DVDVR Message Board

2022 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

Dolfan in NYC

Mary Mara - a character actor who folks will probably recognize from a lot of random things including Nash Bridges and ER - passed away at the age of 61 in an apparent drowning in upstate New York

(I don't think there is any relation to the Mara Family who owns the New York Giants)

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Mary Mara - a character actor who folks will probably recognize from a lot of random things including Nash Bridges and ER - passed away at the age of 61 in an apparent drowning in upstate New York.

Showtime Network homies will remember her roles as Valerie Hodges, one of Harry Morgan's informants and eventual side piece, from the first season of Dexter as well as Sully Sullivan's wife from the first season of Ray Donovan.

RIP

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Aw fuck. There's a really great story about casting James Caan for Elf. So many people were afraid of him because of the reputation he had, but he couldn't have been nicer. Then there was some kind of discussion about what kind of direction to give him and Favreau was like, "he's James fucking Caan! He can just be that guy!" 

• Like 4

Scott posted a remark on Twitter about how James' father never said "I love you" so he said it to Scott all the time. The snarky asshole in me wanted to snipe back, "Oh, so that's why you're a shitty actor", but, getting that out of my system here instead...

• Haha 2

I don’t know what Sirico was like in real life, so I’m not sure where the person ended and the character began, but it’s incredibly hard to play someone that’s wily and stupid at the same time. He did it the best on a show populated with very competent morons. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

I don’t know what Sirico was like in real life, so I’m not sure where the person ended and the character began, but it’s incredibly hard to play someone that’s wily and stupid at the same time. He did it the best on a show populated with very competent morons. 

I'm just now doing my first watch of the series and your description nails it. Pauly is somehow Wile E Coyote and Gus Fring combined. 

• Like 2