DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 4/12/2023

The Natural

Just now, Craig H said:

So this is the day OC's reign ends. I'll at least be surprised if he wins. It's been a hell of a run and maybe the most underrated title run in AEW's history.

I fancy OC to do it again. Least House of Black's had better treatment this go round, current AEW World Trios Champions and potentially the AEW International Championship as well.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Craig H said:

So this is the day OC's reign ends. I'll at least be surprised if he wins. It's been a hell of a run and maybe the most underrated title run in AEW's history.

I think OC is going to pull it off here and survive before Double or Nothing where both the Trios title and IC title are at play with a Best Friends/House of Black rematch.

Get it, Double or Nothing?

• Like 8

Whole card:

• Darby Allin vs Swerve Strickland
  • Chris Jericho vs Keith Lee
  • International Championship: Orange Cassidy (c) vs Buddy Matthews
  • Ruby Soho & Toni Storm vs Riho & Sky Blue
  • Jon Moxley & Claudio Castagnoli vs Brandon Cutler & Michael Nakazawa
  • MJF contractually obligated to appear

Darby-Swerve made me think they were already running the PNW again. Jericho-Keith should be interesting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Whole card:

• Darby Allin vs Swerve Strickland
  • Chris Jericho vs Keith Lee
  • International Championship: Orange Cassidy (c) vs Buddy Matthews
  • Ruby Soho & Toni Storm vs Riho & Sky Blue
  • Jon Moxley & Claudio Castagnoli vs Brandon Cutler & Michael Nakazawa
  • MJF contractually obligated to appear

Darby-Swerve made me think they were already running the PNW again. Jericho-Keith should be interesting.

Good card tonight.

What are the odds they actually let one of the Originals that isn't Jayme Hayter get a win? Moving Skye Blue up the card just to have her be the designated job girl for the group is old.

• Like 1

Another fun card. Big Keith Lee v Jericho is a neat match. I'm a meaningful squash fan and I feel the BCC will provide the kind of brutal thrills I so desire. Darby-Swerve is potentially blowaway. The Women's match may surprise. Can we get a word with Jay White please? I have a good feeling that I'll be enjoying MJF's contractually obligated talk segment. Others will, of course, not.

Interesting to see some thinking that OC will drop his title to Buddy Matthews. Buddy's political game doesn't quite seem in check nor does his status as job guy of his faction. I very much dig Buddy's talents, but I don't see fans yearning (or not yearning er caring) for him holding a title. Low to mid card Buddy over fair company draw OC? We'll see. Always a chance.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JLowe said:

What are the odds they actually let one of the Originals that isn't Jayme Hayter get a win? Moving Skye Blue up the card just to have her be the designated job girl for the group is old.

She's the world's best 1992 Marcus Alexander Bagwell against the Dangerous Alliance.

I'm looking forward to this card. I know it's probably the wrong decision longterm but I really like the idea of Cutler and Nakazawa getting some hope in against the BCC. I like Keith Lee vs Jericho more on paper than in reality. I'm curious how they'll handle the Darby situation since, presumably, as part of the build to the 4 Pillars Colliding, he shouldn't be eating a loss, but you can't have Swerve lose right after he joins up with the Embassy.

• Like 1

I am so curious about the OC/Buddy match. OC is a genius at putting together matches that are so different every single match. I really want to see how he differentiates that match from his bangers with PAC considering they are both very similar and likely confused with each other by the spouses of AEW fans who glance at the TV while their partners are watching.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

I am so curious about the OC/Buddy match. OC is a genius at putting together matches that are so different every single match. I really want to see how he differentiates that match from his bangers with PAC considering they are both very similar and likely confused with each other by the spouses of AEW fans who glance at the TV while their partners are watching.

I know what you typed, but I read it as “likely confused with each other by their spouses” which led me to thinking Rhea and PAC would make an unusual couple for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SturmCRF said:

I feel like I went to many a metal club night in Birmingham in the mid '00s featuring at least fifteen couples who looked approximately like Rhea Ripley with Pac.

You're going to give guys some unnecessary hope and confidence that I'm not sure they exactly need.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

I always looked at the Keith Lee pairing as him doing charity work for the immobile big man, and I was looking forward to a strong singles run without all the beggars and hangers-on.

Uh excuse me? Tha fuck? How has no one called this out yet? Keith Lee is far from immobile. Dude's not even top 3 most immobile Swerve has been connected to in AEW this year. Snitch or whatever his name was, Bordeaux, & now Toa Liona. Boo this man.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Uh excuse me? Tha fuck? How has no one called this out yet? Keith Lee is far from immobile. Dude's not even top 3 most immobile Swerve has been connected to in AEW this year. Snitch or whatever his name was, Bordeaux, & now Toa Liona. Boo this man.

Nobody is calling him out because we've all blocked him and nobody sees his posts, innit?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

She's the world's best 1992 Marcus Alexander Bagwell against the Dangerous Alliance.

I'm looking forward to this card. I know it's probably the wrong decision longterm but I really like the idea of Cutler and Nakazawa getting some hope in against the BCC. I like Keith Lee vs Jericho more on paper than in reality. I'm curious how they'll handle the Darby situation since, presumably, as part of the build to the 4 Pillars Colliding, he shouldn't be eating a loss, but you can't have Swerve lose right after he joins up with the Embassy.

Now I wanna see what Bagwell was up to in 1992 opposite the Dangerly Alliance. From the little I've seen of him, I don't think anybody on the roster oughtta give hope to Nakazawa. Cutler on the otherhand is clearly totally underrated. Yeah, I want a little hope for Brandon. Why on earth would Keith Lee vs. Jericho be better on paper? I thoroughly dislike that you have even a chance of being right about that. But yeah, whaddaya do with Swerve v Darby here to keep them both on the right track?

Also, stoked for PuhPuhPuhPowerhouse v Silas Young. Silas Young is fantastic and I think he presents a helluva contest for big Willie!

• Like 1

I'm still in the hospital.  I have C-Diff which is a hideous bacteria they diagnosed today.  I slept a lot today so I can watch the beloved AEW DYNAMITE!  DARBY ALLIN HITS THE GREATEST TOPE IN THE HISTORY OF WRESTLING!  Shane Swerve Strickland I know has wrestled Allin a lot.  According to cagematch.net, 11 times.  This match is fucking great.  Swerve surfing on Allins face to the floor is completely insane!  Swerve is all Strangestyle but is more conventional than Allin, but Allin is really great at making his opponent look awesome.  Swerve also makes his opponent look like a million bucks.  Hey, they should make Swerve a pillar. POISON RANA by Allin to Swerve off the apron ti the floor!  Prince Nanaand Brian Cage CHEAT!  They hit a bunch of finishers! The Triple Push Continues!  That was good.  Swerve shoulda won.  He had the new folks helping him and all.  Allin is phenomenal though.  MJF talks for a while and I'm watching in real time so I'll try to stay awake.  Hey! It's STING!  Powerhouse Hobbs takes on Silas Young!  That was quick.  Wardlow is back and he's wrecking Hobbs car!  Wardlow beats up SECURITY! Wardlow powerbombs Aaron Solo a table!   Didn't Solo steal Wardlow's credit cards and buy the car for Hobbs?  Shouldn't Wardlow keep the car and style in around town?  Orange Cassidy!  Buddy Matthews! Well THIS should rule!  They go all Lucha Libre again!  They stay all Lucha.  Cassidy sells the hand again!  Bud works the hand!  OC takes the entire picture in picture until Bud is not MERCIFUL!  These two are built for each other.  I love that this is a totally different title match than what we've had from Cassidy so far.  Buddy Matthews is so underrated.  BEAUTIFUL DDT off the rope by Cassidy!  Bud kicks out the Orange Punch!  FUN NEARFALLS   Buddy gets rolled up and LOSES!  BOO! BUDDY MATTHEWS DESERVES THE TITLE!  I assume Brody King get the title?  That would make sense.  Oh well, Rhea Ripley has a belt around the house.  Awesome!  Aussie Open vs the Best Friends should be REALLY OVERLY good.  Ethan Page isn't dancing anymore so he is just a HEAT MACHINE!  The Firm beats everybody!  JEFF FUCKING HARDY!  SWANTON BOMB by JEFF HARDY!   AWESOME!  25 years ago, we used to drive to the ass end of North Carolina to be blown away by Jeff and Matt Hardy.  Blackpool Combat Club brings a fabulous promo out of Kenny Omega.  Wouldathunk?  Brandon Kutler must now have the match of his life!  Michael Nakazawa HITS THE GREATEST BLADEJOB IN THE HISTORY OF JON MOXLEY WRESTLING!  FUCKING HARDCORE!  KUTLER IS FUCKING AWESOME WITH THE KRIMSON MASK!  SO FUCKING GREAT!  This match is so fucking great!  MOX is awesome postmatch!  Kenny Omega shows up!  The Young Bucks!  This is FUN!  It's Riho!  It's Skye Blue!  I thought she signed three years ago.  Toni Storm is looking like Jamie Hayter and she makes Blue look good. Riho takes an assbeating that I await on the International Feed tomorrow.  Skye looks great in this, WRECKED EM!  STOrM ZERO! Sooner or later these babyfaces will win something.  Jamie Hayter and Britt Baker make the save again.  I assume Willow Nightingale is taking the ATHENA root.  It's Keith Lee and Chris Jericho having it out for some reason.  Keith Lee's robe is the best thing in AEW!  I DECLARE IT!  I assume Keith Lee gets by Jericho and Garcia and Adam Cole makes the save.  They wander round the ring during picture in picture.  This is perfectly fine.  This gets better as Lee gets into his comeback.  AWESOME MOONSAULT by Lee! Great Boston Crab by Jericho!  This got good.  Nice Powerbomb by Lee!  Swerve CHEATS after Garcia CHEATS!  Jericho wins to set up Adam Cole hitting the ring.   Strange episode.  AEW DOES RULE THE MOTHERFUCKER WORLD!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 7

Just now, DEAN said:

I'm still in the hospital.  I have C-Diff which is a hideous bacteria they diagnosed today.  I slept a lot today so I can watch the beloved AEW DYNAMITE!  DARBY ALLIN HITS THE GREATEST TOPE IN THE HISTORY OF WRESTLING!  Shane Swerve Strickland I know has wrestled Allin a lot.  According to cagematch.net, 11 times.  This match is fucking great.  Swerve surfing on Allins face to the floor is completely insane!  Swerve is all Strangestyle but is more conventional than Allin, but Allin is really great at making his opponent look awesome.  Swerve also makes his opponent look like a million bucks.  Hey, they should make Swerve a pillar. POISON RANA by Allin to Swerve off the apron ti the floor!  Prince Nanaand Brian Cage CHEAT!  They hit a bunch of finishers! The Triple Push Continues!  That was good.  Swerve shoulda won.  He had the new folks helping him and all.  Allin is phenomenal though.  MJF talks for a while and I'm watching in real time so I'll try to stay awake.  Hey! It's STING!  Powerhouse Hobbs takes on Silas Young!  That was quick.  Wardlow is back and he's wrecking Hobbs car!  Wardlow beats up SECURITY! Wardlow powerbombs Aaron Solo a table!   Didn't Solo steal Wardlow's credit cards and buy the car for Hobbs?  Shouldn't Wardlow keep the car and style in around town?  Orange Cassidy!  Buddy Matthews! Well THIS should rule!  They go all Lucha Libre again!  They stay all Lucha.  Cassidy sells the hand again!  Bud works the hand!  OC takes the entire picture in picture until Bud is not MERCIFUL!  These two are built for each other.  I love that this is a totally different title match than what we've had from Cassidy so far.  Buddy Matthews is so underrated.  BEAUTIFUL DDT off the rope by Cassidy!  Bud kicks out the Orange Punch!  FUN NEARFALLS   Buddy gets rolled up and LOSES!  BOO! BUDDY MATTHEWS DESERVES THE TITLE!  I assume Brody King get the title?  That would make sense.  Oh well, Rhea Ripley has a belt around the house.  Awesome!  Aussie Open vs the Best Friends should be REALLY OVERLY good.  Ethan Page isn't dancing anymore so he is just a HEAT MACHINE!  The Firm beats everybody!  JEFF FUCKING HARDY!  SWANTON BOMB by JEFF HARDY!   AWESOME!  25 years ago, we used to drive to the ass end of North Carolina to be blown away by Jeff and Matt Hardy.  Blackpool Combat Club brings a fabulous promo out of Kenny Omega.  Wouldathunk?  Brandon Kutler must now have the match of his life!  Michael Nakazawa HITS THE GREATEST BLADEJOB IN THE HISTORY OF JON MOXLEY WRESTLING!  FUCKING HARDCORE!  KUTLER IS FUCKING AWESOME WITH THE KRIMSON MASK!  SO FUCKING GREAT!  This match is so fucking great!  MOX is awesome postmatch!  Kenny Omega shows up!  The Young Bucks!  This is FUN!  It's Riho!  It's Skye Blue!  I thought she signed three years ago.  Toni Storm is looking like Jamie Hayter and she makes Blue look good. Riho takes an assbeating that I await on the International Feed tomorrow.  Skye looks great in this, WRECKED EM!  STOrM ZERO! Sooner or later these babyfaces will win something.  Jamie Hayter and Britt Baker make the save again.  I assume Willow Nightingale is taking the ATHENA root.  It's Keith Lee and Chris Jericho having it out for some reason.  Keith Lee's robe is the best thing in AEW!  I DECLARE IT!  I assume Keith Lee gets by Jericho and Garcia and Adam Cole makes the save.  They wander round the ring during picture in picture.  This is perfectly fine.  This gets better as Lee gets into his comeback.  AWESOME MOONSAULT by Lee! Great Boston Crab by Jericho!  This got good.  Nice Powerbomb by Lee!  Swerve CHEATS after Garcia CHEATS!  Jericho wins to set up Adam Cole hitting the ring.   Strange episode.  AEW DOES RULE THE MOTHERFUCKER WORLD!

Get well soon, mate xxx.

• Like 1

I think I want to speak on that BCC vs. Elite Stooges match.  I fucking loved it. I don't know why, it was just the right amount of chaos and violence.  I loved the heart that Nak was showing out there.  I loved that Cutler had nothing behind his punches but kept coming at them.  They ended up getting obliterated of course but it was so great to me. 

But then,  Omega came out looking like G1 Kenny and he had a look in his eye we rarely see.  He was out to do damage.  This feud is getting pretty fucking good. 

• Like 14

Matthews/Cassidy kicked ass.

Really looking forward to the Bucks getting to pretend they’re tough guys again. Those guys couldn’t whip Mox’s ass together, let alone Claudio too. Fucking dorks.

Equally excited to see Keith Lee be a set piece for human eyeball repellant Adam Cole. TK is so, so wrong about that dude…

• Like 2