DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROSTER PURGE - 9/21/23

ChesterCopperpot

15 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

On the "what's next for them" front, Ali to AEW is such a big no brainer that I'd be stunned if it doesn't happen. They already run Chicago tons, and I'll die on the hill his upside is still a guy who could main event pay per views. He can talk, he can work. Easy pick.

Paul Heyman once hyperbolized something to the effect of 'the future of WWE is Mustafa Ali'. I only saw him a handful of times during the early HHHWWE. He looked crisp and exciting in ring, but consistently saddled with the lamest motivations/characters. I suspect this could be an FTR level revival.

Dolph probably does get the AEW call, as his brother already works there and he has a natural fit. I do question the upside of his role at this point though. Benjamin probably gets the call as well, and I always feel like I'm weirdly low on Shelton compared to others while still liking him. He's a good tag wrestler who I can't remember much in the way of a great singles match in well over a decade. I'd love to see him try running as a more traditional technical wrestler, but he had the opportunity the last time he was cut (which everyone seems to forget), when he had chances to be a top indy guy and simply didn't.

During said HHHWWE run, it was difficult to say what Benjamin might still have to offer. He was the definition of cannon fodder. His history and abilities as a tag wrestler will surely attract TK. I sense there's more to offer, and with the right partner could easily be a Tag Title contender. 

Ziggler I'm familiar with from his early OVW days and the pre and post Vince era. Surely, I'm not the first to suggest he had incredible potential pre-Cheerleader. What I saw in the last year was a crisp, solid, excellent pro wrestler with, again, some of the lamest motivations/characters happening on US TV. If or when they pick him up I suspect they're smart enough to completely refresh him. I think there's an audience that might actually want to see that. If they suit him up and have him play 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landell he'd be money, honey! 

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Ziggler 100% needs to be rolling around in glass at GCW shows, if he doesn't go to Impact. 

I read this as wanting him to come down to the ring in a Popemobile.

I can see it.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Speaking of expiring contracts, apparently WWE and Hulu are wishing each other well in their future endeavours 

This same exact thing happened last September(Hulu saying WWE shows would be ending on X date)  and they renewed their deal right before it expired. 

• Thanks 1