DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 - Professional Wrestling Omnibus Discussion

although officially, only Antonio Brown and some people in that orbit. If there's any coaches or officials that know about it or are aiding it, that hasn't broken yet

The NFL being the NFL, some coach probably got a bonus for every Covid positive he could get before a vital loss

55 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

although officially, only Antonio Brown and some people in that orbit. If there's any coaches or officials that know about it or are aiding it, that hasn't broken yet

The NFL being the NFL, some coach probably got a bonus for every Covid positive he could get before a vital loss

There are probably more people that did what AB did, but the thing is I don't there is like an official supplier. If AB had to get his from a personal chef or w/e, I don't think there is like this underground network to obtain one. Based on how easy it is to screw up and let the cat out of the bag, we would know it by now. There is probably a small group of people who managed to get some very convincing fakes and skate by, but I think the rest probably just said fuck it and decided I'm either getting it or not getting it. Unvaccinated players weren't really treated like lepers especially to the point where they felt compelled to get fake ones. I mean pretty much every team (coaching staffs included) got ran through with covid this last season and the league never made radical or draconian changes to their policies.

16 hours ago, Infinit said:

Honestly, for a second (maybe a bit longer) I thought this "Shane has been let go" was some sort of meta "work the smarks" swerve thingy.

'Shane has been let go" plus all the stories about "WWE is imploring AEW not to sign Shane" is some real reverse psychology shit, real Jedi Mind Trick shit.

I HEARD YOU DID SOME JOKES ABOUT ME

No you didn't.

MAYBE I DIDN'T!  IMMA GO BEAT UP THE FOOL THAT TOLD ME THEM LIES!

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 3

I'm generally suspicious of any company/org that has a way higher vaccination rate than the national average so I assume there are a decent number of fakes floating around it just depends on if someone is going to bother checking the lot numbers for the doses. Brown only got caught up because he didn't pay his chef so he said "F It". Other NFL teams didn't have any reported fake cards because the teams probably didn't bother to check the numbers because it wasn't worth the risk.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

I'm generally suspicious of any company/org that has a way higher vaccination rate than the national average so I assume there are a decent number of fakes floating around it just depends on if someone is going to bother checking the lot numbers for the doses. Brown only got caught up because he didn't pay his chef so he said "F It". Other NFL teams didn't have any reported fake cards because the teams probably didn't bother to check the numbers because it wasn't worth the risk.

It would be a bigger risk if they decided not to report it though. You don't want to be the team in Week 15 or Week 16 on the cusp of making the playoffs and the NFL finds out you sat on this information. Then, the league has to act. Plus, someone has to get fired in the front office. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It would be a bigger risk if they decided not to report it though. You don't want to be the team in Week 15 or Week 16 on the cusp of making the playoffs and the NFL finds out you sat on this information. Then, the league has to act. Plus, someone has to get fired in the front office. 

NFL wasn't looking either, can't have your star player out because he faked a vax card. Or can't find a fake card if you don't look for a fake card. Hell they stopped testing once the holidays were over. I assume most leagues will stop testing once the playoffs/end of season tourneys pop up. NCAA didn't test during their Women's volleyball tourney in late November/early December and Nebraska and Wisconsin had a number of cases pop up once they got home after the finals.

And to tie it back to wrestling, that's why WWE reportedly stopped testing; can't have covid cases if you don't test for them (insert thinking guy .gif).

Edited by Ramo2653
Attempted to bring it back to rasslin'

4 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

NFL wasn't looking either, can't have your star player out because he faked a vax card. Or can't find a fake card if you don't look for a fake card. Hell they stopped testing once the holidays were over. I assume most leagues will stop testing once the playoffs/end of season tourneys pop up. NCAA didn't test during their Women's volleyball tourney in late November/early December and Nebraska and Wisconsin had a number of cases pop up once they got home after the finals.

And to tie it back to wrestling, that's why WWE reportedly stopped testing; can't have covid cases if you don't test for them (insert thinking guy .gif).

Thing is though...you cannot work (in a wrestling sense) NOT having symptoms. It's not going to play along with the ruse. Now if everyone was asymptomatic after the fact, it's still fuck up but hey...you got away with one. You have someone get it, they clearly display severe symptoms, and someone finds out you tried to hide it...you're really fucked. 

I can buy somewhat into that conspiracy, but not all the way because it's just too much money on the line. In addition, if that person or persons give it to people who are immunocompromised, you have no excuse. Now I can buy into someone being super laxed especially almost two years in stateside and many folks having at least one shot, but not widespread, let all defense down. 

On 2/5/2022 at 12:01 AM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Guys like Nick Khan always find a way out. If this was Pulp Fiction, he's The Wolf. 

If ANYONE out of that three specifically has to do a bid, it would be old Paul Levesque because he ain't blood. He's just in the family on a technicality. Steph is either going to be Winnie Mandela and wait for him to get out or find her a new husband. She's well off financially. She will be alright.

So HHH is the Christmas Tree then?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Was thinking about the Royal Rumble earlier. When did the "Final Four" become a thing? I can't remember the first time they were down to four guys and they were all in their respective corners doing the stare down etc 

Probably 2003. Knobbs was in the final 4 in 91, Fatu in 94 and Fake Diesel in 97. 

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't get the Xmas tree reference, but if we're talking Pulp Fiction he might be Marvin. 

Per Succession, and watch Succession FFS, but the Christmas Tree is the person you can hang your crimes on because they're going to prison and they can give you an out.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't get the Xmas tree reference, but if we're talking Pulp Fiction he might be Marvin. 

Thirty year movie spoiler alert: Paul is Vincent Vega in the bathroom when Butch goes to retrieve his father's watch at the apartment. Wrong place, exact wrong time.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Fartsauce said:

Probably 2003. Knobbs was in the final 4 in 91, Fatu in 94 and Fake Diesel in 97. 

I would say that 97 was the first time the "Final Group" mattered, with three of the last four eliminations being "phantom eliminations". 2001 had important final three, 2002 kinda had final four if iirc. After that it mostly final four, sometimes final six. Says a lot about this year's Rumble, if you ask me. Especially if you go Final Six.