DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2023

Dolfan in NYC

Re: Inoki,

I know he did fine in the 80s set, but I think he has a better rep in 2023 after various GWE and GME projects than he did in 2003 when Tony was an active poster. Even then, when he was talking about it in the presser, it was more of the idea of Inoki or the myth of Inoki (or even what Inoki means to the current New Japan regime?) that he seemed to be vibing off of.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For the record, I do not have any kind of details about what happened with Mr. Punk and Mr. Boy, but I am *really* fucking glad I banned that idiot earlier this month. 

I wrote something about it being in its own thread, forgetting stinkbutt3000 was banned. Pretty cool seeing this hasn’t lead to any forum fights or anything annoying. 👍

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I wrote something about it being in its own thread, forgetting stinkbutt3000 was banned. Pretty cool seeing this hasn’t lead to any forum fights or anything annoying. 👍

We just want a nap. And a Punk vs Starks strap match… where Starks wins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have yet to get Collision tickets but now that WrestleDream has been announced I think I’m going to that show. I don’t think I can do both shows and the Inoki Show is the one I wanna go to.

I don’t wanna get my hopes up but I really hope we get some kind of wrestler vs martial artist match.

I found footage from The Associated Presses YouTube channel of all places of Inoki vs Leon Spinks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matt D said:

the idea of Inoki or the myth of Inoki (or even what Inoki means to the current New Japan regime?)

Well if he wants to do something comparable to the Myth of Inoki then he has Okada to work with: Irrationally beloved wrestler who is a hell of a worker but can bore the shit out of you. 

If we are doing Different Style Fights I want Bas Rutten on commentary, too! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

If we are doing Different Style Fights I want Bas Rutten on commentary, too! 

I announced the Moosin: God of Martial Arts pay-per-view with Bas in 2010, and I would love to team with El Guapo again.

• Like 3

I have no idea what an AEW tribute to Inoki would be but it better include 2 things:

1.  Someone standing in the middle of the ring and slapping about 50 marks in the face in a line.  I am sure Punk will get in the ring in Seattle now and wait if that happen

2.  This guy as a competitor

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

Tony should kill two birds with one stone: as a tribute to Inoki, every episode of Collision will now be filmed in North Korea. 

Might help them get that Dennis Rodman appearance Jarrett was after.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

A bronzed Inoki towel awkwardly hung around the neck of the winner > cup/trophy

Hmm...Not sure if this is better or a trophy of Inoki's head where everyone argues if it's Inoki's head or an Easter Island statue.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Tournament matches but every match will be cut short by an elderly man hitting the guardrail over and over and screaming to end the match already. 

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The Randy Orton gif works every time. It's like Inoki just screamed at him to end the match.

Gift that keeps on giving. Well not for the Singh brother. Poor bastard.

Don't forget throwing a chair, too

Who's the oldest guy on the roster we can get for that? Arn? Dig up Tully again? Jake?

EDIT: Actually, the funniest thing would be Tony sitting in the front row with the red towel/sash/whatever. Have him come out as Jesus like Inoki at that New Year's DREAM show, too! 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Don't forget throwing a chair, too

Who's the oldest guy on the roster we can get for that? Arn? Dig up Tully again? Jake?

EDIT: Actually, the funniest thing would be Tony sitting in the front row with the red towel/sash/whatever. Have him come out as Jesus like Inoki at that New Year's DREAM show, too! 

No Truss crucifix, no buy from me - thems the rules

• Like 1