DVDVR Message Board

August 2022 Pro-Wrestling Pics and GIFS

20 hours ago, DEAN said:

Mini-Hawk is running amuck in Japan!

Yoshinoya is so damn good. I ate at one in Beijing and was thisclose to taking one of the ornate porcelain bowls they served your meal in if I didn't think I'd still be sitting there in jail 15+ years later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

FZIjo_GXgAEuyjT?format=jpg

It's no fun if you don't subtitle it "Dragon Lee, Black Taurus, Bandido and Laredo Kid greet a local fan"!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

FZIjo_GXgAEuyjT?format=jpg

"Man, if you guys had been around when I was still working, I'd have interrupted an awesome tag match between y'all and chokeslammed every one of you. Then I'd get on the mic and call out Kane as part of our latest feud no one gives a shit about!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, AxB said:

It's no fun if you don't subtitle it "Dragon Lee, Black Taurus, Bandido and Laredo Kid greet a local fan"!

Ahem.  THAT'S not Dragon Lee.  That's Komander.  Dragon Lee wouldn't be caught dead with that much pants on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

Wow, I have no dog in this, don't know any of the two. But that's some reckless shit to do... 

That’s Sarray dropkicking Xia Brookside (Robbie Brookside’s stepdaughter).

31 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Would also accept "UT meets some kids at local Halloween party." 

Don't think there are kids who would dress as luchadors in the gated Austin suburb where he lives.

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2022 at 6:50 AM, Pete said:

Bringing this back from last month because I have no earthly idea when/where it's from... Wrestlingdata has no record of then ever appearing on a show together. Any ideas?

On 8/1/2022 at 12:50 PM, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Maybe they met backstage when Bret visited New York for a show, but wasn't on the card? That happened at least once before he finally made it there for good.

14 hours ago, GodzillaPerez said:

I think this is from Puerto Rico. Bret mentioned taking a picture with his brother and Bruno in his book. Then he shit all over the Bruno vs Gorilla Monsoon cage match from that night.

Godzilla is correct, it's from PR - I saw this Tweet when originally posted, and based on a couple of different things, I'm reasonably confident this was taken in June '78.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

Wow, I have no dog in this, don't know any of the two. But that's some reckless shit to do... 

Sarray has been doing that for years without any serious injuries as far as I'm aware. Mayu Iwatani does the same dropkick. Somehow despite how vicious it is neither of them still do it as horrifyingly as Ayumi Kurihara did.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
20 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Sarray has been doing that for years without any serious injuries as far as I'm aware. Mayu Iwatani does the same dropkick. Somehow despite how vicious it is neither of them still do it as horrifyingly as Ayumi Kurihara did.

That was a staple for Tsukushi Haruka as well. It's a spot that always looks brutal but I've literally never heard of an injury from it no matter who delivers it.