Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2022


 Share

Recommended Posts

Yeah, but it’s also Scorpio Sky.

Keith Lee has a way better chance of beating Sammy Guevara, than Scorpio Sky did of beating Darby Allin at that time. Plus, Scorpio’s loss did lead to a lengthy program with Darby, which got him on the next PPV in a tag match with Ethan Page against Darby & Sting.

Realistically, the FOTR ladder match and both gender specific Casino Battle Royale matches (even the tag team version) are only there to build up a quick title challenger. Exactly 0 of the winners of these matches thus far have gone on to win the title they challenge for. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just hope there's something at the top of the ladder that not a giant Sonic ring.

Scorpio looked like he was about to jump through that thing and enter a bonus stage, trying to get a Chaos Emerald.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Technico Support said:

I just hope there's something at the top of the ladder that not a giant Sonic ring.

I think it's going to be. I think they've used it in ads fo the show because I know I've seen it in the last few days and had a similar thought. I get the idea behind the whole "brass ring" thing but now GCW has done it too and I feel like it's becoming overkill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah, but it’s also Scorpio Sky.

Keith Lee has a way better chance of beating Sammy Guevara, than Scorpio Sky did of beating Darby Allin at that time. Plus, Scorpio’s loss did lead to a lengthy program with Darby, which got him on the next PPV in a tag match with Ethan Page against Darby & Sting.

Realistically, the FOTR ladder match and both gender specific Casino Battle Royale matches (even the tag team version) are only there to build up a quick title challenger. Exactly 0 of the winners of these matches thus far have gone on to win the title they challenge for. 

 

Didn't Hangman win a ladder cluster match to get his shot against Omega?  I know that's a little different because it was a "back door" way for him to get a shot after losing that elimination tag.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Log said:

Didn't Hangman win a ladder cluster match to get his shot against Omega?  I know that's a little different because it was a "back door" way for him to get a shot after losing that elimination tag.

He did, but I was specifically referring to the PPV themed #1 contender things they usually do. I believe that match was billed as a Casino ladder match, which 1) was the first of its kind to be billed that way and 2) doesn’t make much sense, because it was casino themed and cashed in at… Full Gear, decidedly NOT a casino themed PPV 😂

But, yeah, you’re right, he did. I’m sure there are other instances of people winning cluster matches and going on to win a title, surely? But not the FOTR match, or Casino battle royales.

EDIT: I’m on mobile, I thought my back to back replies would merge into one. Damnit!

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I just hope there's something at the top of the ladder that not a giant Sonic ring.

Scorpio looked like he was about to jump through that thing and enter a bonus stage, trying to get a Chaos Emerald.

I'm not seeing the problem.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You think Leyla Hersh might be the next big onscreen villain?

I wouldn't mind that one bit. There are other candidates, for sure, but if they'd go with her, she could have a Taz-like reign of terror enroute to the championship and beyond.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

I wouldn't mind that one bit. There are other candidates, for sure, but if they'd go with her, she could have a Taz-like reign of terror enroute to the championship and beyond.

Have her beat Jade by cheating, and break Jade’s daughters back like Zeus broke Randy Rip’s back, then Jade goes on the long comeback trail to take back what’s hers from the Neo Soviet.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AQA looked awful in that match. The Shooting Star was pretty as always. But she was botching basic shit and forgot her spots. You could hear Bryce calling to her to go back up and do a crossbody again after she fell and got lost. That match was rough and I don't know how you announce this signing now. Even if she was signed before this match, which I assume to be the case. Wait til her next outting and looks good before you announce it.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ExcellenceofAirPollution said:

I'm a few pages back and I know there's a rule against this kinda stuff, but I legit didn't know there was a popular opinion of hate on Will Ospreay

Is this a cultural thing?  I think he's a perfect Will Ospreay.  He's no Jay White, but who is?

Also, Owls are dope.

Will Ospreay's good friend raped someone. Ospreay responded to this by getting the victim blacklisted from the business... or possibly someone else did, and used his name without his knowledge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm missing something... can someone explain to me why some of you are so jazzed that they signed AQA? She was legitimately terrible in the ring. 

Or is this a mene?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I'm missing something... can someone explain to me why some of you are so jazzed that they signed AQA? She was legitimately terrible in the ring. 

Or is this a mene?

Your missing something.  AQA is awesome.  Go watch her indie matches.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Goodness

 

 

AEW is on such a roll. Incredibly strong card and with the exception of Wardlow-Caster (poor Max) each one has a clear storyline of some sort setting it up.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...