DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 9/6 - 9/12/2023 - NOW 100% CM PUNK FREE!

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, LF2 said:

Read the post right before mine. He’s taken multiple digs recently referring to someone as his Little Friend with only the LF and capitalized. It’s clear he’s trolling and fucking with me. Which is why I thought the admins would have dealt with him by now especially after I reported him last month for sending me multiple harassing DMs even after blocking him.

You started this when you dm’ed me unsolicited, making disparaging remarks about my mental health struggles. I’ve got the receipts if anyone would like to see them. I’ve never seen anyone this gotten to over someone else’s opinion. The internet just might not be for you. 

AEW Dynamite was easily the better of the two shows this week. Collision felt more like a two-hour Rampage, which is fine. Rampage this week was good, but tonight's show didn't feel all that special outside of the Jade Cargill return.

The Cargill return was nice because it was a surprise and we didn't know it was coming. They didn't overhype up a big return tonight, and no one was squealing about it online.

I have a feeling Roderick Strong is winning the tournament to face MJF at Grand Slam, and then maybe Joe faces MJF at Wrestledream or Full Gear instead.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Hide contents

- Lana appears, which I forgot she came out on All Out too, and forgot about her losing the accent back in WWE too. I... really don't know what she can offer here. 

She did cut a hell of a promo though. A hell of a promo.

• Like 1

The monkey paw for the Danielson stuff is that he’ll get injured again probably and miss a chunk of time of what’s supposed to be his final year in-ring.

But also remember he “learned how fun it is to lie” from Cody Rhodes, and he’s said in interviews in the past that he wants to wrestle until he’s like 70.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

I have a feeling Roderick Strong is winning the tournament to face MJF at Grand Slam, and then maybe Joe faces MJF at Wrestledream or Full Gear instead.

so Cole interferes aiming for Roddy but superkicks Joe?

Collision is brought to you by a bunch of guys who used to wrestle in a temple... Ian ribbiconi we hardly knew yee...

All that straight edge talk makes me wonder what if Gravity's last name is bong?

Anyway Gravity Flies as BCG dies...

But ultimately Juice pins the dragonaut under the crimson sky...

Hey its my favorite female jobbers the renegade twins! to set up a jade return!!!

Keith Lee is the Big Bang Collider!

You know if Miro wants his hot flexible wife on tv i'm not gonna argue

One of my favorite male jobbers Angelico. Kevin Kelly would like to see more of him on Collision as would I!

Another great Darby match! The two Pillars him and OC!

WOW that third walk away spot in the main was the definitive one!!! He might as well retire that spot from now on!

• Like 1

It is a work, he has said more than once that he will never retire and plans to wrestle until he’s 70 years old and that he doesn’t want to have a retirement match. Also, how much time Tony will have to add to his contract after he has missed all that time because of injuries?

I think he plans to be more of a part time wrestler, which is basically what he is now. Maybe he’ll do 15 or 20 matches a year, who knows, but he will not retire and I’m sure Tony wants to keep him in AEW in some capacity.

It’s funny how wrestlers talk about wanting to be home more often, maybe it is because they have never had a real job in their life, but they work like 1 day a week (+ 1 or 2 if you count travelling), they can spend more time with their children than anyone who has a regular office job.

Edited by Gramsci
  • Like 1

A lot of them will have had mentors who were on the road 4-5 (or even 7) days a week, always working on weekends and having days off midweek, who will have completely missed watching their children grow up.

5 hours ago, Casey said:

The monkey paw for the Danielson stuff is that he’ll get injured again probably and miss a chunk of time of what’s supposed to be his final year in-ring.

But also remember he “learned how fun it is to lie” from Cody Rhodes, and he’s said in interviews in the past that he wants to wrestle until he’s like 70.

That Cody story is the first thing I thought of. 

I wonder if you could get away with doing, like, the opposite of “loser leaves town” matches with him. Like, if you lose you have to keep wrestling…

9 hours ago, just drew said:

You started this when you dm’ed me unsolicited, making disparaging remarks about my mental health struggles. I’ve got the receipts if anyone would like to see them. I’ve never seen anyone this gotten to over someone else’s opinion. The internet just might not be for you. 

So let me see if I have all your “true stories” correct:

This last week you claimed to have went to journalism school yet when you DM people your favorite words and phrase are “pussy”, “fuck”, “bitch”, and “school shooter”. What kind of “journalism graduate talks like that? Especially when they brag about having a kid? Do you think your son would be proud of your language or suggesting someone is or could be a school shooter? 

You got picked on for being a troll here then all of a sudden you claimed to have bad mental health for sympathy, and the minute you realized you weren’t getting any you went on the defensive with the comments I’m quoting you as having made in DMs.

You always post about Ricky Starks and your weird obsession with him, but the moment people correctly call you out for being anti gay you post some crap about “I love Dalton Castle, he’s my favorite wrestler”. News flash Dalton Castle is a character, and the guy portraying said character isn’t gay so that’s not a defense either. Plus that was literally the first time you’d referenced him or being a “fan” of his work. You just can’t own your mistakes and say that you’re part of the Cornette Army that uses gay slurs towards Kenny and The Jacksons.

You also send people insulting DMs claiming they want to sleep with Adam Cole or Britt Baker despite their posts rarely mentioning Britt, yet you post weird things more often than I do about Adam Cole. So do you fixate much Bay Bay? Clearly you’re the one trying to overcompensate for something, and it feels like you’re more into him than you let on. 

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Came in late like a damn fool, just in time to see Jade return and (thankfully) lay everyone out. 

Hide contents

- Well well well, no Metalik. Something's up there. It felt like I looked away and that match was over, so much for your lucha fireworks. Juicey Boy is starting to look like Bruiser Brody. 

- Lana appears, which I forgot she came out on All Out too, and forgot about her losing the accent back in WWE too. I... really don't know what she can offer here. Meanwhile we also get appearances from Hobbs and Keith Lee. Hmmm. Collision turning into the Big Meaty Men show would be the best. 

- Fenix/Angelico is solid for the time it got. Angelico gets to pull off some llave! Fenix ends it with two total death moves, and also kicks directly in the face who I thought was Bandido but Kelly says is Serpentico? I'm not sure if I'm screwing up or Kelly is, but Kelly definitely screwed up calling the crowbars BCC used "lead pipes and tire irons". Just another reason not to like him. 

- Darby gets mauled again and Strong decides to put him through the buzzsaw which was pretty rad. The STF was vicious, but that fucking Uranage on the buckle followed by the apron faceplant was just insane. He really does need to just take a break. Luchasaurus doesn't need airtime and Christian is over whenever you give him a mic, you can put all three in mothballs for a month. Of course this won't happen but one can dream. 

- The Dragon announcement got to me. This won't be a Terry Funk retirement. But that motherfucker is gonna treat every match like he is Terry Funk. Bill and Starks continue to earn their paychecks big time. 

- Joe/Penta felt like it went long to me, and that's not because they talked about the time limit or anything. Actually Kelly did one good thing and like a real wrestling announcer, talk about doing homework on Joe with his typical match length and have some back-and-forth with Ross about it. Man I used to love Penta when he first showed up in LU, but nothing about him appeals to me anymore. Joe beat him up enough I guess. 

Due to Jay White missing the show (but Cardboard Jay was there!), Metalik got moved to the very first match of the night, which was getting a shot at the AAA Latin American title against QT Marshall. 

• Like 1

The fuck was up with Collision having damn near every lucha dude on the roster? Get that shit off my tv. What happened with Rush and Preston. Get those two with Andrade again FFS. The only lucha dudes I want to see with any regularity are the Lucha Bros., Despy, and one or two others. The rest can all fuck off. Komander included.

Bring back Punk to book this show.

Cardblade rules.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

Fuck. Yes. I bought my tickets to Wrestledream yesterday before this even got announced. I'm so hyped now. Let's Gooooooooooooooooooo

Made up for you, mate. Please give extra cheers to Bryan Danielson on my behalf. Thanks.