DVDVR Message Board

All In II - 8/27/2023

Dolfan in NYC

🎼I read it in the papers, I saw it on TV... I guess there'll be one empty seat...

When I wrestle at Wem-beh-ley!!!🎶

It's ALL IN LONDON!  

THE CARD~

FOR THE AEW CHAMPIONSHIP - Maxwell J. Friedman (c) vs. Adam Cole (bb)

FOR THE "AEW CHAMPIONSHIP" - CM Punk (c) vs. Samoa Joe

FOUR WAY MATCH FOR THE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Toni Storm vs. Saraya vs. Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D.

FOR THE AEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - FTR (Harwood / Wheeler, c) vs. The Young Bucks (N. Jackson / M. Jackson)

**FOR THE ROH TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Aussie Open (Davis / Fletcher, c) vs. Better Than You Bay Bay (Friedman / Cole)

FOR THE TRIOS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - House of Black (Black / Matthews / King) (c) vs. Billy Gunn & The Acclaimed (Bowens /  Caster)

TAG TEAM COFFIN MATCH - Christian Cage / Swerve Strickland) vs. Darby Allin / Sting

STADIUM STAMPEDE MATCH - Eddie Kingston / Orange Cassidy / Penta El Cero Miedo / Best Friends (Taylor / Beretta)  vs. Blackpool Combat Club (Moxley / Castagnoli / Yuta) / Proud & Powerful (Santana / Ortiz)

Will Ospreay vs. Chris Jericho

The Golden Elite (Ibushi / Omega / Page) vs. Konosuke Takeshita / Bullet Club Gold (Robinson / White)

--

** - Pre-show match

So MJF vs. Adam Cole for the AEW World Championship. MJF retains and Cole attacks him afterwards or Cole cheats to win turning his back on MJF? Really don't want it to be MJF having seen him do it to Cody Rhodes, Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara. #FTR vs. Young Bucks III is the biggest AEW World Tag Team Championship match. CM Punk/FTR vs. Kenny Omega/Young Bucks is the biggest match period on the biggest AEW stage ever but I don't think it will. Sting will be in some sort of tag match for sure vs. Darby Allin. Like Zack Sabre Jr to be there. Never got Will Ospreay. Sucks Bryan Danielson and Jamie Batter won't be wrestling. Hope both still show. Saving Saraya for a homecoming vs. Hikaru Shida for the AEW Women's World Championship?

The thing about running Shida vs Saraya one on one at All In is, a lot of UK fans who are going like Shida more.

And when I say UK fans, I mean me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, that will be a tough crowd even if she's English. I feel like Shida is an honorary Brit as she learnt our language from watching Harry Potter and the like and has an adorable Japanese/British accent because of it.

So who else is going? I'm on the pitch, currently have a spare ticket due to letdowns, will likely resale it soon.

Who are you all most looking forward to seeing? 

1 hour ago, Leonidas said:

Yeah, that will be a tough crowd even if she's English. I feel like Shida is an honorary Brit as she learnt our language from watching Harry Potter and the like and has an adorable Japanese/British accent because of it.

So who else is going? I'm on the pitch, currently have a spare ticket due to letdowns, will likely resale it soon.

Who are you all most looking forward to seeing? 

I'm going. I guess I'm looking forward to seeing Punk the most, as I'm fairly sure I've never seen him live before (unless he was in the midcard of a Jack Swagger title reign Smackdown that I took my cousins to in 2010 at the 02). Apart from that, Ospreay because I always enjoy seeing that maniac wrestle, and Jericho because a Wembley full of people singing Judas will be a moment.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SturmCRF said:

I'm going. I guess I'm looking forward to seeing Punk the most, as I'm fairly sure I've never seen him live before (unless he was in the midcard of a Jack Swagger title reign Smackdown that I took my cousins to in 2010 at the 02). Apart from that, Ospreay because I always enjoy seeing that maniac wrestle, and Jericho because a Wembley full of people singing Judas will be a moment.

If it was April 13/2010, you saw him on the show and in a dark match

Drew McIntyre defeats Kane by DQ (3:10)

Dolph Ziggler defeats R-Truth (2:12)

Michelle McCool (w/Layla & Vickie Guerrero) defeats Mickie James (4:19)

Rey Mysterio & The Hart Dynasty (David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd) (w/Natalya) defeat CM Punk, Darren Young & Luke Gallows (w/Serena) (13:20)

JTG defeats Caylen Croft (w/Trent Barreta) (3:13)

Jack Swagger (c) defeats Chris Jericho and Edge (15:56)

Dark Match

Rey Mysterio defeats CM Punk

2 minutes ago, elizium said:

If it was April 13/2010, you saw him on the show and in a dark match

Drew McIntyre defeats Kane by DQ (3:10)

Dolph Ziggler defeats R-Truth (2:12)

Michelle McCool (w/Layla & Vickie Guerrero) defeats Mickie James (4:19)

Rey Mysterio & The Hart Dynasty (David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd) (w/Natalya) defeat CM Punk, Darren Young & Luke Gallows (w/Serena) (13:20)

JTG defeats Caylen Croft (w/Trent Barreta) (3:13)

Jack Swagger (c) defeats Chris Jericho and Edge (15:56)

Dark Match

Rey Mysterio defeats CM Punk

Well shit, I remember it being just after Wrestlemania, so I guess I have seen CM Punk. We probably didn't stay for the dark match as I was on teen-minding duty and it's a bit of a trek back from Greenwich, but if I can forget seeing Caylen Croft vs JTG, who knows how deep my wrestle-amnesia goes.

8 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Is Darby vs Luchasaurus not confirmed for this show? Or is that at All Out?

Yeah that’s for Chicago.

Seems like maybe Mogul Embassy vs. Darby/Sting/Wayne could be a good undercard match for Wembley.

• Like 1

I checked last night, All Out is already available for pre-order on Fite. All In, is not.

I mean, hopefully it would be substantially discounted to AEW+ subscribers who used the pre-order codes to get tickets, but what do I know?

The conspiracy theorist within me is scoffing at the idea that they waited until after most of the tickets were sold before announcing the main event, so that down the road they can say “see? Adam Cole helped sell 80k tickets at Wembley” in the same way that he’s consistently given credit for being a draw when paired with other, proven draws. But I’m trying to be less cynical. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Reddit has a screengrab of All In up for preorder on Fite for $15.99 with AEW+, otherwise it’s normal price of $19.99

Yeah, it's there now. $15.99 for me.

3 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Is Darby vs Luchasaurus not confirmed for this show? Or is that at All Out?

3 hours ago, EVA said:

Yeah that’s for Chicago.

Makes sense, I guess. Shipping a dinosaur across the Atlantic would probably be prohibitively expensive.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

I don’t think it’s possible, but Danielson vs a returning McGuiness at Wembley would have made me cry.

If it's any help, I do think it happens sometime in the next twelve months and in some setting which is still special. I'm just not sure what that might be.

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

If it's any help, I do think it happens sometime in the next twelve months and in some setting which is still special. I'm just not sure what that might be.

I'm wondering what Tony's plans are for Mania weekend in Philly - Feinstein only has his Battleground promotion booked at 2300 Arena on Thursday and Friday, so in theory ROH could run there on Saturday

Wonder if Vince signed a deal so no one can run the ballpark or the FU Arena at the same time as Mania at the football stadium? 

tony could run the soccer stadium in the suburbs. Or fir nostalgia, that building thar ROH V1 ran (only went there once, to see Bryan v Quack).

1 hour ago, just drew said:

The conspiracy theorist within me is scoffing at the idea that they waited until after most of the tickets were sold before announcing the main event, so that down the road they can say “see? Adam Cole helped sell 80k tickets at Wembley” in the same way that he’s consistently given credit for being a draw when paired with other, proven draws. But I’m trying to be less cynical. 

I was planning on teasing you with that.

45 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I will cry sometime in the future then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

tony could run the soccer stadium in the suburbs. Or fir nostalgia, that building thar ROH V1 ran (only went there once, to see Bryan v Quack).

Hammerstein is always an option - half the fun of the first One Night Stand weekend was everyone driving back and forth between NY and Philly for Hardcore Homecoming/CZW/ROH/IWA Mid-South/ECW/etc.

Doesn't AEW run Liacouras Center anytime they go to Philly? I mean they just upgraded to TD Garden from Agganis Arena.

Those commercially owned venues are easier to block than a venue owned by the university, which is why they probably ran the Galen Center instead of the Forum (owned by MSG).