when they go head to head with him and they reach for the lowest hanging fruit. It's a panic move. He really seems unflappable. Even on the rare occasions when his shit doesn't land verbally, his composure is on point. I don't think some of the veterans are used to that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

I think Malaki Black is the devil.  At least, he's the Devil we know.  It's about time he gets back into main event singles matches.  or just single matches.

I'm for sure into it, but I always thought the whole thing with him was putting him in trios/tags due to his back injury

14 hours ago, The Natural said:

Jack Perry would be so fucking anticlimactic. Worst surprise ever.

Hornswaggle isn't too busy these days, is he?

14 hours ago, Just Dave said:

Careful. Any slander of the Elite is met with intense anger around here. Sometimes…

I don't care. I HATE THE ELITE.

13 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Someone on Reddit (yeah, I know) had a pretty interesting idea: what if there are TWO devils, one trying to help MJF and the other trying to hurt him, and they aren't aware of who the other person is! In that case the devils were Britt and Cole. But of course,  they both would have goons, so that theory kinda falls apart there. But I found that a very interesting outcome.

Obviously Cole was there to help MJF but Britt was there to hurt him because he hogs all of Cole's time and Britt's tv time.

I, for one, would be slightly interested in a Devil NEGRO and Devil AZUL twist.

I've also read that the henchmen and whomever the Devil end up being are the people in the costumes themselves, hence a lot of folks looking at body types and such.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I think Malaki Black is the devil.  At least, he's the Devil we know.  It's about time he gets back into main event singles matches.  or just single matches.

His back is paper mache and chewing gum at this point...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I know many have made the joke before but it really would be truly delightful if the ninjas were all small-to-medium build guys, and then the final group was like Wardlow, Nick Comoroto, Bear Boulder, and Dutch Righteous or something

Damn, the Iron Savages are the Devil + Followers. It makes perfect sense, because the whole angle is ass right now, and they(fill in the punchline yourself) ...

• Haha 2