DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2022

The Natural

Just now, christopher.annino said:

Still very little info on the Owen Hart Cup...

I think he jumped the gun by announcing something so far out. It could also be that he’s courting Bret to play some kind of role in it and he doesn’t want to show his hand yet. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I think he jumped the gun by announcing something so far out. It could also be that he’s courting Bret to play some kind of role in it and he doesn’t want to show his hand yet. 

I was going to say getting Bret shouldn't be hard considering he unveiled the AEW title at the DoN.  But then there's Martha and I haven't heard of the tension easing up with them yet.  It would be great if he's able to but I don't know if I would expect it.  Besides, the fact that Martha's part of anything wrestling-related aside from Vice is a big deal and anything to make her and her family happy works for me.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I gave Jiji the sad face for that one, I like Janela. He got himself into great shape the last few months, and if you haven't seen the no-DQ match he had with Sonny on Dark a while ago, it's worth checking out.

I don't dislike Janela either and he did clearly get into some of the best shape of his career, but AEW clearly has no interest in using or booking him right now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I gave Jiji the sad face for that one, I like Janela. He got himself into great shape the last few months, and if you haven't seen the no-DQ match he had with Sonny on Dark a while ago, it's worth checking out.

That was definitely a solid outing and Janela certainly has done an admirable job with his conditioning.  Joey seems like a savvy self motivated guy and I can't help but imagine he'll find himself on a good path.  Which may even mean a return to the company down the road.  I think the same may be true for guys like Angelico, Sonny Kiss, Brian Cage, Shawn Dean, Marko and Kip Sabian.  A guy like Nick Comoroto would likely benefit greatly from a loan to New Japan for some tours.  So to the Private Party.  I really hope the NJPW relationship allows for that.  

48 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I guess he's kinda still working at AEW.

FL2cb9KVQAEDFpJ?format=jpg&name=large

I thought for a second there that this was an old photo with a previous incarnation of the Wingmen featuring 'Mempho legend' Brian Christopher.  Avalon looks incredible there.  I wonder if they'll ever (Dark-ly) explore that JD Drake/Anthony Henry tag team.  

• Like 3

When is the Statlander vs Hirsch match happening? Because they did a promo package for it like last week, but it hasn't taken place yet, nor has it been announced for next week.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, AxB said:

When is the Statlander vs Hirsch match happening? Because they did a promo package for it like last week, but it hasn't taken place yet, nor has it been announced for next week.

I think if AEW has a problem it's just struggling to find TV time to squeeze all this stuff in. Even with promos constantly getting interrupted to set up a new matchup.

Well, if it's main eventing, the crowd will be burned out by then and we won't have to worry about an all timer being spoiled by flat reactions. I'm sure it'll be very good and Dave will give it 4.5 stars. It's about building Hangmin up and Cole's been protected very well other than the lights out match.