DVDVR Message Board

All In II - 8/27/2023

Dolfan in NYC

59 minutes ago, peachchaos said:

Running list of BCC's rumored and possible mystery partners for the Stadium Stampede:

The Dark Order, Daniel Garcia, Santana, Ortiz, Lance Archer, Zack Sabre Jr, Minoru Suzuki, Tomohiro Ishii, Shingo Takagi, Shota Umino, Michael Oku, Trent Seven, Shibata, El Phantasmo, David Finlay, The Butcher, The Blade, Kip Sabian, Homicide, Chris Hero, Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson, and Bill Goldberg.

I'm probably leaving some big names off, but that's a pretty impressive list of suspects.

For the record, I have not denied that I may be one of the mystery partners, so add me to the list. 

26 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

If Hero shows up... oh man oh man oh man. Hero and Claudio teaming up on Eddie would be gas-can level madness right there. I think he might pull a knife. 

Or bring back Black Jack Marciano. 

• Like 2

I'm still torn on getting this just because Sunday is the first day of the big final packing push (movers are scheduled for Wednesday the 30th). On the other hand, it's during the day when it's almost too hot even indoors to do much work, and I will likely be hungover from going away meet-ups Friday and Saturday...

• Like 1

Update on Santana and Ortiz from Fightful

Spoiler

For those asking, we’re told that as of him being cleared for a return, he and Ortiz were still not on good terms. However, that had been the case for quite a while before the injury, and it’s not impossible that the two can work together again following his return.
Speaking of Ortiz – there’s plenty adding to the traction that could mean he’s planned for a spot on the Wembley AEW All In card. Ortiz was scheduled for a Limitless Wrestling show next weekend, but was pulled from the event. In following up, we were told it was due to an AEW related obligation. There are several wrestlers not booked for the card that are being sent to the UK, but we’ve also heard of plenty that aren’t.

You guys have better memories than me, but isn't the Stadium Stampede normally in an empty arena/cinematic? Or at least semi-cinematic? Is it that again, or during the live show? And if its during the live show, is there any difference between Stadium Stampede and Anarchy in the Arena/any other no rules match?

12 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

You guys have better memories than me, but isn't the Stadium Stampede normally in an empty arena/cinematic? Or at least semi-cinematic? Is it that again, or during the live show? And if it’s during the live show, is there any difference between Stadium Stampede and Anarchy in the Arena/any other no rules match?

I think the second Stadium Stampede had the first half of the match taped, and then it was live when they got closer to the ring or whatever. I might be misremembering though. But no, the only real difference in the matches is the visual(s) of a group of wrestlers doing their thing in a huge stadium versus the same thing happening in an arena.

The first one (Elite vs. Inner Circle) during the pandemic was at the Jaguars' completely empty stadium and it was shot and edited together like a cinematic match.  The second one (Inner Circle vs. Pinnacle) was a mix of pre-tape at the stadium (Swagger and Wardlow in a bar was memorable, Jericho and MJF paired off all over the guts of the stadium) that made it's way next door to Daly's Place in front of the crowd for the finish

• Like 1

Santana & Ortiz/FTR’s segment of that was fantastic. Four bad dudes just getting after it. Konnan’s cameo. Tully being old & awesome. It’s always felt like there was a segment missing to me. They disappear into the elevator & that’s it. 

• Like 1

I'm still working my way through Collision but Gunns being unable to hit the 3:10 to Yuma and one just bumping him (I assume it was Austin) made me laugh out loud.

Edit: Oops wrong threaded this. I bet Beefcake Boulder would get over huge at Wembley though.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 2

Same here! 

I went and checked my local theater again, realizing once again that I had been a week ahead of time LAST week. So, survey says? 

"We're Closed"

Yep, they're not open ALL DAY Sunday. WTF. Is everybody getting together for a private showing on the IMAX that we aren't being told about? 

I’ll be watching this show at my lapsed fan friends house, the exact same place we watched the original All In 5 years ago. 

One thing I just noticed, on the fine print on b/r, they say the replay will be available on demand for 72 hours, much like the cable companies. This is a first. The reason I’ve gotten all the ppvs through b/r is that I still have access to them all on demand. We’ll see if this is the norm going forward, it’s just for this outlier show, or it could potentially have something to do with an upcoming streaming platform. 

• Like 1

Today in THE CONTINUING DRAMA OF THE SAVOY 16 THEATER I told my folks about Sunday not being open, Dad checked the internet and there they are, open. So I checked myself and sure enough... but no AEW. Meanwhile they're playing Spaceballs, Oldboy, and an anniversary showing of fucking American Graffiti (even my mom groaned at that one) along with the regular tripe. Boooooooooooo

Edited by Curt McGirt

25 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

HA! I'm eight minutes away from a Bdubs but you'd have to pay me to step foot in it.

Oh, and it's right next to... go figure... the movie theater.

I kinda like BWW only because every time I go, I find it funny to realize 'Oh shit I'm a little bit drunk at the mall'

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Casey said:

All In/All Out won’t be in theaters (in the US). Mostly places like Dave & Busters or Buffalo Wild Wings.

All Out is playing at two near me. 
O can’t even find restaurant or bar options for All In. Buffalo Wild Wings would be so fun!